Only days before scheduled D&C, baby found!

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Postby believingGod » Mon May 19, 2008 10:24 am

I am so thankful for your post. I lost a baby at 5.5 months in December, and I felt that God was promising us a baby in April. I did get pregnant in April, and I have been telling everyone my testimony of how God fulfilled His promise. Well, we went to the doctor Thursday (May 15), and she said it looked like I was 4.5 weeks, when I was supposed to be 6.5 weeks. My hormone level was 13,000, so she said that it was a blighted ovum--we should have been seeing a fetal pole and heartbeat at that hormone level--if it had been lower, she would have just assumed our dates were off. I have had many friends praying in faith for a miracle to heal this baby, and I have believing God for His promise--that He would not promise me this baby just for it to die! Today, she ran another hormone level, and it was 33,000 (which she said it should have been in the 50,000s). So, in her mind I need to have a D&C or take the pill by the end of the month if I haven't miscarried naturally. I am still holding onto my faith, but I was encouraged by your story, hoping that my hormone levels were not an indication that things were on their way out. Please continue to share your story since we have such similar situations.
believingGod
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Mon May 19, 2008 4:37 pm

BelievingGod,

Your numbers are doubling perfectly. They often slow to 96 hours or more after they reach 6,000 and yours are doubling even more quickly than that (71 hours)!

Shame on your doctor for diagnosing you so early especially since many women look one to two weeks behind in the first trimester (very normal especially if you have a tilted uterus) and numbers are often much higher than the standard 8,000 before seeing the baby. My numbers were really, really high before we saw my daughter.

Hang in there. I'm not saying this won't end in miscarriage but you are just too early to know and WAY too early to diagnose with a blighted ovum.
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby nurseervin » Mon May 19, 2008 11:19 pm

Hi BelievingGod,
Please keep the faith. Believe in God's report and he will do exactly what he said he will do. I was 7weeks and 6 days when they finally saw "Bunny". I am hoping for the best. I went in for my monthly visit today and the baby was growing well and doing fine. I will keep you in my prayers. I don't know how this will turn out but I do know that God's word never returns to him void. I have learned to not keep God confined in a box because he can do the impossible.
--Stay encouraged
Angela
nurseervin
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Fresh hope. . .

Postby believingGod » Tue May 20, 2008 6:52 am

Thanks for the encouragement--we are keeping the faith. I was encouraged to read about the tilted uterus, because I do have a tilted uterus (confirmed with my last pregnancy) but we were able to see everything on time then so I wasn't aware of the possibility (even though the outcome later was not good). We are just praying that we see something May 30, otherwise I know that she'll seriously recommend some action (we are moving back to the States from Germany on June 10, so she wants to take care of things before the long plane ride). As the last pregnancy was determined a "one-time" incident, we weren't expecting another situation :) Thanks to your posts I have a fresh renewal of hope. . .and I can feel people's prayers! I cling to Romans 4:18-21 "Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him, 'so shall your offspring be.' Without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was as good as dead--since he was about a hundred years old--and Sarah's womb was also dead. Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully pursuaded that God had power to do what He had promised." I am resolved to believe until I start bleeding, etc. (if that happens) no matter what the evidence is right now. Thanks!
believingGod
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby believingGod » Wed May 28, 2008 11:07 am

Thanks for the encouragement--no miscarriage yet, and my belly seems to be growing. I'm hoping my body doesn't just think I am still pregnant, but I do believe that everything is going to be okay. "walk by faith, and not by sight" right? We are scheduled to have an ultrasound Friday at 10:30, and we're praying that it will be so clear to the doctor that everything is normal--that she'll have no doubt in her mind that everything is right on time. She has reserved operating room time for a D&C on Tuesday, so we are hoping this ultrasound proves that unnecessary. I am strong in my faith but still really nervous about Friday--maybe in a good way, too? hoping for a big surprise. . . :)
How about you, Angela? any updates? Karen, I am so sorry you lost another baby in January--there is a wonderful book I can recommend that helped me a lot if you are interested--In a Heartbeat--by Dawn Waltman--her emotions and prayers for you are unbelievably touching in a way that no other book did for me. Miscarriages are such a different kind of grief, because a lot of it is in your mind and heart--the hopes and dreams and expectations, and then wondering when you'll get pregnant again. Even though sometimes we don't recognize it, we're sheltered in His care--He's our help in trouble--God and I have been through some dark days with some major losses, but I can testify that when I was looking for Him I could see how He took care of me. I'm not trying to preach, but just to encourage you that He is there carrying you on His back--you don't even have to muster the strength to hold on; you can just lay there and let Him carry you. . .

Rachelle
believingGod
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby believingGod » Fri May 30, 2008 8:31 am

I'll have to move my posts to my own story--but today the doctor found a perfectly formed baby and strong heartbeat--she said there was no explanation but for a miracle! So, keep having hope, and I too, now discourage people from taking any action unless they are having signs of an infection after being diagnosed with a blighted ovum. The doctor was stunned and couldn't believe what she was seeing based on my HCG being 16,000 when she couldn't see an embryo or heartbeat. So, we are thanking God today. I know not everyone may have a happy outcome like we did, but I encourage you to let nature take its course unless it is a misdiagnosed miscarriage.
rachelle
believingGod
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby charlenes1 » Sat May 31, 2008 2:01 pm

Rachelle~ what a sweet story. I have been truly encouraged and feel blessed by reading your posts. I am right now 7wks. pregnant after 3 miscarriages in a row and daily my faith is being tested. God is faithful in so many ways to give us hope and your story is a sweet story of hope!
Thank you for the unexpected blessing~
Charlene :)O<
For this child I prayed; and the Lord hath given me my petition which I asked of Him.
1 Samuel 1:27
charlenes1
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby lost angel » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:46 pm

I am so happy to hear your news!! I pray that youhave a boring and uneventful pregnancy!!

Take care, keep us posted.

Karen
Karen, 42!, mum to 5 amazing kids!
Megan, 22, Jennifer 18, Matthew 9, Katerina 4, Nathaniel 2.
Precious Angel Baby's August 2005, & January 2008
lost angel
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:33 pm

Rachelle,

Hope you don't mind that I took this from the other post. Your story is worth a post of its own in this forum.

I am so happy you found your baby. It is so frustrating that doctors are not more willing to wait out the diagnosis and push D&Cs. I am so glad you hung in there and waited.

Yay!!!

:P :)8 :P
my blighted ovum scare

If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

latest update. . .

Postby believingGod » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:44 pm

we were seen this past Monday before we flew back to America, and the doctor said everything still looks perfect! So, be encouraged, and wait things out if you are diagnosed with a blighted ovum or they recommend terminating your pregnancy.
rachelle
believingGod
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Lovinmom » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:12 pm

Congratulations on finding your baby! I am so happy for you. By waiting this out, you taught your doctor a valuable lesson that no textbook could ever teach. That some times hcg levels and ultrasounds are not always indicator of pregnancy. They are not the sole determination of life! Only by testing out the diagnosis can one truly be sure that a pregnancy is viable or not.

I wish you well with your pregnancy.

Lovinmom E>
3 angel babies in Christ's loving arms/ one possible misdiagnosis
47 yr. mom to boy twins 5 yrs., dd 18 yr. and 9 yr. Baby Michael Josiah born 6/23/08
This post for educational purpose. For diagnosis, treatment, and advice, consult a doctor.
Lovinmom

Postby keerthy » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:10 pm

Congratulations Rachel!!!!
I am in a similar situation ... hope things workout for me tooo!!!
keerthy
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

CONGRATS

Postby chrissy24 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:31 pm

I am so happy for you. It gives some of us immense hope when we really need it to hear stories like this one. Thank you and God Bless!!
chrissy24
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby tryingfor3 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:19 pm

YAY! I was minutes from surgery yesterday when I got the news about my u/s that I demanded be done before the procedure. I'm measuring a week and a half behind, too, but there was a heartbeat! God is good! We're both so blessed! Miracles do happen!
tryingfor3
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby sandymr21 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:02 pm

Well my doctor is having me wait and go back each week for b/w; however, my HGC levels dropped in half since last week. I do know now what this probably means although I hold on to the hope that I may have a mircale as well...thanks for your story!
SadSand
sandymr21
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby believingGod » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:15 pm

Wow--I am so happy for all of you--yes, hang on to your hope, and God is good! I went to the doctor Friday at 14 weeks, and there was still a heartbeat, so I'm feeling relieved to have made it through the first trimester. We're hoping for twins, and even though there was no evidence of them at the beginning, my husband and I both thought we heard 2 separate fetal heartbeats Friday. We'll see in a few weeks with an actual ultrasound. . .:)
Sandymr21 I am sorry you are having to live day to day/hour by hour right now--that waiting time a tough place to be. Please let us know what happens. . .
rachelle
believingGod
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Latest Update. . .

Postby believingGod » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:50 pm

We went to the doctor last week--everything still seems to be okay. I am now almost 19 weeks. We'll have our next detailed ultrasound Sept. 2 (we haven't had one since 10 weeks so I'm very excited!). Hopefully we'll see twins! I'll let you know, though. . .

I do have different emotions--we had our last ultrasound with my first pregnancy at 18 weeks, and everything was great--it was at 22 weeks when we found out she had died. I'm not worried about this one, because I know her scenario is so rare, but it is a funny feeling right now--Sept. 2 will be a relief to get through :)
believingGod
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:13 pm

You've got me praying for you. Everything will be just fine. Just relax and enjoy knowing you'll soon get to see your little one(s)!
my blighted ovum scare

Kay

blog, if you're interested

Postby believingGod » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:51 am

I have started a blog of our story in hopes that it will encourage someone as well. I hope to get caught up by Tuesday so all the gaps will be filled in :)

if you're interested

http://rachellebelievinggod.blogspot.com/
believingGod
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

It's a Girl!

Postby believingGod » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:47 pm

The ultrasound technician today believes it's a girl, but it was hard to tell. (no twins seen, but still believing for someday). We were relieved that everything looks healthy and right on schedule! Our due date is still January 15.

Thanks for your prayers!
believingGod
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child
Next

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories