Robin's Story - high hCGs, no baby ... MISDIAGNOSED

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Robin's Story - high hCGs, no baby ... MISDIAGNOSED

Postby Kay » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:20 pm

I was given permission to share Robin's story with you.
---------------------------------
Good Morning,
I did not want to create an acct but wanted to share a story. Your website has been so inspirational to me for the past 2 weeks. I have had 2 miscarriages in the past and recently found out that I am pregnant again. I went in for an early ultrasound. Dr measured me at 5 weeks 6 days, no cardiac activity. Had HCG taken on Monday 10/26 level was 25000, Wednesday 10/28 level was 35000. Dr states "This is not good news" Went back Friday 10/30 for more HCG level was 49500, "better but not good". Today I had my ultrasound and there was a baby measuring 7 weeks 6 days and a perfect heartbeat. I just want to encourage women to not only go by HCG numbers. We are all different and just trust your heart. I cannot stand hearing "lets wait and see" but that really is the best thing to do. If I had it to do all over again I would refuse early HCG levels and wait until the 8th week for an ultrasound, not knowing anything is better than getting news that isn't so good or conclusive. Hang in there and pray for your little ones. God hears us and does answer.

God Bless
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories