Misdiagnosed Blighted Ovum

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Misdiagnosed Blighted Ovum

Postby hdn » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:24 am

I'm 33 years old and this is my 3rd (unplanned) pregnancy. I have two healthy boys ages 9 and 6 and both pregnancies were healthy. I didn't have U/S w/ wither until 20 weeks. This time my dates were off so Dr. ordered early U/S to date the pregnancy. I was misdiagnosed with a blighted ovum on Nov. 5. The U/S showed a sac measuring 2.04 cm with nothing in it. My doctor ordered another U/S on Nov. 11 just to be sure before performing a D&C and we were able to see a heartbeat this time! I don't know why they are so quick to diagnose B/O - it caused me a lot of unecessary grief! This site along with my faith helped me to have hope during those 6 long days between U/S's. I wanted to share my story to help others keep the faith!
Faithful
hdn
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Awesome

Postby nicole729 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:00 pm

This is awesome. Keep us updated. I am still waiting it out.
For you created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made: My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in the secret place. PSALMS 139: 13-16
nicole729
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:57 pm

I am so glad you were not pushed into a D&C so early. Numerous women here, myself included, did not see anything when the sac measured only 20 or 21 mm. Some doctors really push hard for D&C at that point.

Thank you so sharing your story. Have a terrific pregnancy and, please, keep us updated.
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby hdn » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:27 pm

I haven't updated since I shared my story in November. I had another ultrasound at 12 weeks (Dec. 18). We were able to see everything so perfectly (nose, lips, arm, hand) - it was awesome! I'm 15 weeks now and will have another ultrasound on Feb. 5. I've had two doctor's visits and heard strong heartbeat so everything is progressing great at this point. My due date is July 2 even though last ultrasound measured me a week further, making it June 23!
Faithful
hdn
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories