STILL PREGNANT AFTER MISDIAGNOSED D&C

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

STILL PREGNANT AFTER MISDIAGNOSED D&C

Postby carc324 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:48 pm

I found out I was pregnant in late March. Last Monday i had some spotting so I went to my OB. They did an ultrasound and took my HCG levels. Nothing was seen on the ultrasound and they told me it was normal since i was only 5 weeks 3 days. They called me the next day and told me that my levels were at 19,000..so a yolk sac and fetal pole should of been seen. They told me i needed to go in for a D&C because i was having a Molar Pregnancy. A molar pregnancy is when your hcg levels are way high but a "mole" forms instead of a baby. I asked them if they should do another ultrasound.."maybe you just missed it". They told me that it was absolutely an unhealthy pregnancy and the D&C needed to be done or the molar pregnancy would get worse. I went in for the D&C and got through that awful experience. I was sad and layed in bed for a few days. So yestarday they called me and told me to come back in. They said no tissue from the molar pregnancy was found and i needed another D&C. I was very angry and annoyed at this point so I decided to go to Brigham and Womens in boston instead of my OB office. After 3 hours of waiting they took my blood and did an ultrasound. The doctor looked at me and my boyfriend and said "You see that flicker? Thats your baby's heartbeat". We were in shock. From what they told me everything looks normal. I just have so much anxiety that something is going to be wrong with the baby since the d&c was done. Google is awful for me because it makes me feel worse..I found a story of this happening with failed abortions and the babies come out deformed. Major malpractice on the doctors part. I wonder if this has happened to anyone else and they never knew that they still had a baby inside. Its really scary to me, and I cant believe it survived. Just wanted to share my story in case this happens to anyone else..make sure you wait and get another ultrasound or second opinion!

God Bless,
Carly
carc324
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:07 pm

Yes, this has happened and babies have survived. You are at a greater risk for miscarriage so you probably really need to take it easy.

We've had several women here with similar stories:

http://www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com/ ... c.php?t=18
http://www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com/ ... hp?t=10236
http://www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com/ ... c.php?t=98
http://www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com/ ... c.php?t=43

Also women have won in court against doctors performing D&Cs too early.
http://www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com/ ... hp?t=13463
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby MilagroBaby » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:10 am

Hi Carly,

I cannot imagine how you must be feeling! Such relief and concern for your baby at the same time. If I were in your place I would request close monitoring of my baby. This might help reassure you that everything is progressing normally and your baby is developing beautifully. It seems that your baby has already overcome astounding obstacles! I pray that angels will protect you and your baby, and give you the grace to make it through the next 8 months. Please keep us updated!

Sarah
Sarah & Nick
Blessed mother & father of Elizabeth (10 months)
MilagroBaby
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

UPDATE

Postby carc324 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:58 pm

So far the baby is fine..im now 16 weeks..I hope this doesnt ever happen to anyone else because i worry and stress everyday that something is wrong!
carc324
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby april1979 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:36 am

I am so glad to hear that all is well! Please continue to keep us posted...and try to stop worrying about your pregnancy...once you get this far and all is well...it is VERY RARE for anything negative to happen...
april1979
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:43 am

I can imagine your worry but we've seen here that many babies are just fine despite having survived the D&C.

(((hugs))) to you and thank you so much for the update. I'll continue to keep praying for you.
my blighted ovum scare

If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Ella Nevaeh Shaw

Postby carc324 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:36 pm

I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl on November 23 2009. Crazy how everything worked out! God was watching over her :)
carc324
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby MITECA » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:47 am

that is so wonderful, congrats!!! :)8
Kelley~32 Antolin~40
***Ashleigh 1/6/98 ***
***Freddie 4/18/03***
***Christian 2/29/08***
Angel babies 11/95* 10/96* 2/97* 5/97* 07/03* 02/09* 06/09
Expecting 10/03/10
MITECA
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:54 pm

Congratulations! I am so glad you updated because I get emails from women wondering how the babies that survived the D&C are doing.

Yay! Thank you so much for sharing. I'll have to add this update to our Facebook page!
my blighted ovum scare

Kay

Postby aisha » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:23 am

WOW!! Its a wonderful story. Congrats on ur newborn. May God Bless Her.
aisha
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories