Moved: Another Jennifer's "Bad Egg" Story by Port

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Moved: Another Jennifer's "Bad Egg" Story by Port

Postby misdiagnosed » Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:47 pm

Originally posted by PortlandJen 9/9/2004
------------------------------------------------

I was first diagnosed with a possible blighted ovum on August 26, when I went in for my first ultrasound at about 6.5 weeks. There was only a gestational sac, and no yolk or anything else to be seen. My doctor was concerned and had my HCG level tested. At that point, it was 30,000.

The following Monday (4 days later), I went back to have my hormones tested again. This time they were 50,000. My doctor believed this was bad news, and said she was expecting my levels to have doubled twice in that 4-day period, to 120,000. At this point she mentioned having a D&C, but she scheduled me for another ultrasound on September 7 just to be sure. So I sweated it out for 12 days, having pregnancy symptoms but not knowing whether or not there was anyone "in" there.

On September 7 I went back for the second ultrasound (feeling terribly nervous and sick). Luckily they did not make me wait. The doctor started the internal ultrasound while I was looking away from the screen. Suddenly, she said "oh!". I looked, and there was a complete little baby (more of a lizard, really) on the screen. The heartbeat was flickering like crazy. The doctor was so surprised and apologetic for putting me through this stress. We both just kept saying "Oh my God! Oh my God! Look! Oh my God!" with big grins.

The baby measured 7 weeks 6 days, which is about 4 days less than my LMP would be, but she said it looks fantastic and it's within the range of normal. I was surprised by how surprised she was, and I told her about this site and that there were many women going through the same thing. I can't believe I'm the first patient she's had who has gone through this...

So here are all my dates and figures:

LMP 7/10
Ovulation/conception (in Paris! Whee!) 7/24
AF due (but did not appear) 8/7
Positive EPT 8/12
First u/s (6.5 weeks past LMP) 8/26; HCG levels 30,000
Second HCG test 8/30 - levels 50,000 (Dr. did not like these levels)
Today's u/s - 9/7

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Jennifer
misdiagnosed
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Moved: Another Jennifer's "Bad Egg" Story by Port

Postby icu2010 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:10 pm

Omg, It's stories like these that give me hope. I am 31 yrs old and pregnant for the first time. Feels like I have waited a life time for this moment. I want my baby here and healthy more than anything right now. The first date of my lmp was 5/17/10 I went to the emergency room on 6/20/10 where I was told I was pregnant they were not able to see anything because it was to early not even a sac. I follow up with my doctor the following week and was told my progestrone was low. I was proscribed a medicine prometrone to take one everynight before I went to bed. I retest about two weeks ad was told everything looks good as far as my levels. I did a ultra sound two week later said they saw the sac but nothing else. Can't remeber exact measurement. I went to the doctor this past thursday and was told my baby is not growing and they want to do a d&c the next day. I was in total shock she said they basically saw the same thing two weeks ago. I could'nt go through with the d&c I didn't show up. I can't go out without a fight for my baby. I want to do a seconf opinion. I always felt I wasn't as far along pregnant according to my lmp. I went to the er yesterday just to get a different ultrasound reading they said I was 5wks and 6 days no fetal heatbeat but was normal for where I measured. Idk what to think they did say my cervix was closed. The first doctor never did a pelvic exam. I wanna wait a least a week or two and retest. However don't wanna wait and do harm to my body where I can never have kids. I just looking for any signs of hope. I feel like I'm looking my pregnancy symptoms. I know this has been taking a very bad toll on me.
icu2010
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby suzy_drew » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:48 am

I am going thru this as we speak, the SAME EXACT COUNTS AND ALL. this past week i have been so worried and have literally put it all in GODS hand! And reading this gives me even more faith!!!! :H

Love suzy
suzy_drew
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby baby.godines » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:42 pm

Hi I so understand what ur going through I went in to see how far along I was I had a VI n it said I was 5w5d n that they seen a yolk sac no.fetal pole I was told come back in a week n I did still nothing empty.sac I had my hcg levels drawn n on. Thursday they were at 17,000 n on Monday I took them again Tuesday got results n they were at 19,000 Dr says they aren't suppose to double n they look fine but I still don't know why I couldn't see baby :( sad worried n confused
baby.godines
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby jennap » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:36 am

babygodines... I had a similar story, but my HCG was higher (27,300) at 6 weeks, and then it DROPPED to 27,000. They could only see sac, nothing else. Told me I would m/c but if I didn't to come back in a week or so to recheck. Went back at 7w5d and we found a baby with a strong heartbeat. Don't give up hope yet! I'm almost 17 weeks now, and doing great!
jennap
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby baby.godines » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:31 am

Jennap.. ty I hope everything turns out ok for me I'm so worried
baby.godines
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby baby.godines » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:29 pm

Update went to er lastnight blood pressure was high while there they did ultrasoundsaw baby but no heart beat still. Baby measured to be 6 weeks
baby.godines
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby baby.godines » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:31 pm

Still spotting no miscarriage yet
baby.godines
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby esmeg03 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:13 pm

Hi, I am going through the same situation only that I was diagnosed with blighted ovum at 8 weeks according to my last menstrual period. But when I had my ultrasound the sac measured 6weeks 4 days. I am still pregnant and need to go back next week to follow up with my doctor. My doctor is pretty much trying to convince me to have a D & C but I totally refused after finding out about so many misdiagnosed woman. I am hoping for a miracle and my faith has me staying strong.
esmeg03
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories