High hcg, empty sac UPDATE: HEARTBEAT SEEN!

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

High hcg, empty sac UPDATE: HEARTBEAT SEEN!

Postby wanttobehopeful » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:40 pm

After 5 years of trying, and one year of not trying :), hubby and I finally conceived. It was a shock, but a wonderful surprise.
I scheduled an ultrasound, not really being sure how far along I was. Later I got out the calendar and figured out that I was anywhere from 5 weeks to 6 weeks.
Well, I went in for an ultrasound with a midwife and she only saw a gestational sac. She said that it is either a 1. blighted ovum, or 2. that it is too early to see anything. javascript:emoticon('8:O')
She had me get my hcg run. On Tuesday it was about 23000. On Thursday, it had risen but only to about 26000.
This has been such a long five days. We go back for an ultrasound in four days. As much as I hope we will see a baby, I am so afraid that we will not.javascript:emoticon(':H')
Praying for a miracle. I would appreciate all your prayers and positive thoughts.
wanttobehopeful
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:41 am

You are still early. Hopefully you see something at that next ultrasound. I know I was just about nine weeks before seeing my baby and the wait was just so hard. (((hugs)))
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby wanttobehopeful » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:50 pm

Just heard back from the midwife. We still don't know anything. She said it is good that my HCG went up, but that it could still be a blighted ovum. My progesterone was a little low (13.3) so they are putting me on supplements. To sum it all up, we still know nothing. Have to wait for the ultrasound on Thur. . . sigh. Please keep us in your prayers. We really want this baby!
wanttobehopeful
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Tcakes » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:09 pm

I am wishing you all the best at your next appointment.

I am in the same boat and waiting to have my 3rd scan next week. I was given the possibility of mine being blighted ovum as well after the 1st scan, but at my 2nd scan we saw the fetal pole and a "flicker" which may possibly have been a heartbeat.

So again, I know what you are going through in having to wait but try not to stress.
Tcakes
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby wanttobehopeful » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:01 pm

Wow! If they saw the fetal pole, no b.o. for you! Yay! Come on E> !!! I'll include you in my prayers!
wanttobehopeful
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Tcakes » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:14 pm

Thank you so much and I will keep you in mine also.
Tcakes
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby wanttobehopeful » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:51 pm

Our 2nd ultrasound is tomorrow. Hoping to see a little bean. Please keep us in your prayers! :H :H :H :H :H :H :H :H :H :H :H
wanttobehopeful
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Tcakes » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:47 pm

:H :H :H :H ....that all goes well!
Tcakes
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:59 am

Watching for that update.
my blighted ovum scare

If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Re: High hcg, empty sac

Postby wanttobehopeful » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:06 pm

So I can't believe I am writing this. Yesterday we went for our ultrasound. I was sick all day b/c I was soooo worried. I cried half way to the appt. So I got there, hubby met me and the midwife came in to do the ultrasound. It seemed to take FOREVER, although it was probably only a minute. We could not see the screen, but honestly, I wasn't trying to. I was looking at my precious daughter whom we adopted last year, and hoping for it to be over quickly. Finally, the midwife turns the screen towards us and points. She says "And that is your baby's heartbeat!" E> I immediately started crying. I cry just writing it!! She acted like she had been sure all along that everything would be fine. REALLY? A week and a half ago, she was singing a different song!!
We are, of course, thrilled! :)8 :)8 :)8 :)8 :)8 I can't thank everyone enough for the support and prayers.
We would really appreciate your continued prayers. :H :H :H Baby bean's heartbeat was a little slow. The midwife said that she thinks it is really early. They checked my progesterone again b/c that was low last time. Hopefully the prometrium is helping in that department.
Not sure of a due date yet... . one step at a time!
B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B)
wanttobehopeful
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Tcakes » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:16 pm

I am over the moon for you!!! Congratulations!!! This is awesome!!! I am doing the happy dance for you!!! B) :) B) :)8 B) :) :)8
Tcakes
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby LisaL » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:18 pm

Thats great!! :)8 Congrats and hang on tight to your little bean!!! :)

Lisa
Lisa: DD, m/c 9.5 weeks, DD, m/c 10 weeks, DS

LisaL
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:27 pm

Excellent news! I am just so happy for you. If that midwife had just said it was too early, come back in a couple weeks, she would have saved you a lot of heartache.

:)8 I hope you keep us updated on your pregnancy!
my blighted ovum scare

Kay

Postby aisha » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:57 pm

Congratulations!!! :)8
aisha
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories