Don't Give Up Hope

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Don't Give Up Hope

Postby kelsey177 » Tue May 27, 2008 3:52 pm

Hi ladies, I just wanted to share my story with everyone. One week ago I was diagnosed with a blighted ovum. My doctor said she was just not seeing what she needed to see. I was supposed to be 6 1/2 weeks at the time. A week later I went back, and she saw the fetus as well as the heartbeat. I also have a tilted uterus, which I know can make things more difficult to see. My point here though is that every pregnancy is different. You might have ovulated later than you originally thought, so you may not see the baby right away. I know the waiting can be the worst part, especially if your doctor is not optimistic. Just don't ever give up hope.
kelsey177
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby ARTENZ » Thu May 29, 2008 1:27 pm

Thank you for your story. I am so glad everything worked out for you!!!!
ARTENZ
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby mizzprissi6 » Thu May 29, 2008 1:48 pm

Thank you for your post. I was also about 6 1/2 weeks when i went in a little over a week ago. We saw a gestational sac w/ 2 yolk sacs, and no babies! She said possibly blighted ovum :( I go back next week for a FU and Im praying we'll see something also:) Thanks for the positive story :) Congrats!
mizzprissi6
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Fri May 30, 2008 12:10 am

Congratulations to you.

Yes, sometimes women ovulate later but another concern we've stumbled across here...the first trimester vaginal ultrasound really is not very accurate in many women. Doctors need to just stop scaring women.

I'm so glad you found your little one :)
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories