Can you have a blighted ovum after a heartbeat? BABY FOUND

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Can you have a blighted ovum after a heartbeat? BABY FOUND

Postby krusten68 » Wed May 20, 2009 6:44 pm

Hello. My name is Kristen and I'm new to the boards. To be blunt, I'm in a total nightmare right now.

I had a vaginal ultrasound at approximately 6w 1d pregnant due to some light bleeding, and they were able to pick up a slow heartbeat but were not able to pick anything up with an external unltrasound. They said the heartbeat might be slow because it was just probably starting up.
At 6w 4d according to ultrasound, I had an external ultrasound which did not pick up a heartbeat. The technologist said he did not want to do a vaginal one because he didn't want to disrupt anything. Today I saw my doctor who read the actual report from the second ultrasound. He told me no fetal pole or yolk sac was detected on the second ultra sound. Has this happened to anyone? Is it possible to have a blighted ovum AFTER cardiac activity is detected? My HgC levels are normal... I go for another ultrasound in a week (I will be 9 weeks by them) and was basically told either I'm miscarrying or I'm not. Help? This is torture as I had a stillborn 2 years ago at 34 weeks (cord accident) and I have just turned 28 years old. I am really losing all hope....
krusten68
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Thu May 21, 2009 1:56 am

But they detected a heartbeat? That doesn't make sense at all.

Have you considered going to a new doctor?
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby krusten68 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:49 pm

Turns out the baby is fine, but I still think that I am miscarrying every day because of the stillbirth I had and this recent scare.

Good luck to everyone strggling right now :)
krusten68
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby nenasangel » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:09 pm

I'm glad baby is fine and I pray you have a healthy happy outcome to this pregnancy. Here is a prayer I found for my daughter.

Pregnancy Prayer
Ezek 16:6 "Then I passed by and saw you kicking about in your blood, and as you lay there in your blood I said to you, "Live!"
Baby in the name of Jesus I prophecy the Word of God over your life by professing that you will live and not die and proclaim what the Lord has done (Psa 118:17). I come against the name of miscarriage and the symptoms of miscarriage and you must bow down and leave! I command every part of my body to function the way God created you to because you are fearfully and wonderfully made. That means every hormone is to get into balance and function perfectly not only during my pregnancy and delivery but for the rest of my life!
Jesus is the Word of God and I speak the life of Jesus into my womb, which says I will NOT miscarry. Right now according to Isaiah 53:4-5 I claim healing over any complication within my or my baby's body. Lord I thank you that you are restoring me to perfect health and healing me from all of my wounds (Jer 30:17).
Father I commit my baby and my pregnancy into your hands. I thank you according to your Word that you will take charge of the growth and development of my baby by knitting every part of them together without any defect or complication. I know that you will perfect that which concerns me and you will not forsake the work of your own hands because your mercy and loving-kindness endure forever.(Psa 38:8 AMP).
I take authority over fear and oppression for they are under my feet for I have been given a spirit of power a sound mind and self-control. I pray right now for your perfect peace to come upon me and to guard my heart and my mind in you. Lord I thank you for this miracle and for your Word because it says if I believe I will receive whatever I ask for in prayer(Mark 11:24).
Hoping & Praying
nenasangel
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby april1979 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:09 pm

Glad that the baby is fine...

Did you have another scan that showed the baby? I am just curious why they could not find baby...
april1979
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby krusten68 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:40 am

Thank you both very much...

I had another abdominal scan at 9 weeks and lo and behold there was a baby with a strong heartbeat. It turns out I do have a tilted uterus, so maybe that was the problem after all.

I'm going on 12 weeks now, and have my first OB appointment next week. I'm really looking forward to hearing the heartbeat and *think* I may be able to relax a little after that.

I want to be excited for this pregnancy, but I'm finding it really hard because there's always that nagging "I'm going to miscarry" feeling.

Again, good luck to everyone and my thoughts are with you all. xoxoxoxo
krusten68
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby april1979 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:07 am

I understand how hard it is in a pregnancy that occurs after a miscarriage. There is nothing that can restore you to that blissful happy ignorance of nothing bad happening. I pray that everything continues to go well and that you are able to relax and enjoy your pregnancy...it truly is hard (having been there)...(((HUGS)))
april1979
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:53 am

That is just excellent news! Moving this to the misdiagnosed forum.
my blighted ovum scare

If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby krusten68 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:11 pm

Thank you again and I'm having a hard time enjoying anything because all I feel is constant guilt for all of those who are suffering loss and for the loss I've suffered too. Such is life, I guess...
krusten68
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby april1979 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:14 am

There is no reason to feel guilty...each success should and deserves to be celebrated. You can offer hope to anyone that has gone through a miscarriage and worries that they will never get pregnant again...
april1979
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:18 pm

I understand the guilt and you are not alone but, you know, each baby is precious. We should celebrate each one found whether it is our own or not. I struggle with why two women with very similar symptoms and pregnancies can have very two different outcomes. Unfortunately, there is just no crystal ball to tell which babies will be there and which will not. Doctors do not have it and we do not have it. The best advice I can come up with is to be a shoulder for those who have losses and be there to celebrate the babies that are there.

(((hugs)))
my blighted ovum scare

Kay

Soooo confused! please help!

Postby uslady25 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:16 pm

Kay

I don't want to lose hope.
Lord please help me.

hcg levels w/ no progesterone done
7/7=40
7/8=29
7/10=42
7/13=55
7/17=85 w/ prog. level of 2

I was told since the 7th that I would miscarry, I went through what I thought was a period. My hcg levels only droped once since then. They finally decided to check my prog. levels and saw that they are low and continue to tell me that I will miscarry because my progesterone is too low and they just can't figure out why my hcg levels are rising!!!
MY doctor told me it's just a waiting game now and that I should wait to miscarry.

My question is...
Why are my hcg levels rising? and should I be on progesterone to try to save this baby? Should I just quickly lose hope?
could it be to late?
I had already accepted God's will but with my hcg levels rising, is God trying to tell me not to lose hope and fight?
My husband and I waited 9 years to get pregnant

I need a prayer and I need some advice.
confused
uslady25
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

I pray that my heart dont play tricks on me.

Postby dangerouschicaohio » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:23 pm

They said that I lost my baby june 18th at 8pm in room 18. I was 7.5 weeks at the time. Is it crazy that I still think my baby is there, I think I feel my baby move. I didnt get the dnc I didnt have the heart to sit with all the other preg women. I have three living children at home but it breaks my heart still when people say "at least you have the others" the loss of this baby is not a lesser pain for me because i have others. This site makes me feel a lot better about what I am going thru and finally it feels that someone understands my pain.
dangerouschicaohio
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby cyndee1971 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:01 am

Hi, I am new to this site, and am very thankful to find you. It has been a long weekend and I am so confused. I have a history of high blood pressure so all of my pregnancies have been high risk. To make a long story short. I had an ultrasound done at 6 weeks and 1 day and there was a strong heartbeat. I went and had all tests done and everything came back normal I had been feeling fine and had no bleeding or problems whatsoever. I had some mild cramping from time to time, but dismissed them as "growing pains". I went in for my normal OB visit on August 14, 2009 (10w 1d) and started off my appointment with the doctor using the doppler to hear the baby's heartbeat. The doctor couldn't hear the heartbeat, but said that there was a lot of movement going on and maybe that is why she couldn't hear anything. She then did an ultrasound on top of my belly and couldn't see anything and said that maybe it was too soon to see anything that way, so she did a trans vaginal ultrasound. We were both shocked to see that there was nothing in my uterus. It looked as if I were never pregnant. There was no sac, no baby, nothing. The doctor said that she was sorry to say that I had miscarried. I asked the doctor why I didn't have any bleeding or severe cramping, and she said that maybe she caught it before I fully miscarried, but that it will happen soon. She told me that I could either wait it out, she could give me a pill to miscarry or I could have a D & C. I decided to wait it out because, I was hoping that maybe she was wrong. Years ago while getting a pap done, I was told that I had a tilted uterus. Has this happened to anyone??? I have heard of some of you seeing the baby and the sac and no heartbeat, and the next time seeing the heartbeat, but has anyone had the same problem that I have had only to see the baby on another ultrasound. I am still not bleeding or anything. Please help!!!! I am still hoping for a miracle.
cyndee1971
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Staci » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:16 am

Oh my goodness! You ladies are God sent. My husband found your website today. I have GREAT faith in God and trust that he lead us to you guys for the peace we were needing today. I am 39. I went to my PCP on July 29th because my face had swelled. I thought I had the mumps. Turns out I was pregnant (go figure). We were thrilled. I have two little boys that have been praying for a baby for quite some time. I went for my first sono on Aug 13th, transabdominal. The sonographer said it was too early to see anything. It was discovered that I had asymptomatic UTI. They gave me antibiotics. A couple of days later and for the past week I have notice very light spotting which appeared to be associated with constipation. I went to the doctor yesterday because I have a history of 1 ectopic pregnancy which ruptured. Upon exam they said my cervix was closed and there was no active bleeding. They sent me for a vaginal sono which as many stories I have read showed a sac that had grown, was perfect in shape, but no yok sac or fetal pole. That is when I heard the terrible words of possible blighted ovum. They drew blood to measure my levels and I have to go back on Thurs. for the next draw. My husband and I left and immediatly began to pray in the car. I went home and straight to my room and began to pray. After a nap my husband brought me to your webpages. I thank God for you and ask that each and everyone of you that has faith in God would pray for me and every woman going through this. I will keep you updated.
Staci
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Staci » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:41 pm

Ok so it's me again. I just got a phone call from the doctors office and they want me to come back tomorrow for my second blood draw to check my levels. She stated it was a matter of opinion NP vs. Dr. one wanted 72 hrs and the other 48 hrs. I guess the Dr. won. Anyway I asked her what my first levels were and she reluctantly told me they were 16,000. I do not know if that is good or not. Any advice is appreciated.
Staci
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby nenasangel » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:57 pm

Here is a prayer I found for my daughter. I will be praying.

Pregnancy Prayer
Ezek 16:6 "Then I passed by and saw you kicking about in your blood, and as you lay there in your blood I said to you, "Live!"
Baby in the name of Jesus I prophecy the Word of God over your life by professing that you will live and not die and proclaim what the Lord has done (Psa 118:17). I come against the name of miscarriage and the symptoms of miscarriage and you must bow down and leave! I command every part of my body to function the way God created you to because you are fearfully and wonderfully made. That means every hormone is to get into balance and function perfectly not only during my pregnancy and delivery but for the rest of my life!
Jesus is the Word of God and I speak the life of Jesus into my womb, which says I will NOT miscarry. Right now according to Isaiah 53:4-5 I claim healing over any complication within my or my baby's body. Lord I thank you that you are restoring me to perfect health and healing me from all of my wounds (Jer 30:17).
Father I commit my baby and my pregnancy into your hands. I thank you according to your Word that you will take charge of the growth and development of my baby by knitting every part of them together without any defect or complication. I know that you will perfect that which concerns me and you will not forsake the work of your own hands because your mercy and loving-kindness endure forever.(Psa 38:8 AMP).
I take authority over fear and oppression for they are under my feet for I have been given a spirit of power a sound mind and self-control. I pray right now for your perfect peace to come upon me and to guard my heart and my mind in you. Lord I thank you for this miracle and for your Word because it says if I believe I will receive whatever I ask for in prayer(Mark 11:24).
Hoping & Praying
nenasangel
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Praise God For all These Encouragement

Postby adiraosei » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:31 pm

Hi all-- I too says this site is God sent. I have been walking around for 3 wks having sore breast and painful hips, but did not know I was pregnant until last Saturday. I was having spots and twitching crams on my right and when my husband drove me to the emergency and they ran test they saw that I was pregant but could not find anything in the sac. They did not know how far I was into my pregnancy. The Dr said he was not ruling out ectopic pregnancy cause they could not see anything. The lady that did the u/s says when its early into the pregnancy many times they can't find anything, so not to worry. Sunday, 11/8/09, I was having serious cramps when I went to the B/R, I saw blood and was a bit worried. Late the bleeding stopped. This morning 11/9, I decided to call my dr's offc and told them what happen. Before I went, I was having breakfast when the cramp started and gush of blood came down. I was bleeding and passing clots - I also have two fibroids and a cycst on my right ovaries, but I am not sure that was the problem.

The dr that saw me has only worked in the practice for 2 months and think I may have miscarried - I am really sad cause I want to believe that God is a God of miracles and he will turn this siutation around. They gave me prescrip for Methergine, but I told her I don't want to be too quick to take the med. We're waiting for the HCG and Beta test to see what the levels are. This is my husband and I first child and my husband is so quite that I don't what he's thinking. I am very worried - he does not show his emotions, but I can tell he's sad. What should I do. They said my HCG is not high enough, so they are waiting. What should I do? 8:O
Adira Osei
adiraosei
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby nicole729 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:01 pm

How far along do you think you are? I think I was only 7 wks on Nov. 9th after last USD. They say what they think is a FP but no heartbeat. I am still home waiting for anything to happen. I pray they are wrong. God Bless!
For you created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made: My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in the secret place. PSALMS 139: 13-16
nicole729
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby sweetgrl83 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:29 pm

cyndee1971
I was reading your post and was just wondering what has happened with your pregnancy.
I too was told that I have a tilted uterus and one week saw the baby and then a few weeks later NOTHING, only an empty sac. I am really hoping that my uterus has something to do with the baby not being seen.
I was told that I would be miscarrying anytime also but have yet to have ANY symptoms of it.

Patricia
sweetgrl83
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child
Next

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories