Hello, newbie here, looking for advice UPDATE: Misdiagnosed

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Hello, newbie here, looking for advice UPDATE: Misdiagnosed

Postby maxi2011 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:56 pm

Hello there,

I have just been reading some of your stories and am so glad I am not alone.

Ok where to start...

I had a scan today thinking I was 6 weeks +4. The scan was an internal one. Basically the scanner (I'm not up on the terms i'm afraid!) was concerned that although the scan showed a yolk sac, gest sac it only showed a tiny fetal pole of 1.8mm and no heartbeat. Basically she said with those sizes I am more likely to be 5 and a half weeks. Which I dont think fits in with my dates at all. We have another scan booked for next week, but they are already talking like the baby has died and I have had a missed miscarriage :(

Not sure what to think, I have spent most of the day crying, then I get my hopes up reading others stories, then I think I am giving myself false hope...

My dates, if anyone can make sense of them are

LMP 28/04 cycle usually 28 days
Pos pregnancy test 28/05
Scan date showing growth of only 5.5 weeks 13/06

Could it be possible that the fetus is still alive and growing, or does it look like the hospital are correct in thinking it died last week and I am waiting to miscarry.

Thank you all for reading,

Kindest regards and best of health to all
Max
maxi2011
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby maxi2011 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:58 pm

sorry I meant to add, she also said I have a tilted uterus if this makes any difference...
maxi2011
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby CINC » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:42 pm

it's certainly possible that everything is OK. you could have ovulated or implanted a little later than you think. Ultrasounds can also be inaccurate by a week or more this early on. A tilted uterus can certainly make things harder to see as well. Is your next scan booked at least 7 days from the last? I know its hard to wait but the longer it is between scans the more likely you are to see dramatic changes. I really think you have every reason to hope! Please keep us updated
Nicole
~I can do all things through Him that strengthens me.~
Mom to Elijah Samuel 1/3/03 & Isaac Kallel 9/23/06
CINC
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby maxi2011 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:17 am

Hi Nicole,

Thanks for your reply.

So far so good, every finger crossed here LOL!

Yes, my next scan is booked for 7 days after, so will be this coming Friday, 2 days down and 5 to go in what seems like one of the longest weeks of my life.

I am so glad I found this site, it really has given me some confidence.

I shall keep you all updated, hoping and hoping for a positive outcome not only for myself, but so I can give some hope to any ladies that may be in a similar situation.

Take care all
Max x
maxi2011
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Timewilltell » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:12 am

Max,

I too am waiting for next u/s to hopefully see heartbeat. I am measuring 3 mm. I scheduled mine 9 days out, just to give baby a chance to grow. I'll be praying for you for this Friday. It helped me to hope to just see growth at the next ultrasound, rather than expect everything, like the HB. It sounds like its early. Have they checked your HCG levels at all?
Timewilltell
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby maxi2011 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:19 am

Hi Timewilltell,

I just happened to be browsing this minute!

Thank you for your prayers :)

I too am hoping just to see some growth, am hoping to see anything positive.

My HCG levels havent been checked at all? In fact that hasnt even been discussed :( Where are the majority of you guys? I keep seeing posts mentioning HCG levels and testing and thought maybe thats because you are in the US and the UK doesnt do that?

Friday is nearly here, I have tried to be positive all week, and continue as normal, but I have had a sad day today with a few tears thinking of what may be. I'm out with a friend tomorrow, so that will help pass the time, then am in 9.15 on Friday, so fingers crossed.

I'll be sure to keep you updated.

Hugs to all those who need them.

Max xx
maxi2011
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby maxi2011 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:20 am

Sorry I meant to ask when you're next u/s is?

My brain is all over the place!

Praying for the best for you too xx
maxi2011
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Timewilltell » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:39 am

Yes, I'm in the US. It seems standard here they check one's HCG levels every 48 hrs to see that they're rising normally as the pg develops. While it's helpful, the testing is its own kind of hell, as you wait nearly a day for the result and pray and pray the number will be good. I'm glad your ultrasound is coming soon. Try to have a really empty bladder so the tech can get a good look. My next one isn't until next Thurs, and I am okay with that- I want the baby to have a chance to grow more.
This site has really helped me, especially the misdiagnosed section, find a story fast- all positive stories, which I have really relied on. Please keep us updated and I'll keep praying for you.
Timewilltell
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby maxi2011 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:16 pm

Silly question... I think I am trying to take my mind off things and keep lighthearted...

what does DH stand for? In UK we say OH for other half, am trying to think what DH stands for?

Dearest Husband?
Dynamic Husband ;) !
erm
Doting Husband/Half?
erm
David Hasselhoff?

nope thats me run out of ideas already lol

sorry for trying to crack (very poor!) jokes at such a serious time, its the way I deal with it, you gotta laugh, else you'll cry :)

xx
maxi2011
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Timewilltell » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:42 pm

I couldn't figure it out either. A couple of days ago I had to look it up on a common abbreviations post here. Dear/Dearest Husband.

DH might mean David Hasselhoff in Germany, where I hear he's popular.

Take care.
Timewilltell
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby thebrg » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:18 pm

DH can also mean "Dumb Husband" if he is misbehaving!!!
Rachel - 30 DH - 43
currently in beta and US hell
US #1 small empty sac 5w6d
US #2 heartbeat, but sac is still too small
US #3 heartbeat, but sac still too small
thebrg
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby maxi2011 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:20 pm

haha!

Maybe thats why we stick with 'other' half, it can mean a multitude of things!!
maxi2011
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby maxi2011 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:26 am

wonderful news :)8

we have a 6.3mm, 6 week 3 day baby, with a super visible heartbeat!!

So basically my dates are 1 week and 1 day out. My LMP date is correct so I must have ovulated very late.

I really really hope that anyone else who is given negative news because their dates are a week or so out keep hope at this early stage and hang on in there with positive thought :)

keeping my fingers crossed for Thursday timewilltell :)

Thank you for the support all, I'll be sure to keep posting, this site is a brilliant way of providing hope and support to anyone who is going through a horrible worrying time.

xx
maxi2011
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby CINC » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:34 pm

Congratulations!!!!!!!
Nicole
~I can do all things through Him that strengthens me.~
Mom to Elijah Samuel 1/3/03 & Isaac Kallel 9/23/06
CINC
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Timewilltell » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:42 pm

Max,

I am beyond words happy for you. Look how much your baby has grown, he/she just needed more time. I know what you've been going through with the stress and the worry. Although I wouldn't wish this stress and worry on anyone, it sure makes you feel grateful for what you have, when things turn out so well, like in your case.
Congrats and I'll keep praying that you have a happy, healthy pg. If it's a boy you'll have to name him David after David Hasselhoff. Take care and may God continue to bless you.
Timewilltell
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby kiropa » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:39 pm

oh such great news!!!!! i am so happy for you. Here's to a happy and healthy 9 months! Try to enjoy every single second!!!!!!
Kim
kiropa
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby maxi2011 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:27 am

Thank you so much Kim xx

Did you get on ok at your scan? I really hope so :H
maxi2011
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby kiropa » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:38 am

thank you for the much-appreciated well-wishes. yes, we got pretty good news too. i posted an update in my thread. thanks!!!!!!!
kim
kiropa
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:27 am

How very exciting!!! Yay!!!

Y'know, there is just as good a chance, you did not ovulate late. Women with a tilted uterus often look one to two weeks behind even when they couldn't possibly be.

I am just so happy for you!
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories