Not Exactly What I Expected UPDATE: HEARTBEAT FOUND

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Not Exactly What I Expected UPDATE: HEARTBEAT FOUND

Postby Mrs.Rhone » Mon May 05, 2008 9:45 pm

March 1st was the last time I had a period so by the date I should be 9 weeks. I had an ultrasound on Thursday and they said I am pregnant and there is a sac but they couldn't find the heartbeat. She I looked around 5 weeks and 6 days. She said I could miscarry or it might just be to early to find the heartbeat. I have a tilted uterus so I dont know if that is an issue. I have been having all the pregnancy symptoms. I am scheduled for an ultrasound tomorrow so please wish me luck. I hope they find my babys heartbeat. I will be 6 weeks and 4 days tomorrow. Has any one had the same issue?
Mrs.Rhone

You can call me Antoinette
Mrs.Rhone
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby reyzak » Mon May 05, 2008 10:20 pm

I am in EXACTLY the same boat as you (literally, my LMP was 3/1, too). U/S on Friday showed fetal pole measuring 6w1d and according to LMP I should have been 8w6d. I have another u/s this Thursday to see if there are any changes because they couldn't find a hb last Friday. Please let me know how it goes for you.

By the way, I asked the nurse to check my hcg levels and she said it wouldn't do any good!!!!!

My doc isn't being very positive. She thinks the baby died three weeks ago. She's already scheduled me for a d&c. How about "glass half full" and maybe I'm just not as far along as I thought?
Jodi
Isabella 8/17/04
EDD 12/6/08
reyzak
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby reyzak » Mon May 05, 2008 10:21 pm

By the way, my story is just two down from your post...
Jodi
Isabella 8/17/04
EDD 12/6/08
reyzak
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

dont get the d/c

Postby Mrs.Rhone » Mon May 05, 2008 11:41 pm

They told me I could have ovulated longer so that could be the case. I dont think you should get the d/c... I dont exactly know what that is... but isn't it when they like abort it or something? I will keep you updated.
Mrs.Rhone

Mrs.Rhone
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby reyzak » Tue May 06, 2008 11:10 am

Yes, the d&c would basically end the pregnancy and I'm not ready to do that until I'm absolutely sure (especially after finding miracle stories on this site).

My doc is planning for the worst while my nurse practitioner is saying "you may just be earlier than expected". Unless Thursday's u/s is conclusive, I'm planning on getting a 2nd opinion, especially since my doc's office is so flippant about checking hcg levels at a time like this.

Please let me know how your situation progresses. Hopefully we can help each other through this.
Jodi
Isabella 8/17/04
EDD 12/6/08
reyzak
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Mrs.Rhone » Tue May 06, 2008 12:08 pm

Yeah definitely wait it out.... I have never been in this situation before and I hate waiting. I just want to make sure my baby has an heart beat and is OK. Well I will be back on tonight and let you know what happened.
Mrs.Rhone

Mrs.Rhone
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Mrs.Rhone » Tue May 06, 2008 8:41 pm

I got my ultrasound today and seen my babys heartbeat. I am 6 weeks and 4 days they said.
Mrs.Rhone

Mrs.Rhone
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby reyzak » Tue May 06, 2008 9:53 pm

So you are 3 weeks earlier than you thought. Boy I hope that's the case with me too.

I'll know more Thursday.

I'm happy for you. Hugs :)8
Jodi
Isabella 8/17/04
EDD 12/6/08
reyzak
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Mrs.Rhone » Tue May 06, 2008 10:13 pm

Thank you and I hope you see your lil ones heartbeat on thursday. I think it will be fine. Don't stress to much.
Mrs.Rhone

Mrs.Rhone
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby suzeq1964 » Wed May 07, 2008 3:28 pm

Hey ladies, I am in the same boat....LMP was march 9. Measured yesterday at 6wks1d should have been 8wks2d. No heart beat. I believe I have a tilted uterus, just never thought it mattered! I am going in friday for another u/s and possible d&c if nothing changes. Could it be tilted uterus that causes mismeasurement and not seeing HB? I have heard rumors. I don';t want to d&c if that is a possiblitity!
this just sucks! I am 43, so this is our miracle pregnancy!
my prayers go out to you.......
Let Go, Let God
suzeq1964
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Mrs.Rhone » Wed May 07, 2008 7:15 pm

Having a tilted uterus could have something to do with it. When I went yesterday they said it can be hard to find what you are looking for. I hope everything goes well on Friday and they find a lil heart beating E>
Mrs.Rhone

Mrs.Rhone
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby reyzak » Wed May 07, 2008 7:37 pm

My mom volunteers at a hospital in the perinatal unit. She asked the u/s tech and doc about my situation. The tech said there are times you can't see the hb until as late as 12 or even 15 weeks. The doc said that's why he doesn't even do u/s that early (and he's a perinatal doc!!!!!!!). It truly makes me wonder about my doc....
Jodi
Isabella 8/17/04
EDD 12/6/08
reyzak
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby suzeq1964 » Wed May 07, 2008 9:40 pm

thank you ladies. Makes me feel not so alone. I thought the torture of "waiting" for the miscarriage to happen would be the worst, but thinking that I D&C for no reason is far worse! I have decided to wait on that......a few more weeks will make me 100% sure.....
I hope it all works out for you too....

:)O

Suzette
Let Go, Let God
suzeq1964
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Wed May 07, 2008 10:06 pm

Congratulations on that heartbeat!!! I hope you don't mind if I copy this post to the misdiagnosed forum. I know you were not given a definite diagnosis but so many women go through similar situations and you'll give them hope.

Keep us updated and congratulations again!

:)8 :P :)8
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby debjpini » Wed May 14, 2008 12:22 pm

Were any of you spotting? I have the same happening (last period March 4). Ultrasound Monday put me at 5 wks 2 days when I was really almost 10 wks. D & C scheduled for Tuesday until Doctor got my blood work back...showed my hcg at 15,000. D & C canceled and next ultrasound scheduled for Monday 5/19. I am also spotting, but still hopeful. Doctor thinks we should see some sign - heartbeat or growth - by Monday.
debjpini
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby reyzak » Wed May 14, 2008 8:24 pm

I was not spotting at all. I had my d&c Monday and turns out it was a good thing. My doc removed twice as much as is typical for a d&c. Apparently my body was holding on to it and building up more and more blood over the last 4-5 weeks. Who knows what it would have looked like if I had waited to m/c.
Jodi
Isabella 8/17/04
EDD 12/6/08
reyzak
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

7wks 3days by LMP and NO Heartbeat

Postby Praying4aMiracle » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:58 pm

I too have a similar situation. By my LMP today I should be 7wks 5days pregnant. I had my HCG levels checked at 4wks and the first day HCG was 68 and Progesterone was 11.5 and 48 hours later HCG was 179 so they more than doubled. I also have been taking 200mg of progesterone a night.

I went this past Tuesday for my first full prenatal appt which according to my LMP I was 7wks and 3days. So my dr did a vaginal ultrasound (he does U.S. every visit and vaginal ones up until the 12th week), anyway he found the sacs and then found the peanut sized baby but said he didn't think he could see a heartbeat. A couple of times he thought he may have seen it and even had me hold my breath to make sure wasn't my pulse but said if what he saw was the baby's heartbeat then it was slow. He said by the ultrasound the baby measured 6wks and 5days. THEN he comes back in the room and says he wants me to come back in 3 days which is tomorrow and do another ultrasound. He says if he doesn't see a heartbeat then we need to discuss option of a D&C. But now after reading on here and alot of other sites I don't want to jump into a D&C. I had D&C 10 yrs ago for a blighted ovum and just don't want to go that route again. After reading everyone's stories on here I'm beginning to have a little more hope and faith that our story will have a happy ending. I have a 14yr old daughter and was told then I had a tilted uterus and hoping that is the reason for not seeing HB. Also I take heart medication for my heart condition that also lowers blood pressure so maybe it just lowered my baby's blood pressure enough that it makes it harder to see the tiny heart beating on the U.S. machine so early.

I pray to God that he will bless us with a healthy strong heart beating baby :H
Praying4aMiracle
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories