This was my original post in Introduce Yourself
I have been lurking on this site for a little over week now. This is going to be a long post so I hope I don't lose anyone. I'll start by introducing myself and telling you a little about me. I am 35, DH is 29. We have been married for almost 3 yrs. I have PCOS and Insulin Resistance. I have been seeing a RE for over 5 yrs. I have no children and neither does DH. In March I switched RE's due to many factors. I am going through what appears to be loss number 5. I had an early m/c in Aug 03, an ectopic in Jan 04, a loss at 7w2d Aug 04 and another ectopic in Nov 04. The new RE ran some RPL studies and found out that I tested positive for the MTHFR gene. He started me on high dose Folic Acid and Lovenox if I were to get pg. I had my IUI on Apr 24 and tested positive on May 5. My betas started out very low (13 at 11 dpo) but continued to double properly so I was started on the Lovenox. I had an u/s at 5w1d due to previous ectopics and the sac was een in the proper place. I spotted a little after that u/s but figured that it was due to the u/s as I have read that sometimes happens. Well, it happened 2 days later and it worried me due to my history. Then on 5/22, I had a sudden gush of blood but no cramping. Once I wiped a couple of times, it was gone and never happened again. I was so worried so they moved my u/s to 5/23, 2 days earlier than regularly scheduled. I was 6w1d. The u/s showed a small fetal pole and the dr said to come back on Friday 5/27. When he did the u/s on Friday there was nothing in the sac, nada, zip. He decided to have me return today, 5/31 to repeat the u/s. Well, today there was definately something there but no cardiac activity, I am 7w2d. He said that if I don't choose to have the D&C, if I don't pass it within 2 weeks that I will have to return and have the D&C due to the risks. He told me to stop the Lovenox and progesterone suppositories. For some reason I am scared to do so. The nurse and I talked briefly about having a D&C. She said I could go ahead and schedule the D&C and have another u/s before we do it. I am so hestitant to do it for so many reasons. I do want to do it so that he can test the baby for chromosonal issues. My last D&C was absolutely horrible. The dr didn't get the embryo and didn't tell me. I also had retained placenta. Two days after the D&C, I had contractions for 5 hrs and passed the baby the next morning. I had horrible cramping and bled heavily for 3 weeks straight. The RE has not said anything in regards to having a tilted uterus but the old RE said something like my uterus goes up and down. I am pretty overweight.
The stories here want to make me have some hope, but I don't want to get my hopes up to only have them crushed once again. Is my situation hopeless or should I hold out a little longer? My fear of stopping the meds is that that may cause the baby to die if there still is a chance.
UPDATED: I scheduled a D&C for Tuesday June 6. I told the nurse that I wanted another u/s before the procedure, so they decided I would have one on Monday and then have the pre-op physical. The dr started doing the u/s and said things were starting to fall apart already and that things were definately getting bigger in there. I thought I seen something flickering when he was moving it around and then all of the sudden he found it and shouted "there it is". The whole room burst into relief! I should have been 8w1d at this time and the u/s measured at 6w6d. I am not out of the woods yet and the dr still seems concerned. I return on Monday the 13 for another u/s and then I will be released to the Maternal-Fetal specialist.
This site helped me get through those tough days and put a little hope into my heart! :thumbsup: In the past, things never worked out for the best but I am extremely thankful that it did this time!
Miracles can and do happen, especially when we least expect it! :pray: