Mistakenly told at 8 weeks to expect miscarriage.

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Mistakenly told at 8 weeks to expect miscarriage.

Postby Isabel » Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:35 am

Hi guys,

I just want to let you all know my story before tomorrow. My husband and I got married almost 4 years ago and were keen to have kids straight away, when I was diagnoised with have PCOS. That wasn't too bad because I managed to get pregnant using Metformin and we have a beautiful baby girl who is 13 months old now.

I decided that because it took a while the first time, that we wouldn't wait around the second time and I became pregnant but had a miscarriage last December. I am now pregnant again but I went for an 8 weeks scan 2 weeks ago and the Midwife told me not to get too excited. She said that although there was a heartbeat there that the feotus didn't seem to be developing at all. She told me that I would probably miscarry within the next two weeks.

I was obviously very upset and have spent the last two weeks running to the loo every few minutes to check if I was bleeding and every little pain I get in my tummy I've been thinkning to myself....this is it starting. But so far so good, nothing has happened yet.

I'm back into the hospital tomorrow for another scan to see how things are going and I am just so nervous, this site has given me the hope that maybe all will be well, but hopefully tomorrow I will know one way or the other. The waiting and not knowing is just so difficult.

I'll let you all know how I get on tomorrow.
:shrug:
Isabel
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Bambi » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:41 am

Issy,
I'll pray that everything goes good tomorrow and baby is developing normally. Please let us know! :smile:

Bambi
Bambi

Isabella born 10/05/05

Her first tooth popped through on Mothers Day!! :D
Bambi
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Jdudra1818 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:53 pm

I hope everything gose well for you sometimes Dr just say things with out even thinking I know mine dose well I hope for the beast for you and you family and my prayers r with you
God bless Im sure you will go in and every thing will be fine and then that Dr will stand there looking dum!
Jdudra1818
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby melpointy » Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:08 pm

I am praying they are wrong and the baby is just fine. Hang in there. :alright:

Mel
melpointy
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Isabel » Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:53 am

Great news everyone, I'm just back from my scan and all is fine. Baba is perfect. They have put me back a week and a half so I am only 8 weeks 2 days now, but she said that everything was developing perfectly. The longest two weeks of my life are over and all the worry was for nothing. If it wasn't for this website, I would have totally lost my mind.

Thanks
Isabel
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Bambi » Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:49 am

Isabel,
I am so glad to hear that! Congrats!!!! :yay:

Bambi
Bambi

Isabella born 10/05/05

Her first tooth popped through on Mothers Day!! :D
Bambi
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Tania3910 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:19 pm

I have just seen your post, and I cant believe what they told you how insensitive, I wonder what made them think that the fetus wasnt developing correctly. Wow that makes me mad. Did you have your HCG levels checked??? what were they????
Tania3910
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories