Tilted uterus and high hcgs = misdiagnosed BO by Angel

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Tilted uterus and high hcgs = misdiagnosed BO by Angel

Postby misdiagnosed » Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:56 pm

Originally posted 10/12/2004
---------------------------------

Hi Ladies:

The following is my story, I hope it helps give hope to those of you who have the same if not similar situations in your pregnancy.

Three weeks ago I went into see my former O/B, he did the initial examination and told me everything looked fine. He said that because I was put on bedrest during my first pregnancy that I would more than likely have to have a stitch put in my cervix at 16-17 weeks.

The next day he called me in and wanted to do a u/s. I agreed and I'm glad I did. During the u/s he had a medical student and the u/s tech in the room, he bluntly states I had no gestational sack and that could mean that I had a non-viable pregnancy. He drew my blood for hcg levels. Told me to keep in the back of my mind that I may have an ectopic pregnancy. He also told me not to be too confident if my hcg levels are high because that does not mean anything.

The next day (which was a Saturday) I had to go into the ER due to dizziness and not feeling well. I found out from the ER doctor that I was not as far along as I thought. My hcg levels were only indicating that I was between 3 and 4 weeks along, which would mean it is too early to see any gestational sack to see.

Monday I went into the O/B's office for yet another blood draw for yet another hcg level. I gave the nurse my paper from the ER and she said (and I quote) "That is all good, but don't get your hopes up too high we don't want you to be disappointed when you have to have a d&c and/or miscarry". Well, at that point I walked out of the office never looked back and found a new O/B.

I have been seen in the ER twice since then due to being dehydrated and I had my hcg levels done both times. On 10/2 I had a u/s done and showed a yolk and a sack and I also found out that I was not as far along as I was told by my old O/B. I also found out that my uterus was tilted very bad and I actually had to lift my butt off of the table for them to get the sack and yolk on the u/s.

My hcg levels have been as follows:

9/24: 1194
9/25: 1640
9/27: 4012
10/02: 18,875
10/07: 51,266

Last week I had my first visit at my new O/B's office and of course the first visit is with the nurse. This nurse was as negative as the old O/B's office. She kept calling me at home and telling me that because there was not little bean shape in my yolk and sack that was seen in the ER on 10/2 during the u/s I had that day, that it is probably the start of my body rejecting the pregnancy. I refused to believe her and she would call my house about every other day to check on me like she was hoping I would miscarry.

WELL, LADIES I AM HAPPY TO REPORT THAT I DID NOT MISCARRY. I went in for my u/s today 10/11 and I saw the little light flashing on the screen and heard the hb at 124 beats. I did not even have to lift my butt off of the table for the u/s tech to get the pictures she needed. She did it just fine, she said my uterus is tilted forward which is a very good thing the u/s tech said. Which the u/s tech said is a very strong viable hb and also said that my due date and how far along I am was totally misdiagnoised. I am due May 30, 2005 and I am 7 weeks along today. When I heard the hb and saw the little grain of rice, I cried so hard. I feel great and I am glad that I kept a positive outlook and I am also very glad that I was a part of babycenter.com and the misdiagnosed board on that website. The ladies there have been wonderful.

That is my story so anyone who would like please feel free to contact me at my home email or on here. I will help out any way I can.

Angel
arksone@comcast.net
misdiagnosed
Administrator
Administrator

Postby vvt8812 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:31 pm

Hello,
I read your story and was in tears with happiness. Could this happen to me too? Same story no gestestional sac getting ready for D&C, suspected ectopic but HCG is going up. So waiting for my second u/s and hoping that they find my little grain of rice. Loved your story very inperational.
vvt8812
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Thank you

Postby jlemons » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:15 am

Hi my name is Jeri.=A0 I just wanted to say that your story touched me. My "baby" measured out at 7 weeks and on the sonogram they couldn't find a heartbeat.My husband and I decided to go to a different Hosiptal, My appt. is the 14th with a nurse to get my medical records transfered. Im so scared I bleed when i wipe sometimes and tonight I passed a kinda big blood clot.=A0 Im so worried that I might miscarry we have a 2 year old daughter who calls my belly "bub bub:. I just wanted to say thank you. My email is jjlemons69@yahoo.com if you u want to email :sos
jlemons
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Tilted uterus and high hcgs = misdiagnosed BO by Angel

Postby etrnty4195 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:40 am

my first appt was on august 1st where they went by my last period for a due date which they said i was 7 weeks and 3 days. i went in august 12 for my very first ultra sound and they said all they saw was the sacs. so i was told to go get my hcg levels tested to see how high they were and it came back to be high to where i should be about 9 weeks so i was told i was having a miscarriage. she gave me an appt for the 24th to decide whether i wanted to get a d&c or not. i have no pain or no bleeding at all so i dont know what to think anymore. your story speaks to me soo much because in the ultrasound the technician wouldnt tell me anything she just kept asking questions, so i had to finally come out and ask her "u dont see anything do u?" that was the hardest thing ive ever had to ask and force to come out my mouth. i am definately going to get a new opinion even if the results remain the same i just would feel comfortable with someone that will talk to me and help me understand better. thank you for this i really needed someone to help me make the right decision and ur story helped out so much. thank you!
etrnty4195
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby amymoe » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:43 am

Dear Etrnty4195,good morning,dont let the doctors tell you how far along you are,I had a similiar situation and they requested I get a D&C,they ended up finding two fetuses in one sack at 11 weeks! I delivered identical twin girls in febuary of 2011!I put my story on here and would like for you to read it,I certainly hope it helps you feel better.Its under "Blighted Ovum false diagnoses amazing outcome" in the subject search.Good lucky honey,my heart tells me you will be fine E>
amymoe
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby miracle11 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:46 am

ok...I am 6 weeks pregnant today. I went to the emergency room on sat. (1 oct 2011) for very light spotting. I was 5 weeks and 4 days. they said that there was no baby in sight along with no sac. My hcg levels were 7368.30. I did a followup with my obgyn today and they did another ultrasound. the tech told me while showing me the screen that there was no sign of a baby in my uterus and that they suspected the sac was in my right tube. well, the er said that the sac was a cyst on Saturday and my obgyn referred to this cyst as the sack? my hcg levels were 12460. there only solution is laprosocpy in which they say I may wake up with only my left tube? Help!!! should we get an second opinion.
miracle11
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories