what do I do? Some advice please. UPDATE: MISDIAGNOSED

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

what do I do? Some advice please. UPDATE: MISDIAGNOSED

Postby jenstarr75 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:11 pm

Hi this is my story :(
I am 33 and have 4 kids
a 14 year old boy
a 12 year old girl
a 2 year old boy
and a 6 month old boy

lmp 07/04/08
+ pregnancy test aug 8th
have had morning sickness and just not feeling well
according to my calculations due date is april 10 2009

on aug 20th had stomach pains thought I had a bladder infection went to emergency room they did u/s and I was thinking I was 6 weeks and 5 days preg but they said that I was 5 weeks and 4 days. But they also said that I could be having an ectopic preg and that I needed to get checked by my dr on the 22nd but I seen the gestational sac in the uterus and everything they gave me a print out to give to my dr and it said that I had an implantation hemmorrage so I contacted my dr he did hcg levels and they were 11,000 so on aug 26th I went to my dr for an repeat u/s to look at the hemmorrage and he tells me that I am measuring at 6 weeks ( but by date I should be 7 weeks 4 days) but I only have a gestational sac and it is empty he can not see anything in it although he did see a shadow he thought but nothing eles and that I need a d & c cause I have a blighted ovum? I told him I wanted to wait till next week and see what the u/s says then decide. But I don't know what to do. Do I have a d & c if they don't see anything next week or should I just wait? This is killing me.

I am scared and I feel horrible and guilty when I found out I was preg this time I was devestated since I have a 6 month old and I was supposed to go in to get my tubes tied soon but I kept putting off the appointment. I cried for 2 days then something clicked and I got happy to have another baby and now the possibility that I might loose him/or her is awful. :( :( :(

UPDATE: cheering Today I went to the Dr had the u/s done and to the drs surprise there was the baby!!!! heartbeat 143 and just wonderful. cheering The dr was really shocked cause he said that last week with my levels as high as they were he should of seen something so he honestly thought that it was a blighted ovum. According to my lmp i should be 8 weeks 4 days but on the u/s the baby was measuring 6 weeks and the sack was measuring 8 so they said I am about 7 weeks 4 days? just wanted to let ya know my news... Thanks to you all!! big hug big hug big hug
jenstarr75
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Timewilltell » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:18 pm

I am so sorry you are going through this. Do NOT feel guilty about not being immediately excited about something that was unexpected. Children are a big change to our lives, and so of course it takes a little bit to become adjusted to the idea.

If you have any doubt (which you do), please hold off on anything permanent. You will always wonder if that tiny shadow was your baby, and you will always regret the decision. I know next week is a long way aways, and what you're going through is so hard. I hope you'll have more answers next week. Are they repeating your hcg testing?
Timewilltell
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby jenstarr75 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:34 am

No they are not repeating the testing should I ask my dr to? This is just so hard I am not sure what to do never going thru anything like this before. My husband and I have decided not to do anything surgical wise unless my body starts the whole process ya know.
jenstarr75
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Timewilltell » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:20 pm

Regarding the hcg: one number really doesn't mean a whole lot, but if your number is going up (doubling every 96 hrs or so) that's usually good, while a number that goes down is almost always indicative of impending m/c. Hcg testing is its own hell, where you wait for the results, and hope and pray it will be X number. U/s is much more definative. I will keep praying for you that that little shadow is your baby.
Timewilltell
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories