My empty sac has a heartbeat!

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

My empty sac has a heartbeat!

Postby lotsofaloha » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:19 am

I wanted to share my story with you. This website was the only positive site I found throughout my ordeal. I went in for an early sonogram at 5 weeks 5 days pregnant to check on a cyst. Nothing but a small empty sac was found. The ultrasound tec told me they should see a yolk sac also by then. I was scheduled for another u/s a week later.

At 6 weeks 5 days, my doctor could not find anything but an empty sac. She sent me to a fetal diagnostic center and the fetal medicine doctor told me that things did not look good and I might need a d & c. I was very worried because I did not have any pregnacy symptoms. My first pregnancy I had severe morning sickness from the beginning and this time I felt fine.

Luckily, my doctor was a little more hopeful and sent me for another u/s and at 7 weeks and 5 days we finally saw a beautiful beating heart. In one week, we saw a yolksac, fetal pole an a heartbeat. It was a miracle! I was told I had a very tilted uterus and shadowing from my previous c-section which they think contributed to not seeing the baby earlier. This site was the only thing that kept me hopeful! Don't give up hope too early! Best of luck to everyone.
lotsofaloha
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:55 pm

Okay, more tears from me. I'm loving all these misdiagnosed stories this month.

I am so glad you found your baby and I am so glad you found this site. Several years ago, pregnancy sites gave no hope during pregnancy scares. In fact, I had webmasters email me telling our site was hurting women by giving 'false hope'. We always countered with the argument that women should be 100% positive before ending their pregnancies. That is not false hope. That is known as taking charge of your body and pregnancy. As a result, hundreds of women have shared their misdiagnosed stories. I am also thankful that a number of these sites now do let women know they might want to wait. For that, I am so grateful! I truly believe with each additional story, more and more women, doctors, websites, etc... will give women hope.

Congratulations!
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby nicole729 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:49 pm

Such a hopeful story. Thanks for sharing and keep us updated if possible. Makes me hurt that I didn't wait longer during my first m/c at 8 wks and no HB seen. I will never know and am trying to move on.
For you created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made: My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in the secret place. PSALMS 139: 13-16
nicole729
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby irishsweetie2003 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:12 pm

Just curious.... Did they ever try a vaginal ultrasound... My case sounds a lot like yours.... My sack is on target, but they say they can't see anything... A very inexperienced US tech and very young, and a very negatie Dr that is already ticked off at me because I have proen him wrong on several occations with his diagnosis...
I have anouther US and then I will be 8w 3d.... During my ultrasound yesturday I was 6w 5d and the sack measured 6w5d..... No fetal pole and no yolk sack...
irishsweetie2003
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories