6 week baby but heartbeat at 75 (Bradycardia)

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

6 week baby but heartbeat at 75 (Bradycardia)

Postby Lily55 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:00 pm

Just wanted to share my story, as there doesn't seem to be too many like it.
On 2/27 I went in for a dating ultrasound. I usually ovulate a little late, so according to my LMP I'd have been 6wks 4days. At the ultrasound they saw a 6 week embyro with a heartbeat of only 75. I didn't find out until 5 days later that it was a bad thing. When my doctor told me I went home and searched everywhere- the heartbeat should've been around 120, but at least 100. I scheduled an u/s for exactly a week after the last- completely expecting no heartbeat at that point.
On 3/6 I went in for my 2nd ultrasound and instead of a 7wk baby, it was only measuring 6wks 4 days but the heartbeat went up to 115!
On 3/17 I went in for my 3rd ultrasound and again the baby which should've been measuring 8wks 5 days only measured 7wks 6 days but the heartbeat was up to 176!!!

I'm now 11 weeks along and we've even heard a nice fast heartbeat with the doppler last week.

I was just so down when I found out the heartbeat was oonly 75- everything I read indicated an impending miscarriage. After already having 3 I knew this was the end yet again.

Just don't give up hope- it's not over till it's over!
Lily,
Mommy to
William 11/17/2007
3 Angels 6/06, 10/06 & 12/08
and the little baby that could Due 10/09
Lily55
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby nenasangel » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:12 pm

That's wonderful. I will keep you and family in prayers.
Hoping & Praying
nenasangel
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:51 pm

Wonderful news! Those heartbeats can start out slow. I am so glad you shared your story. Women are often worried when they are told the heartbeat is slow.
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby Kindy » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:55 pm

Your post is just what I needed to read today!
My first u/s yesterday at 7w3d showed me measuring 6w2d with an erratic heartbeat of 94. My followup u/s is in a week, but I'm praying for increased growth and a stronger heartbeat.
We know I had really late implantation based on how low my hcg #s were, but my betas did double fine.
Just praying it's due to late implantation and not anything else!
Thank you for sharing your story!!
Kindy
me- 39, dh-36
ds, 3 years old from ivf #1
3 fets and 5 ivfs later: we have had three chem pgs, m/c 8w3d (edd 11/30/09), and m/c 8w4d (edd 3/3/11)
Kindy
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Lily55 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:17 pm

Kindy wrote:Your post is just what I needed to read today!
My first u/s yesterday at 7w3d showed me measuring 6w2d with an erratic heartbeat of 94. My followup u/s is in a week, but I'm praying for increased growth and a stronger heartbeat.
We know I had really late implantation based on how low my hcg #s were, but my betas did double fine.
Just praying it's due to late implantation and not anything else!
Thank you for sharing your story!!

I'm glad it helped! I definately wanted to share because I know I appreciated the good stories I heard too! (googling was BAD!!!)

Just wanted to update- I went in for my first trimester screening with my perinatologist and baby is growing wonderfully. Measuring 12 wk 6 days with a heartbeat of of 148! Everything looked perfect.
If you are going through something similar, just know that THERE IS HOPE!!!
Lily,
Mommy to
William 11/17/2007
Lily55
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:44 pm

I love reading updates! Thank you so much for letting us know how everything is going :)8
my blighted ovum scare

If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby omommawrites » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:10 pm

Thank you for posting this, it gives me a tiny bit of hope when I can't find any positive news anywhere else!

I went for my u/s today to check my dates, as I did not know when I ovulated and conceived and I knew I couldn't be as far along as my last missed period based on my implantation bleeding.

Anyway, we start the ultrasound and there are TWO sacs. It was twins and they think of of them passed away already. There was still one baby left but it was measuring at 5-6 weeks when I thought I should be 7-8 weeks. And, the heartbeat was only 67 bpm and the doctor fears I will miscarry very soon since it is so low. I have a follow up u/s in a little over a week so I pray that we'll know either way by that point. I'm glad yours beat the odds and is growing strong!

Keep us updated!
Leah
omommawrites
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby desperatlyhoping » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:27 pm

congrats lily :)O

leah will be keeping keeping you in prayers :H keep us posted god bless!!
Linda - 32 yrs old
mom to a cat and 2 dogs praying for one thats not 4 legged or covered in fur love my "babies" though
unexplained recurrent prenancy loss
5 miscarriages 9/01-5/03-10/03-12/03-5/05
1 ectopic 4/09 - 5/09
desperatlyhoping
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kindy » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:39 pm

Leah, praying that you get great news at your next u/s.

I'm sad to share that my baby did not make it.
Our followup u/s with our RE at 8w3d on 4/23 showed only 1 day of growth from 6w2d to 6w3d from the previous u/s and the heartbeat was even lower and could not be picked up on the doppler though you could see a faint, intermittent flicker.
I had a 3rd u/s on 4/24 at my OB's office and the heartbeat had stopped. I opted to have a d&c this past Tuesday. We are heartbroken, but hopeful for our next try with a Frozen Embryo Transfer in June/July sometime. We have two embryos leftover from this past cycle. Praying for a different outcome this time.
Thanks again for sharing ladies, it's so helpful to see others going thru similar situations (especially with happy outcomes). Wishing you all healthy pregnancies and deliveries!!
Kindy
me- 39, dh-36
ds, 3 years old from ivf #1
3 fets and 5 ivfs later: we have had three chem pgs, m/c 8w3d (edd 11/30/09), and m/c 8w4d (edd 3/3/11)
Kindy
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby omommawrites » Fri May 01, 2009 10:20 am

Thanks for the prayers ladies!

Kindy, sorry to hear about your baby. I imagine it's a very heartbreaking place to be, though I've only been close to that realization. Sending prayers your way as well!

Leah
omommawrites
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby april1979 » Thu May 28, 2009 11:51 am

I am so glad that all turned out well...

There are many cases where a later implantation occurs and that can really throw your dates off and there fore measure smaller and behind what they expect you to be. I hate that there are so many DRs that are willing to doom a pregnancy so early...(((HUGS))))
april1979
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Lily55 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:48 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss Kindy!

We're still going strong here.. I'll be 23 weeks soon and found out we're having another boy- I'm sooooo excited!
At my 20 week ultrasound the baby's heart was checked 3x just to make sure it was just a slow starter and had no issues and I'm happy to say it looks absolutely perfect!
Lily,
Mommy to
William 11/17/2007
Lily55
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby DMickey28 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:34 pm

Thank you for posting this.

I went for my first U/S on Tuesday, August 4th. I was 6weeks based on my ovulation date (I chart) and the baby measured 6w1d with a heartbeat of 90. The doctor gave me a 50/50 chance of seeing a stronger beat and baby next Friday. There isn't much out there of a heartbeat in that range. Everything is either much lower or above 100. We are very hopeful but ready for the worst. The good news is I still have my PG symptoms.
DMickey28
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Lily55 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:41 pm

It's been a while but I'm back with an update!

My little boy was born at 41 weeks on Oct 23rd. I can't say my healthy little boy as he was born with a birth defect and had surgery to fix it at just 1 day old but he's doing SO well and is home with us now. Basically he had 2 issues- 1. his esophagus came to a dead end so it wasn't connected to his stomach. 2. His windpipe was connected to his stomach (EA/TEF).

He also has 2 minor heart issues which should resolve themselves but he's here and that's all that matters! :)
Lily,
Mommy to
William 11/17/2007
Lily55
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:45 pm

Oh Lily, thank you so much for the update. I am sorry to hear your little guy has had these issues but that usually means they also have some pretty big blessings attached as well. Congratulations. Sniff... I love these happy updates.
my blighted ovum scare

Kay

Re: 6 week baby but heartbeat at 75 (Bradycardia)

Postby JenJen0904 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:18 pm

You give me so much hope!! I'm having the same thing happen with me and my baby. I was told that the heart beat won't be there next week, :( My husband and I have little to no hope because of what I was told. Seening that You went though the same thing and HAVE A HEALTHY LITTLE BABY, make me have so much hope. thank you soo much for posting I know it meant a lot to me. thank you! god bless!
JenJen0904
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: 6 week baby but heartbeat at 75 (Bradycardia)

Postby Pinky » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:47 pm

Thank you for posting. I have the same scenario and I am very sad and anxious today knowing that my fetus have a low heartbeat. My next appointment is on tuesday and I am praying for a miracle.
Pinky
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories