Saw heartbeat, no heartbeat, heartbeat found again!

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Saw heartbeat, no heartbeat, heartbeat found again!

Postby Kay » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:26 am

I asked permission to share Rose's story with you. I received it via email this week:

----------------------------------
I have a wonderful story to share with you. My wife and I found out we were pregnant the day after Mother's Day after going through our 3rd round of invitro fertilization. On May 27, we went for our first sonogram and saw our baby's heartbeat. Our fertilization doctor released my wife to the care of her OBGYN. On 6/2, she went for another sonogram with her OBGYN and after two doctors looked at the sonogram, she was told there was no longer a heartbeat and they scheduled her for a D&C for 6/4.

We came home obviously very upset. There were no signs of a miscarriage. I spoke with my sister-in-law who advised she knew two people that were told there baby had no heart beat, and went for another opinion and were told there was nothing wrong. I came home and found your website on the Internet and after a restless night sleep, called the Invitro doctor and made an appointment for another sonogram. I was in the room while the sonogram was taking place and before the doctor could even say anything, I saw that heart beating as strong as ever. He then confirmed what I saw!!! No problems. Seven weeks and two day old fetus with a strong heart beat!! You have an incredible website that gave us hope and it came true. Please let everyone know. GET THE 2ND, 3RD, 4TH OPINION. We could have killed our perfectly healthy fetus. Thank you!!!
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

So happy for you!

Postby michelemomof3 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:21 pm

That is great news! I am so happy for you and your wife. I pray that you have a great 9 months celebrating the life God has given to you - a sweet and precious gift.
michelemomof3
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Saw heartbeat, no heartbeat, heartbeat found again!

Postby wjknigh » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:28 pm

Seeing this story lifts my spirit! My husband & I had our first child 21 months ago, although she was born at a gestational age of 23 weeks she did not make it! We were heartbroken but knew The Lord would bless us woth another child soon! About a month ago my husband and I found out we were expecting again and were overly delighted! We knew this pregnancy was from The Lord because our church had prayed for us as well as some retreats we have been to. At 6 weeks I started bleeding heavily with blood clots and all; needless to say I was a bit scared but knew this had happened with my first at 10 week and she was fine; so I called the Dr and made an appointment for the following Tuesday with blood work and a sonogram. We got to see the yolk sac and the fetus with a strong heartbeat of 172!! We were overjoyed and the Dr gave me some restrictions from work, so I returned to work and carried on with the Dr's request in mind. Because of my previous pregnancy the Dr wanted to watch me closely so I had an appointment for the following Tuesday BUT on Monday morning I woke up with a gush of blood with blood clots again.......I called into work and waited for the Drs office to open so I could call and make an appointment, after calling they told me to come on in so we could check everything out (I wasn't worried because although there was blood clots I did not cramp once!) when I got to the Drs office they did an internal sonogram and said there was some hemmoraging but the babys heartbeat was still over 170! The Dr then put me on bedrest and told me to take it easy and come back in a week. I went to the Dr Monday and on the sonogram they could not find a heartbeat but my husband and I could tell the fetus had grown, the Dr asked us what we would like to do and we decided on waiting it out since I have not cramped or bled in a week! We go back Wednesday for another sonogram and I can do no other than hope for the best! Has anyone had anything similar, if so how did it turn out?
wjknigh
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories