IVF but no baby at 6w4d

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

IVF but no baby at 6w4d

Postby Loopylou » Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:26 am

Here is my story,

Had my first IVF/ICSI in Jan this year got a positive on 7th Feb at 16dpt.

1st HCG at 16dpt 95
2nd HCG at 18dpt 228
3rd HCG at 23dpt 1320

Scan at 5w4d from Lmp gestational sac no yolk sac or fetal pole
Scan at 6w4d from Lmp Yolk and gestational sac no fetal pole or heartbeat

Told will probably go on to miscarry come back in a week to see if anything has changed but does not look good.

Scan today at 7w4d from Lmp baby with a heartbeat all looks well but I am probably more like 6-7 weeks.

This means my emby implanted late therefore It was simply too early to see.

Even with IVF when we know when the egg was fertilised we still have no idea when it implanted.

Would like to say a big thank you to this site you have kept me sane over the last week and made me not give up hope.

Love Louise xxx :biggrin:
Loopylou
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:50 am

Oh Louise, I am just so happy for you. This was a nice way to start off my morning. I just had a strong feeling that everything was normal for you. You looked normal for everything and they really had no business scaring you. I am still trying to figure out why some doctors do that. Some doctors will just schedule a follow up a couple weeks down the road, never say anything and the women never knows anything is amiss. I like that approach because if she is indeed going to miscarry, she has plenty of time to worry about it later and since there is such a good chance she is okay, why stress her. I know the stress is not good for the baby or the pregnancy.

Well, congratulations and God bless the both of you. I hope we get to see an ultrasound photo or even a baby photo after this little one makes his (or her) arrival into the world.

Kay :jive:
Kay

Postby Lovinmom » Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:46 pm

I am so excited for you! :cheer: What a relief. Please do keep us posted on your little one. We love to see pictures of those precious babies. You and your husband take care!

Lovinmom :heart:
Lovinmom

Postby Lovinmom » Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:46 pm

I am so excited for you! :cheer: What a relief. Please do keep us posted on your little one. We love to see pictures of those precious babies. You and your husband take care!

Lovinmom

Postby Bambi » Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:28 pm

I am so glad to hear that everything is good!! I hope you have a very good pregnancy!! :yay:

Bambi
Bambi
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Mom In Waiting » Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:39 pm

:thumbsup: Awesome news!! Hearing all these exciting stories sure does give us others hope to hang on to! Blessings to you and your new family!
Please do keep us posted. Cyndi :heart:
Angel Baby #1 6/00 (10wks)
Angel Baby #2 1/01 (12wks)
Birth of Samuel Lee 7/26/02!!!!
Angel#3 "Jeremy" 11/04 (17wks)
Alicia Kathryn Born 7/6/06!!!!!
Mom In Waiting

Postby BusyGirl775 » Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:35 pm

This is fantastic news! :thumbsup:
I am so happy for you. Keep us informed of how things progress.

Take care,
Judy :heart:
BusyGirl775
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Congratulations!

Postby mom2cam » Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:25 pm

Louise....thank you so much for posting your story. It has given me hope. I went in for my third u/s this past Friday (same day as you) and measured 6w3d. The fetal pole was present (hadn't been the week prior) but there was no heartbeat. Therefore, my RE has told me that I will likely m/c within two weeks. He offered me a D&C which I declined. I am still holding out hope that this will have a happy ending. I am so glad that it did for you. Wishing you a happy, healthy pg!

Lisa
mom2cam
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby trustinginjesus » Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:07 pm

I am in a very similare situation. I am 7 weeks from lmp. the first u/s showed only a sac last week on 3/9 on 3/16 it showed a small baby with no heartbeat. my hcg haven't been doubling, but i too am holding off on d&c..........these dr have no faith in anything it seems. i rather pass it naturally than get a d&c. the procedure just sounds like misery.
trustinginjesus
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Lovinmom » Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:38 am

Trusting,

You will be in our thoughts and prayers as you wait this out. A friend of mine was told that her baby had no heartbeat at 8 wks and then it showed a heartbeat at almost 10 wks. So nothing is impossible. We will be hoping and praying for a miracle. Continue to keep us posted how you are doing. I'm sorry you are having to go through this difficult diagnosis.

Lovinmom

Postby MsG » Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:17 pm

Louise you have given me so much hope!! I just got my 23DPO #s and thought they were very low. They are exactly 1320!!! Our numbers earlier are very similar too. Just slow growers I guess! Thanks so much for posting your story.
MsG
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Louise

Postby blessed4ever » Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:19 pm

Hi, I found your post and it sounds exactly like my situation
I went through Ivf also.
My HCG levels have been excellent so far.
My first scan was at 5.4 wks: sac only
second scan at 6.2 wks: again, nothing but sac, no yolk sac, nothingl
My next scan I will be 7.2 wks. I am hoping and praying that we will see something. THey told me that since it was an ivf, they KNOW for sure of my dates, so things dont look good. But your story has given me hope!!
blessed4ever
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby katielou2 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:26 pm

hi blessed4ever, I too am going thru the same thing. my 2nd scan at 6 wks 1d showed gest sac but no baby and i've been told hcg levels are low and i will miscarry. have another scan in 3 days and am desperately praying and hoping for some sign of my baby.
katielou2
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby lovingOne » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:09 am

[quote="Kay"] I am still trying to figure out why some doctors do that. Some doctors will just schedule a follow up a couple weeks down the road, never say anything and the women never knows anything is amiss. I like that approach because if she is indeed going to miscarry, she has plenty of time to worry about it later and since there is such a good chance she is okay, why stress her. I know the stress is not good for the baby or the pregnancy.

Kay :jive:[/quote]

ITA! MY OB did an transvaginal ultrasound on me on this past Friday and just saw the gestational sac with a little spot on the left (I didn't see it). He just told me to come back in 3 weeks. Based on the first date of my last cycle, I am suppose to be 6 weeks and 4 days pregnant. NOT! I conceived during the week of Dec 11th thru Dec 16th. How do I know...Glad you asked b/c it may be TMI (lol), but my hubby and I only had sex during that week.

I am new here and these posts have moved me to no end. I thank God for his blessings.

Katrina
lovingOne
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories