my miracle at 7 wks 3 days-no blighted ovum here!!

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

my miracle at 7 wks 3 days-no blighted ovum here!!

Postby shannonrn » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:51 pm

I just wanted to tell my story to give other women some hope. My LMP was Jan 12...+ HPT Feb 19...On feb 21 small amt of brown spotting... U/S on March 1 shows empty sac measuring 4 wks 4 days but by LMP should've been 6 wks 6 days. The doctor seemed to have very little hope as well as myself. The doctor discussed Cytotec if no change in a week because I really didn't want a D&C. I've been through this before 7 yrs ago with a blighted ovum. I immediately thought this is it, it's over. The next day I had my levels drawn and they were 9000...2 days later 18000...but I'm thinking they should've saw something with those levels. Meanwhile, horrible morning sickness kicks in. I still think it's a blighted ovum because your levels can go up so therefore you can be sick. My husband never lost hope. I thought he was crazy for having faith. I was supposed to return in 1 wk but decided I would wait for 2 wks instead just to give the pregnancy every chance. So, I had an U/S on March 13 and there was my baby with a great heartbeat of 137. I measured 7 wks 3 days. I can't believe it, we are so happy!! I guess I just ovulated really late but I truly thought there was no way I could be that far off. We are thanking God for this miracle. I feel bad that I had no hope but when you have bad experiences sometimes that's how you feel. Don't give up based on early U/S, it is just to early. God Bless you all!!
shannonrn
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby AshleyAE » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:54 pm

Congratulations!
AshleyAE
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:50 pm

Wonderful news! Thank you so very much for sharing your story. You'll help so many women. Thank you for that!

Also, as I know you know from the many stories here, many women look one to two weeks behind in the first trimester and then measure more accurately in the second. Don't be surprised if you actually more than nine weeks and not the seven you believe yourself to be based on the ultrasound dating.

And, of course, congratulations!
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby leah p » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:18 pm

Congratulations that is so wonderful. It is fantastic to have stories with such a great outcome on here to give hope to those who are in similar situations. Thank you for sharing your story. Best of luck with your pregnancy. E>
mother of Jacob 15 & his angel twin, Sarah 8 ,Angel, Alani 6 Angel August 2009 and finally Kaitlyn the answer to my prayers.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2[url
leah p
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby MITECA » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:48 am

Congratulations!! That is so wonderful!!!
Kelley~32 Antolin~40
***Ashleigh 1/6/98 ***
***Freddie 4/18/03***
***Christian 2/29/08***
Angel babies 11/95* 10/96* 2/97* 5/97* 07/03* 02/09* 06/09
Expecting 10/03/10
MITECA
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby shannonrn » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:56 pm

Thank you all for your support! I'm so glad that this website exists, it is wonderful! Please pray for us to have a healthy pregnancy!
shannon-28 carl-46

Alijzah 11/96
Angel babies 11/97 & 1/02
Natalia 10/03-loss at 23 wks
Parker 6/08
Expecting 10/28/10
shannonrn
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:08 pm

Just because I am so happy for you, I'm also adding

:)8 :P :)8

You remain in my prayers for a safe, healthy and even boring pregnancy :)O
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby aisha » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:13 am

CONGRATS!!! i am sooooooooooo happy for you :)O :P :)8
aisha
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories