Told I had a miscarriage

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Told I had a miscarriage

Postby AspensMommi » Wed May 14, 2008 2:15 am

The end of April 2007 I found out via HPT that I was pregnant. After having had a miscarriage 6 weeks before I can even begin to explain how excited and worried I was to be pregnant again.

Like every person who suffers a miscarriage the next time you get pregnant it is hard. You worry every moment that it is going to happen to you again... that maybe you are unlucky enough not to be able to conceive children. Well imagine my shock (and overwhelming sadness) when a week after my BFP I started gushing bright red blood.

Rushing to the hospital I prayed and pleaded with God for it to please not be happening again. I made every single promise I could and swore to live my life better and start going to church.

After 6 hours of waiting in the waiting room at out local hospital I finally got checked out. By ultrasound they guess me to be about 5w6d. There was a sac but no fetal pole. The doctors checked my levels which came back at 32000 and told me to expect a miscarriage since the heart should of been beating by then. They also worried that maybe it was a blighted ovum since my levels were so high.

I went home defeated. Lost. Sad. Lonely. I couldn't believe that it was happening to me again. I hated going to the bathroom and seeing all that red blood that just kept coming and coming... seeing the blood clots and knowing that I was about to loose another one.

Well, two days later my doctor sent me to get a repeat ultrasound to see if I had miscarried or if I was going to need a D&C. I cried the whole time in the waiting room and felt sick as I started to get onto the table to looked at. The tech rubbed the gel on my stomach (seeing no reason to do it internally for a lost pregnancy) and started moving the wand around on my stomach. I couldn't even look at the screen... I couldn't imagine seeing a little stationary bean or having them say that nothing was there at all anymore. After a couple of minutes the tech excused herself and went to get the doctor who came into the room and looked at the screen. After a couple of minutes of silence he said, "well I don't believe it... there is your baby right there and it has a heartbeat of 95!".

I immediatly looked at the screen not even daring to believe that it was true. But it was! There was my little bean with a beautiful little flicker for a heart and I just started bawling again. The doctor warned me that 95 was a little low and to not expect too much since we were still in the danger zone (which I didn't since hey I wasn't going to celebrate until I was holding that baby in my arms).

I continued to bleed for 5 weeks everyday with bright red blood and some clots. Then at 10 (almost 11) weeks it stopped and I got to listen to the heartbeat by doppler the first time that week and my baby had a heartrate of 173! I bought a doppler of my very own a couple days later so that I could listen to its heartbeat whenever I felt down or worried.

Believe me when I say that thing saved my life. I was a nervous nelly the whole pregnancy! But I can say that at 38 weeks while taking a nap my water broke and I ended up delivering my daughter (at the same hospital that said I miscarried) within 12 hours only having to push for 20 minutes!

My daughter (who is 4 1/2 months old now) is my miracle baby. I just want to give all of the ladies out there who have been told they were having a miscarriage and are scared to have hope and a little faith. I know how hard it is but sometimes everything does work out.
AspensMommi
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Wed May 14, 2008 10:43 am

Boy, does that sound so familiar. I went through the same thing at 12 and 17 weeks. I ended up bleeding or spotting pretty much the entire second trimester. I know with my second, I go the doppler and, after what I went through with my first, it really did provide a lot of comfort for me.

Congratulations on your miracle baby!!!
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby AspensMommi » Wed May 14, 2008 1:32 pm

Congrats on yours too! Dopplers make everything so much easier! :)
AspensMommi
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby leopardgrrl23 » Thu May 15, 2008 9:42 am

What a beautiful story! I am SO happy for you and your miracle baby. That just made me cry (raging pregnancy hormones kicking!) soo much! I'm off to get a tissue. Thanks for sharing!
-Jess
leopardgrrl23
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby kayeinaz » Wed May 21, 2008 4:02 am

I am in happy tears!! What a beautiful story! Your baby girl is such a miracle and I am so happy for you. Thank you for sharing such a wonderful story. I am very sure it will help ease a lot of women's minds and give them a glitter of hope when it is so desparatly needed!! B) B) B) E> E> :)8 :)8 :P :P :P :P :)O :)O :)O :)O :) :) :) 8)O 8)O 8)O :)8 :P :)O
kayeinaz
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby TjsMommy » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:03 am

Congrats on your little miracle, This story really inspired me because i too am having heavy bleeding, i went to my doctors because i had spotted twice in one week then i started bleeding a week later and he told me i was pregnant but wasnt sure what was going on with my pregnancy so ordered some hcg and progestrone tests and ive been going through an emotional rollercoaster waiting for my results. i dont even know how far along i am but it couldnt be more than 4 or 5 weeks. ive been bleeding for a week and your story as well as others is helping me keep my sanity until my appointment. :H
TjsMommy
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby AlexisCraw » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:30 pm

OMG I so happy n thankful to God for you and your miracle baby! I'm praying for mi mircale also! May God continue to bless you and your little one!!!!!!!!!!!
-LexiTrustsGod-
AlexisCraw
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Told I had a miscarriage

Postby aylamarie70 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:41 pm

i just read this stoy and have been going through the same thing no crampin but lots of bleeding and foung out yesterday at 5w6d that i had been hemorrhaging inside so im praying like mad that my baby will be ok. we never planned a baby but the thought oflosing someone that my body was creating instantly made me want this baby more than anything ive wanted in my whole life so thankyou so much for sharing your story and all these stories on this site infact are giving me hope everyday. i go next week for another check up and ill be seven weeks and im praying super hard that a miracle will be formed adn there will be no more hemorrhaging. but i just wanted to thankyou because it gives me a type of easse to know that im not the only one that has to go through this.
aylamarie70
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories