After stopping progesterone, how long till M/C occurs?

Postby tiffyiffy » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:49 pm

Donna,

I am so sorry to hear all this is going on. I know all this isn't fair.......yeah its hard to tell what your levels were doing since it had been awhile since you had them drawn last. But at this point in your pregnancy (at 10weeks) your levels would be peaking and not doubling anymore....they would stay about the same or could even go down a bit........How long has it been since your last U/S?????? Before you make any decision about the D&C I would ask for another U/S, okay (it will give you the answers you need)! I know it's hard *HUGS* :(O Please keep me updated on how you are doing and any new news! I will be thinking and praying for you! :H

In regards to how I am doing......some days are better than others....I am still very sad and angry and sometimes have outbursts or get angry with my husband over stupid stuff because I am just so frustrated with life right now.......But the bleeding as slowed down alot and I think it will end soon I hope, otherwise I will have to go back to see my doc. The doc says everything looks good and my body seems to be doing what it is supposed to do and my levels keep dropping well. So that is a good sign, we see the doc next month. My husband is doing well with all this because he positive and says he knows we will get our wish soon (I hope he is right)......I really don't think I could go through this more than once, I think I would have to commit myself to a psych ward! All the emotions I feel are sometimes so overwhelming and they just sneak up on you when you least expect it.....anything that reminds me of being pregnant or having a baby makes me sad and often loose it. :*( I hope things get better quick, at least I know I can get PG and this sad life experience has brought my husband and I closer, so that is a good thing too, I just wish carrying a healthy pregnancy could have done the same, but it just wasn'[t meant to be this time I guess. :*(

I hope and hope things go well for you!!!!!!!! Let me know!!!!! :H

-Tiff-
tiffyiffy
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby ddonnas21 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:21 am

Tiff--

You are so right about the emotions sneaking up on you when you least expect it! One of my employees is pregnant and I got the email about the baby shower on Thursday. I had to leave my desk and just take a break for fear of breaking down. Some days are just harder than others! And that's funny because I told my Mom the same thing that she would be visiting me in the psych ward instead of the maternity ward the way things are going. I am just so tired. I don't think I have been this physically and emotionally tired since my DD went through chemo for leukemia when she was little.

Scheduling called me at 9 am this morning and set up a conference call with the Dr on Monday at 1:30. So I am going to ask for more b/w to see if my levels are going down or up and also see if we need to do an u/s to see if anything has changed. My last u/s was on Dec 30th at 8 wks. I really don't want to do the d&c for several reasons but if my body is not going to do this on its own I don't see much of a choice that I have. I still have all my "normal" pg symptoms like with my DD so I know that my hormones are still kickin. This just sucks! 8:O 8:O

I am glad that your hormone levels are going down and your bleeding is also slowing! B) B) That means that you can try again sooner. I know it seems terrible to be happy about trying again after you just lost a baby but we have to find happiness somewhere, right?

Donna
ddonnas21
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Waiting to M/C or faulty equipment??

Postby Hoping4Baby » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:17 pm

Hi Donna, I was reading the stories on this board because I am going through a similar experience.

I am 38 and have been through 3 rounds of IVF treatments and finally had a success this last time around. I went in for my first US on Dec 22 which then I was 6 weeks 3 days. My blood work was fine and the fetus measured 6 weeks 1 day and we saw and heard the heartbeat. My husband and I were so excited our prayers were finally answered!!

The holidays came and went and I was extra careful to take it easy. I went in for my second US on Jan 6 and was shocked when the technician told us the fetus was only measuring at 6 weeks 6 days, which I was 8 weeks 1 day. Also, the heartbeat was just a flicker on the screen and could not be heard this time. We were so upset but got the call that my blood work came back just fine!

I go in this Monday (tomorrow) for another US to see what's happening. I have hardly spotted and when I do it is a light brown, some days a light pink but nothing heavy. The only pregnancy symptoms I had are sore boobs and light nausea - nothing severe. My sisters and mom hardly had any symptoms either. Since I am an IVF patient, I am still taking Estrace pills and Progesterone shots. I am just puzzled since if I were to lose the baby, why am I not feeling anything?

We are praying that Monday everything will be fine and the heartbeat will show stronger and see growth. Maybe the equipment was doing something screwy?? We were at a different office this last time. Monday I return to the office where we had our first US visit. I do believe in miracles. I'll be praying for you as well.

Thanks for listening and sharing any input.
TM
Hoping4Baby
Hoping4Baby
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby ddonnas21 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:11 pm

Hi Hoping--

We are just over a week apart. I also had a scan on Dec 22nd but my dating by LMP was 7 wks 3 days and after having seen the baby and h/b the week before on Dec 15th was diagnosed with fetal demise. I had another scan done in office by a NP (not a tech but then all of my scans have been done by NPs on the same machine on wheels) and she didn't even use gel on the wand on Dec 30th (8 wks 4 days) and even though she was able to measure and show a little growth on the sac and fetal pole there was no heartbeat and so the diagnosis was confirmed. She only looked for about 3 minutes and that was after commenting on how tilted my uterus was and how hard it was to get a good picture. I think once they have made the decision on your miscarriage diagnosis that they are not going to spend much time on you because we had to beg for that u/s!

I have heard that IVF babies can have slower growth in the 1st trimester and also that a tilted uterus can show you as behind as well. I have pretty much accepted my diagnosis but every once in a while that little sliver of hope creeps in since I KNOW my uterus is very tilted and even with my DD doppler didn't work until later in my pg. Plus having no spotting, bleeding, or any type of miscarriage symptoms helps add to that "what if". We have male factor as our only issue but we cannot afford IVF even though medicated IUI is not cheap we can do several IUI attempts in what one IVF attempt would cost us (no insurance for fertility treatments). I can't even imagine how devestating it must be to have this happen with IVF and it not even be your first IVF attempt!

I am sooo sorry that you are going through this. I will be :H for you to have a great scan tomorrow and that you will see growth and your little bean's h/b will be strong! Please update us tomorrow after your scan!

Donna
ddonnas21
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Update

Postby Hoping4Baby » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:46 pm

Thanks Donna,

I went to the doctor this morning for a followup U/S and sadly there was no longer a heartbeat. My doctor recommends I do the D&C on Wednesday. After talking it over to my husband, we decided to move forward with that option. We are so sad but have hope since we still have some frozen embryos left for our next transfer. Now we just want to get this behind us so we can start planning for then.

I hope your appointment went well today. Thanks for the prayers and support.
Hoping4Baby
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby ddonnas21 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:12 pm

Oh Hoping I am so sorry! I wish it had turned out differently. But as long as you are comfortable with your decision then you have to do what is best for you. I am glad that you have some frozen left over to do another cycle and I will pray that your little babe will be with you soon.

I talked with the Dr today and he wants me to do another hcg and u/s just to see if my levels are increasing or decreasing and to see if the sacs are shrinking or just hanging around. So I will go in again this week and possibly make a decision as to what we are going to do as we want to get past this and move forward as soon as possible, too.
ddonnas21
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby tiffyiffy » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:15 pm

Donna, I am still praying for you and your baby! If I was invited to a baby shower now, or even knew one of my close friends were PG I think I would LOSE it, I mean really LOSE it! I don't even want to be around kids right now...I know that sounds aweful but that is how I feel. I definitely am a little happy that everything is coming to and end, but sad as well too cus it means I am no longer PG! :*( My husband feels the same and I think we will start trying right away again.....part of me wants to wait thought until I am done with my master's but that won't be for a few years and I don't know if I can wait that long to ttc again. To have this blessing taken away soo quickly kills me...and selfishly I want it back right now! (is that wrong of me to think like that)? I really do feel like this was the right time for us to get PG and it was meant to be, I just think something went unexpectedly wrong.....so I still feel like this is our time to keep trying. I dunno though maybe it is all the emotions.......

Keep updating me Donna, thinking of you everyday :H

Hoping,

So sorry you are going through this, but we are all going through similar things and are here for you to talk to or just vent, cry....anything! Keep updating as well!

:H praying for miracles,

-Tiff-
tiffyiffy
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby ddonnas21 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:29 pm

Well I had my appt today and the scan showed both sacs still there but now they are both very empty. One has flattened out pretty good but the other is still nice and big and round. :( The only good news I got was that my hcg has dropped a good bit since Friday's draw so they are hopeful that means something will start happening soon. I have another scan and b/w appt scheduled for next Thursday and if nothing has happened by then and everything still looks the same on the scan then I will have the d&c on Friday. Next Thursday I will be going on 13 wks and 6 weeks since my baby stopped growing.

What an ordeal! 8:O
ddonnas21
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby tiffyiffy » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:47 pm

Oh Donna I am so truely sorry. My heart aches for you now as well. :*( I am here for you to talk too anytime! :)

Please continue to let me know how you are doing!

Thinking of you and your family,

-Tiff-
tiffyiffy
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby ddonnas21 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:18 pm

Thanks Tiff. I knew in my heart that the Dr was right I just couldn't help but hope that maybe I would get a miracle and they would have been wrong. Now I am praying for my body to get its act together and take care of this naturally so that I don't have to go through the d&c next week. I am so ready to try again as I am so tired of waiting. I cried several times at work today and the only reason I can come up with is that my hormones are now dropping so I am hoping that they are dropping faster now and are causing me to mood swing just like they did on the way up. Did you notice anything like that before yours happened?

Donna
ddonnas21
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby tiffyiffy » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:00 pm

Oh I know Donna, today I had a bad day to, felt a little emotional and overwhelmed.

The fact that your hormones are now dropping is good (well not good because you want to be PG of course!), so maybe you will be able to let this happen naturally. Once I found out mine had dropped I started spotting and cramping a few days later. :*(

As far as the mood swings....I definitely was moody and emotional before it started, but that could have just been because I was upset to begin with about the whole situation. However, once my levels started dropping way down I started to feel dizzy and lightheaded (not because I was loosing a lot of blood) but the doctor said that could definitely be a side effect from my levels dropping so fast (felt kind of like my sugar would be dropping or low, but felt a little worse).

Just definitely try to rest as much as possible, I think that is the main reason I didn't bleed too heavy or have bad cramping because I just layed around the house for a week before it started and then the whole first week it began. Lay around and rent FUNNY movies, that is what my husband and I did and it helped ALOT as I was going throught the miscarriage.

Take care of yourself and I am ALWAYS here for you! :)

-Tiff- :H
tiffyiffy
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby ddonnas21 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:35 pm

Hey Tiff how are you doing? I am still waiting. 8:O

These mood swings are TERRIBLE! :(T But so far that is the only real symptom/sign that I have of what's to come. I have noticed an increase in discharge but it is not brown or anything so I am not putting much stock into that. So I am still on the rollercoaster ride and I wanna get off!

How are you doing? Have you stopped from yours yet? I am hoping that you get your first AF on time so you can start trying again when you are ready. Is your Dr still monitoring your hcg to see if they are getting close to that <5 that they consider to be not pg?

Donna
ddonnas21
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby tiffyiffy » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:53 pm

Donna,

I am doing okay. Still lightly bleeding and spotting....but nothing bad it's slowed down a lot. Dr. hasn't checked my levels in a week, but said they were falling quickly which is good......they should be low now....I see him in 2weeks and I am sure he will check my hcg again at that time, because by then I am hoping everything will be over so we can start ttc ASAP!

I hope the rollercoaster ends for you soon.....did you say before that you scheduled a D&C also just in case, if so for when, so I can pray for you! :) :H

praying and hoping things get easier for the both of us!

-Tiff-
tiffyiffy
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby ddonnas21 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:33 pm

No I don't have one scheduled just planning on doing it on Friday if nothing had happened. I had bad cramps again last night for about 30 min and then around lunch time today I had some bright red blood but not much. However that is my first "real" indication that things may be happening soon. Plus all day today my back has hurt and I have just felt blah. So maybe that d&c won't be necessary after all. :H :H

I am so glad to hear that you are almost over and getting back to "normal". I will let you know how things progress. Please keep me updated as to how things continue to go for you.

Donna
ddonnas21
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby ddonnas21 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:40 pm

Tiff I think I now get to move out of the waiting to miscarry board! After that one red spot yesterday I started brown spotting which was almost too heavy to be called spotting and now today I am bleeding quite hard and I feel like I have been hit by a truck! I have not passed anything that resembles the sacs yet but then I don't know if I will since they were empty and one was pretty collapsed last week. So far this is just like one of my REALLY bad periods and I sure hope that will be all it is. Except my calf muscles hurt which is ODD! I am just praying that it will all pass and I won't need the d&c on Friday after all!

Have you decided yet how long you are going to wait before trying again? I know we won't be able to do a medicated IUI until probably April since he wanted 2 to 3 cycles or sooner with natural m/c B) but we have decided not to prevent once I stop bleeding from the m/c. I have heard too many stories of success for those who lost a baby getting a sticky pg right after and I don't want to miss that chance!

Here is to us having a WONDERFUL 2009!

Donna
ddonnas21
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby tiffyiffy » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:10 pm

Donna,

Sending a million hugs and prayers your way, for a speedy recovery.

Mine was never bad and the cramping was never unbearable...however I am still spotting and passing a tiny bit of tissue every now and then....wish it would stop. I think that is the only downfall if you have a heavy period like miscarriage with mild cramping...it possibly takes longer to pass everything than if you have the severe cramping and heavy heavy bleeding instead. Dunno though just taking a guess.

I have also posted in the grief and coping after a loss forum, if you would like to join there...everyone is wonderful! I hope to be joining the TTC forum soon though we want to try again ASAP once the doc gives the okay....I have definitely heard that some women get PG right after a m/c so I don't want to miss out on the chance to get PG again either, but I also don't want it to happen too soon.

Anyways, I am here for you to talk to anytime.....you can PM me on here or email me at tiff_sunflower@hotmail.com! I hope 2009 gets better for the both of us!!!!

praying for you recovery :H

:)O -Tiff-
tiffyiffy
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby tiffyiffy » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:37 pm

Donna, just wanted to check and see how you are doing?
tiffyiffy
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby ddonnas21 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:44 pm

Tiff--

That ended up being my m/c on 1/20/09 and fortunately it was complete and my bleeding stopped within a week. I had brown spotting off and on for another week and that was it. I had a hcg done on 2/5/09 and it was 5 so they are considering it negative! B) :)8 B) :)8

I met with the RE on 2/5 as well and he wants me to have two periods before doing another medicated cycle but they are going to do b/w and a scan on CD 1 of my next cycle to check my lining and ovaries. We are not preventing and it will be a miracle if we get pg on our own after all this time but I have read so many stories of women who are super fertile after m/c and get pg immediately so why not? I have been tracking my temps and I don't think I have Oed het but I am only on CD 18 counting from 1/20/09.

How are things going with you? Are you back to normal yet?

Donna
m/c twins 1/20/09
ddonnas21
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby tiffyiffy » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:59 am

Hey Donna, I am happy everything ended pretty quick for you! :)8

I wish you the best of luck in trying again and we will be joining you soon! I wanted to check and see how you are doing....

My miscarriage lasted 3 weeks...then spotting and it stopped a little over a week ago, but I started bleeding real heavy on Saturday. I called my doc office and the nurse said she really thinks it just my period, but I have been having some pain on my right side, nothing bad but I am going in tomorrow at 1:15pm to see the doctor. But they seem to think it's my first period after the miscarriage............It just seems so soon and I haven't had like any relief from all this......I feel like a bleeding machine :O

However, I am being positive because having my period now would mean my cycles are going back to normal and the sooner that happens the sooner we can ttc again.

Glad to hear you are doing okay.....keep in touch, either on here in the ttc boards or through email! :)

Thinking of you and wishing you the best!

-Tiff-
tiffyiffy
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child
Next

Return to Waiting to Miscarry