need a little hope....UPDATE: Misdiagnosed

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

need a little hope....UPDATE: Misdiagnosed

Postby moore&moore » Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:03 am

:huh: I am sort of at a loss. I think my dr (s) are hinting that maybe I am going to miscarry or they think I may have a blighted ovum. I am 6w 1dy right now. As of now I have had 4 ultrasounds. They all show a gest sac, but nothing else. No yolk sac, no embryo. The last dr I saw had my levels drawn one more time (she thought they would be going down or would only have a minimal rise) and was very surprised when they doubled. My last hcg level was 9929. She said she had been expecting maybe something in the 6000's since my previous number had been in the 5000's. Apparently they have to go up by 66% to be considered good. So she has me going in for yet another u/s tomorrow night and I am terrified they will once again not find anything. Should they be able to see more by now or is there still hope that everything will be ok? I have been told that I have a tipped uterus before so I asked the dr about that and she said it didn't matter. Until the new hcg numbers she was talking D&C. I have been spotting (pink and only on tp) off and on which is what started all the u/s in the first place. I am finding it harder and harder to keep my hopes up since the dr.s seems so cynical. Any opinions would be much appreciated.
moore&moore
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby faerie64 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:47 am

is it too darned early at only 6+1 to see anything. And any scans before then were only going to show a sac anyway.

Please stay hopeful. If your numbers are rising and since it is soooo early....I will cross my fingers and toes for positive growth your next scan. and yes, your tipped uterus can make a difference with what can be seen and how easily. don't let them give up to quickly. They really have to ram that probe up and back into your cervix to see anything. Be persistent. Make them keep looking longer than just a couple of minutes.

Also, with having 4 scans already and the pressure that it puts on your cervix, that could very well be what is causing your pink spotting as the cervix is highly vascularized (which is why you have bloody show when it dialates for birth!)

STAY STRONG AND POSITIVE! please keep us posted!

Lori
Lori 43, Mark 34, Jake 16, Natalie 10
Shayla Skye born 12-29-06
Me Nurse Long Time. OY!!!
faerie64
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:59 pm

You've had too many ultrasounds too early. I'm not a huge believer that ultrasound use is that safe especially so early when the baby is first forming and I just cannot understand why you've had four ultrasounds before six weeks.

Honestly, with a tilted uterus, there is still a good chance you will not see anything. I know it is hard but you may want to consider waiting a week or two to have that ultrasound. I was not able to see my baby until almost nine weeks.

And, yes, a tilted uterus does matter. We've seen it too many times to know that it does. One thing to keep in mind, though, just because you have a tilted uterus, does not mean this is not a miscarriage, just makes your chances of misdiagnosis a bit higher. But, as early as you are, there are many women with and without a tilted uterus who cannot see their babies yet.

I'm a little concerned about this doctor you are seeing. YOu might want to consider a new doctor.

Kay :heart:
Kay

Postby moore&moore » Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:28 pm

:yay: We got good news last night! They found the baby and they found a heartbeat! I found out yesterday that the last doctor I saw had already decided I had a missed abortion! When they did the u/s last night they measured stuff as me being 6w today and by my lmp I should be 6w 3 days! I remember reading several times on this board that you can be off by a few days without there being a problem. I prayed really hard and cried like crazy when my hubby saw the heartbeat. I did have some more pink spotting today but I am starting to agree with the comment about that darn probe. I actually feel somewhat sore from last night. No not a wild night with hubby just a transvaginal u/s!!!!!!!!!!
moore&moore
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Aydin's Mom » Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:33 pm

I am so glad that you found your baby! I am not happy with your doctor doing so many US and then at just six weeks diagnosing it as a missed miscarriage. You need to trust your doctor because you will have a relationship with them for the next 9 months. I would consider switching doctors.

~Emiliy
Aydin's Mom
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:29 pm

Congratulations! You were just too early and what your doctor put you through is really inexcusable. You ought to get a new doctor and pronto.

That said...

Congratulations again on that :heart: and that misdiagnosis.

:cheer: :cheer: :jive: :cheer: :cheer:

Kay :heart:
Kay

Postby s2anderson » Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:48 pm

CONGRATS!!!!!! to you and hubby! and we are praying for the same result!!!!! Why do they scare us like this!!!!!!!!
s2anderson
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby FaithinGod » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:23 pm

I am so very happy for you! I have tears swelling up in my eyes but happy tears!! I pray I am able to post a great update too very soon!
FaithinGod
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Mom In Waiting » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:34 pm

What wonderful news!!! Your prayers paid off!! God is so faithful to answer our prayers if we just let Him handle all the details! I am so glad that you were able to share this wonderful time with your hubby as well. Here's hoping for a great rest of your pregnancy with nothing but good results from here on out!

For FaithinGod and s2anderson: I am also praying that you two get the same wonderful results!!!! Please keep us posted!!! Blessings to all, Cyndi :heart:
Angel Baby #1 6/00 (10wks)
Angel Baby #2 1/01 (12wks)
Birth of Samuel Lee 7/26/02!!!!
Angel#3 "Jeremy" 11/04 (17wks)
Alicia Kathryn Born 7/6/06!!!!!
Mom In Waiting

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories