Cramping,bleeding,declining HCGs,Good News-MiraclesCanHappen

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Cramping,bleeding,declining HCGs,Good News-MiraclesCanHappen

Postby misdiagnosed » Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:57 pm

Originally posted by MiraclesCanHappen 10/20/2004
------------------------------------------------------------

My name is Kellie and I am currently pregnant with my 4th pregnancy this will be my 3rd child. I had a miscarriage with my first pregnancy and I have a almost 5 yr old son and a 2 yr old daughter. With both my son and my daughter I bled for the first 12 weeks about. This pregnancy was no different except this time I had extreme cramps. I started bleeding around 6 weeks and kept bleeding until 12 weeks about. I went into the Er numerous times for severe cramping and heavy bleeding. They did ultrasounds and called it a threatened abortion. The time before last when I went into the ER the doc said that he was gonna draw my blood for a beta hcg count. He came back and said that from the last time it was drawn until then it had went down and I was miscarrying. He said that I shouldnt see a drop in the hcg until atleast 12 weeks or so. I was only 9 weeks about at the time. He said for me to call my OB for a d&c appt the next day. At the ER I was seen at he said the only reason they call in Ultrasound techs at night is for Emergency's like ruling out an ectopic or something and I had already had a ultrasound and we knew the baby was in the uterus. So he said I was having a miscarriage and sent me home with a valium and some pain meds. I called my ob office the next morning and they told me to come in immediately. I went in and he got the ultrasound machine and there the baby was jumping around everywhere with a heartbeat of 169. I was so amazed, angry, hurt, scared. Whatever you do don't give up hope and dont jump to conclusions. I am now 17 weeks pregnant with a very active baby that we find the sex out on November 10th......

Kellie

P.S. If anyone has any questions about anything you can email me at greeneyez782001@hotmail.com
misdiagnosed
Administrator
Administrator

Lowering HCG levels/Blighted Ovum

Postby awater10 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:18 pm

Thank you so much for posting this! After reading your story, I now have more hope. At 9 1/2 weeks I starting spotting lightly after I had sex with my boyfriend but it didn't start until the next morning. I went to the emergency room and they did an u/s and a vus and said that they couldn't detect a heartbeat. They did some blood work and told me to return in two days. Yesterday (1/11/09) I returned to the ER for more blood work and they said that my HCG levels went from 12083 to 10184 and that no fetus was detected in the previous ultrasound. The doctor then told me that I may have a blighted ovum but not to schedule a D&C and to make an appointment with my OB. I now have an appointment scheduled for Thursday (1/14/09). I am still feeling my pregnancy symptoms but still spotting with no pain whatsoever. I'm not giving up on my baby. My boyfriend has so much hope that I truly believe I still have a chance. I'm still taking my prenatal vitamins and resting don't plan on stopping unless the pregnancy ends itself. Keep us in your prayers
Diagnosed with blighted ovum at 10 weeks
awater10
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories