hope for all - this is my misdiagnosed story.

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

hope for all - this is my misdiagnosed story.

Postby finah » Mon May 11, 2009 8:19 am

I just received some good news today and i thought that i could share my story with all of you who needs faith and hope in their life.

I got pregnant last month and i couldn't be any happier. But at the same time, i had this fear inside of me that wouldn't go away. You see, i already have a healthy two year old son. And last year, i was suppose to have my second baby, but miscarried in 7 weeks, cause they couldn't find the baby's heartbeat. and i was already bleeding heavily, so i had to have a D&C done and i was DEVASTATED and AFRAID to have another baby cause i didn't want to go through all the trauma again.

So this year, in April, i received the news that i was pregnant again. but the happiness was short lived, cause when i went for my U/S (my doctor used a vaginal scan) on 30th April, my doctor couldn't find any [b]yolk or fetal pole or even an egg[/b] in my sac. And my sac was already 2cm and i was already 7 weeks pregnant!!! Imagine how bad i felt right there and then!

But i was lucky enough to have an understanding doctor... Instead of just sending me off for a D&C, he prescribed me some dydrogesterone (hormone pills) to stabilize my pregnancy. I was supposed to take them for 5 days, and then stop and had to come back on 11th May for another U/S.

The one week of waiting was like hell!! I kept praying to God, to please let my baby live. :H

So today, i had my second scan.... The tech used an ab scan instead. And Lo And Behold! They found my baby at 9 weeks 1 day with a VERY STRONG HEARTBEAT!!! E>

Even my doctor was as excited as i was! He kept saying "My goodness! The baby is healthy! Its a happy day today!!"

So there... There is hope. I went from an empty sac, to a 9 weeks healthy baby! Just a note to all of you out there... Wait it out and pray like there's no tomorrow.

P/S: I didn't have a tilted uterus or whatever. I had a NORMAL uterus, with NO INFECTION WHATSOEVER!!
finah
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby nenasangel » Mon May 11, 2009 11:15 am

That is a wonderful uplifting story. Here is a prayer I found for my daughter.

Pregnancy Prayer
Ezek 16:6 "Then I passed by and saw you kicking about in your blood, and as you lay there in your blood I said to you, "Live!"
Baby in the name of Jesus I prophecy the Word of God over your life by professing that you will live and not die and proclaim what the Lord has done (Psa 118:17). I come against the name of miscarriage and the symptoms of miscarriage and you must bow down and leave! I command every part of my body to function the way God created you to because you are fearfully and wonderfully made. That means every hormone is to get into balance and function perfectly not only during my pregnancy and delivery but for the rest of my life!
Jesus is the Word of God and I speak the life of Jesus into my womb, which says I will NOT miscarry. Right now according to Isaiah 53:4-5 I claim healing over any complication within my or my baby's body. Lord I thank you that you are restoring me to perfect health and healing me from all of my wounds (Jer 30:17).
Father I commit my baby and my pregnancy into your hands. I thank you according to your Word that you will take charge of the growth and development of my baby by knitting every part of them together without any defect or complication. I know that you will perfect that which concerns me and you will not forsake the work of your own hands because your mercy and loving-kindness endure forever.(Psa 38:8 AMP).
I take authority over fear and oppression for they are under my feet for I have been given a spirit of power a sound mind and self-control. I pray right now for your perfect peace to come upon me and to guard my heart and my mind in you. Lord I thank you for this miracle and for your Word because it says if I believe I will receive whatever I ask for in prayer(Mark 11:24).
Hoping & Praying
nenasangel
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Tue May 12, 2009 1:08 pm

Wonderful news!

So many women here have found their babies at nine weeks. I just really wish doctors wouldn't even suggest a blighted ovum until nine or ten weeks. I have a feeling a lot of babies would be saved if that were the case.

Congratulations!
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby shaya_xo » Sun May 17, 2009 9:46 pm

Your story gives me hope, my doctor has been tracking my hcg levels at 4 weeks and 6 weeks, when I was suppose to be 7 weeks(last friday) I had an ultrasound..they couldn't find anything but a sac..it measured 6 weeks and 4 days. No heartbeat. No baby.
I've been tearing apart the net all weekend trying to find hope.
I have to go back for another ultrasound in 10 days to check again. I've been a complete mess the past few days
I can't stand waiting.
This is my 3rd pregnancy I lost the last 2 to miscarriage. I am praying every spare moment for my baby to survive.

Congrats for you xoxo
shaya_xo
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

I love this story and the prayer

Postby honee808 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:13 am

everything about this gave me hope...i went for my u/s and they found a empty sac therefore stating that i miscarried my levels dropped from 32000 to 23000 in 4 days...4 days later i took a HPT and it came out positive im so confused...im supposed to go in for a dnc in 3 days...i want to ask for another blood test because they only did one of each thing and are immediately saying that i should have a dnc...it doesnt feel right...i said the prayer out loud and i know God heard me and im praying that he keeps our baby healthy and i thank you for giving me a shred of hope to hold on to...

:H prayer heals all things :H
*Prayer is the ultimate comfort*
honee808
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby momtobe » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:49 am

Shaya,

How are you now? Can you update us?

shaya_xo wrote:Your story gives me hope, my doctor has been tracking my hcg levels at 4 weeks and 6 weeks, when I was suppose to be 7 weeks(last friday) I had an ultrasound..they couldn't find anything but a sac..it measured 6 weeks and 4 days. No heartbeat. No baby.
I've been tearing apart the net all weekend trying to find hope.
I have to go back for another ultrasound in 10 days to check again. I've been a complete mess the past few days
I can't stand waiting.
This is my 3rd pregnancy I lost the last 2 to miscarriage. I am praying every spare moment for my baby to survive.

Congrats for you xoxo
momtobe
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: hope for all - this is my misdiagnosed story.

Postby kcsmity » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:51 pm

Thank you so much for sharing this story...this really gives me hope.

My story is similar to yours - ultrasound at 7 weeks shows no baby, just a sac. I have to go back in 2 weeks on July 26th. My fingers are crossed that everything works out :)

Please pray for me. Thank you.
kcsmity
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories