DO NOT LOSE HOPE!! HERE'S MY STORY!!

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

DO NOT LOSE HOPE!! HERE'S MY STORY!!

Postby MITECA » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:39 pm

I went to the OB last friday at 7 weeks 5 days (from LMP)..I couldn't see my regular doc so I saw an associate...he entered the room to do the ultrasound (vaginal) and the first words out of his mouth were "where's the uterus" I was stunned to say the least!!!
In a matter of 5 seconds he told me that there was nothing in the uterus, it did not look good and if I had ever really been pregnant...I just looked at him with this stunned look on my face and reminded him that he was supposed to have read my chart and looked at my Beta numbers...
He proceeded to tell me I had "failed to progress" in this pregnancy, but not to worry I probably wouldn't need a D&C and that if I had any questions to call...That was it, no explanation, no I'm sorry's, no nothing...in a matter of 90 seconds (from the time he entered the room until the time he left) he had ruined my life and left me with so many questions, and of course he was no where to be found...I went home devastated, with no direction...
I found this website on saturday and started asking myself questions..on Monday I called my regular doctor and told him what had happened and he got me in today (Wednesday)...there were a few tense moments on the ultrasound and then I heard the most beautiful sound, my baby's heartbeat!! I carefully asked if that was my heartbeat and the nurse said "congratulations, we have found your baby" I was stunned yet again!!! I cried and screamed with joy!! My doc said it is in a strange position but nothing that couldn't have been found if looked for...My doctor took picture after picture and told me that at their weekly meeting he plans on making an example (not a good one I am sure) out of this "doctor" that told me just to go home and wait to miscarry...what angers me the most is I would have come home, and waited and waited with no miscarriage (obviously) and no prenatal care for my baby...and if I had been willing to do a D&C I would have killed a perfectly healthy baby...that is something that I can not forgive this so called doctor for, ever!!!
Kelley~32 Antolin~40
***Ashleigh 1/6/98 ***
***Freddie 4/18/03***
***Christian 2/29/08***
Angel babies 11/95* 10/96* 2/97* 5/97* 07/03* 02/09* 06/09
Expecting 10/03/10
MITECA
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby lory » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:47 pm

So sorry about the rude doctor but so happy you heard your baby's heartbeat and all is well :)8 :)8
Lory 30 DH 30
1 Angel baby 07/04/2009

lory
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby MITECA » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:55 am

Thank you Lory, I am sooo glad that I stopped completely trusting in other doctors after they almost killed me and my daughter due to severe preeclampsia 12 years ago...
Kelley~32 Antolin~40
***Ashleigh 1/6/98 ***
***Freddie 4/18/03***
***Christian 2/29/08***
Expecting 10/03/10
MITECA
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby p9cbs » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:40 am

Fantastic news. Just shows the docs do make mistakes and we read about it again and again on websites like this one.

Hoping other women find this website which gives them hope, support, answers and sometimes miracle stories. (Does it show how emotional I have become lately)!!!

Lost Angel #1 at 6 wks - 31.10.08
Lost Angel #2 at 10 wks - 08.01.0
p9cbs
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby ashleyluvsmatt » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:01 pm

So sorry about your bad experiences. But I am so glad things are looking up! Congratulations!!
*~*~Ashley~*~*
me- (25) BF Matt (27)
1 Angel Baby
ashleyluvsmatt
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:50 pm

Oh my goodness, what an amazing story. Sadly, it seems like there are many doctors like that associate. I'm glad yours has a happy ending. Thank you so much for sharing!

Congratulations!
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby MITECA » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:40 pm

Thank everyone for their kind words...The only doctor that I have any confidence in is my normal OB, in fact I go to him when I am not pregnant for any common illness I feel needs to be checked out...I wanted to share this story so that women like me and you can see that there are happy endings and doctors don't know everything...my husband and I had started mourning a child that was still very much alive, just in hiding...
Kelley~32 Antolin~40
***Ashleigh 1/6/98 ***
***Freddie 4/18/03***
***Christian 2/29/08***
Expecting 10/03/10
MITECA
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories