High risk preg. 6wk no fhb **update**(X2)

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

High risk preg. 6wk no fhb **update**(X2)

Postby Mystimay » Mon May 05, 2008 9:41 pm

Ok, long back story short, I am 6 wks 3 days preggo. I have had two live births and two mc's. It was determined I have low progesterone levels. So, I am on progesterone every evening (Gross) and aspirin too.

Ok, so today, I am in the doc's office for an ultrasound, vaginal of course, on this machine that no kidding you is on wheels. So, he quickly does the u/s and says there is no hb. but you can definately see that there is a sac, but the pictures is so blurry and stuff it's hard to really determine.
Doc tells me not to get my hopes up. (Um)....... I wonder if he lacks bedside manner?! I have no current signs of m/c Idk what's going on.

So .. I hear man women say that they didn't this early and a baby was fine. I am hoping that my HCG Quan comes back higher on Thursday then today, and perhaps I am not as far as I though, (I had originally thought I O'd like 4 days late, which if that were the case I wouldn't even be 6 weeks yet).

Prayers for our sweet and long awaited bean.
Last edited by Mystimay on Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mysti
Mommy to two, and 10 1/2 wks preggo with a long awaited three, high risk preg. EDD Dec 26!!!

Two previous m/c's Aug 03, Jan 07
Mystimay
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby jchouses » Sun May 11, 2008 10:41 am

How are you doing?
-Judy

Babies in heaven (Natali 6/98, Faustina 2/2008)
2 daughters in my physical presence
(Valentina 5 & Angeles 2 1/2)
jchouses
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Sun May 11, 2008 11:33 am

Women should decline ultrasounds given by physicians. They lack the proper training of a certified technician and frequently make mistakes. You are too early and I would find a new doctor.
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby Mystimay » Mon May 12, 2008 10:55 am

I am doing ok. I had HCG taken Monday (last monday) and I was ay 7000+ Then Thursdays were 12000, nearly 13.

Obviously going up. He has another ultrasound for today.

Interesting what you say Kay about the physican not being trained. He only looked for a few seconds. I was disappointed, b/c of that, in addition to his bedside manner. I could try to find a new physician, we'll have to see, he helped with my infertility, and seems to be the best out of the many I have been to while in pursuit of my PCOS Dx.

I have another ultrasound in a few hours to check again, from my LMP I would be 7wks3days.
However, I think I am more like 6 weeks 5 days, maybe 6 days. we'll see, I am going to talk to him about that today.

I will come back and post later :)
Mysti
Mommy to two, and 10 1/2 wks preggo with a long awaited three, high risk preg. EDD Dec 26!!!

Mystimay
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Mystimay » Mon May 12, 2008 4:53 pm

We saw a heart beat.

All is ok at this point :)

Still not out of the fog, still high risk, but a beating hearts give me a 70 - 90% chance of viability.
Mysti

Mystimay
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Mystimay » Thu May 29, 2008 12:57 am

Another update for all of you!

I am at 9 weeks 6 days tomorrow (+-3).

I had an ultrasound again on Tuesday! the little bean is HUGE easily doubled in size (I think more), and the heartbeat is still there. I measured right at 9 weeks and 1 day (which completely verifies my original thoughts that I O'd 3 days late! Which would make my corrected 9 weeks 3 days tomorrow.

Doc still cautious of course, we're not in the clear, I have another appt in a week and a half which will put me at 11 weeks. I have to still take the progesterone up till week 12 or 13. So far it seems that it's helping!!!

Please keep praying the bean makes it!! Thanks ladies!
Mysti

Mystimay
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Fri May 30, 2008 12:17 am

Oh my goodness, I guess I missed your update!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so happy for you.

I still think you need a new doctor but if you are happy with him, that is certainly your call. Seems he is putting far too much worry into you and that is never a good thing in a pregnancy.

Congrats again though and I will be looking forward to those updates!
my blighted ovum scare

If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby Mystimay » Fri May 30, 2008 12:40 am

Thanks!!!

I will let you know how the next appt goes!! So far so good. ;)
Mysti

Mystimay
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Fri May 30, 2008 12:42 am

I'll be looking for that update.

I love happy endings...sniff :*(

:)8 :P :)8
my blighted ovum scare

Kay

Postby Mystimay » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:27 am

Well, saw the doc again yesturday!!

Baby is GREAT!!! Found a hb with the doppler. Everything was great, he moved me off of his high risk status.

I get to go monthly instead of bi monthly. (part of me is going to miss the constant affirmation)

So .. it's possible! Bean is GREAT!
Mysti

Mystimay
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby CINC » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:19 am

awesome news!!!!
Nicole
~I can do all things through Him that strengthens me.~
Mom to Elijah Samuel 1/3/03 & Isaac Kallel 9/23/06
CINC
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby CGR » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:21 am

So so happy for you! Thanks for spreading your good news and your positive outlook and support all around!!! E>
CGR
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:37 pm

And, to think, you weren't supposed to get your hopes up...argh...doctors, I tell you.

I'm so glad everything is looking so good :)
my blighted ovum scare

Kay

7wks 3days from LMP and No Heartbeat Detected

Postby Praying4aMiracle » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:36 pm

I too have a similar situation. By my LMP today I should be 7wks 5days pregnant. I had my HCG levels checked at 4wks and the first day HCG was 68 and Progesterone was 11.5 and 48 hours later HCG was 179 so they more than doubled. I also have been taking 200mg of progesterone a night.

I went this past Tuesday for my first full prenatal appt which according to my LMP I was 7wks and 3days. So my dr did a vaginal ultrasound (he does U.S. every visit and vaginal ones up until the 12th week), anyway he found the sacs and then found the peanut sized baby but said he didn't think he could see a heartbeat. A couple of times he thought he may have seen it and even had me hold my breath to make sure wasn't my pulse but said if what he saw was the baby's heartbeat then it was slow. He said by the ultrasound the baby measured 6wks and 5days. THEN he comes back in the room and says he wants me to come back in 3 days which is tomorrow and do another ultrasound. He says if he doesn't see a heartbeat then we need to discuss option of a D&C. But now after reading on here and alot of other sites I don't want to jump into a D&C. I had D&C 10 yrs ago for a blighted ovum and just don't want to go that route again. After reading everyone's stories on here I'm beginning to have a little more hope and faith that our story will have a happy ending. I have a 14yr old daughter and was told then I had a tilted uterus and hoping that is the reason for not seeing HB. Also I take heart medication for my heart condition that also lowers blood pressure so maybe it just lowered my baby's blood pressure enough that it makes it harder to see the tiny heart beating on the U.S. machine so early.

I pray to God that he will bless us with a healthy strong heart beating baby :H
Praying4aMiracle
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories