pregnant.notpregnant.pregnant

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

pregnant.notpregnant.pregnant

Postby Amy0079 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:02 pm

Ok, so here's my story. We have a healthy 17 month old and had decided at the beginning of the year to start "trying" for another baby. We were successful in January, and when I was only a couple of weeks pregnant I tested positive with a home pregnancy test. A week later I went to the doctor, and they confirmed a pregnancy. When I was six weeks along, on a Friday, I had been up a few hours and when I went to the bathroom I had a substantial amount of bleeding, including several clots. I called the doctor and by that evening we mourned the loss of a child. I had been told to expect to continue bleeding and just to rest and not be alarmed unless I bled too much. Saturday I had cramps and passed one clot, but had no other bleeding. Two weeks later I was still having morning sickness and still felt pregnant. Although I was told this was normal, due to hormones, I took another home pregnancy test, which was positive. I called the doctor and requested an HCG blood test. They agreed and the levels were 177,000...which were described as "good and high." It was another week before I had an ultrasound, by this time I was 9 1/2 weeks along, three weeks since I had bleeding. The ultrasound revealed a viable pregnancy...everything looked normal. The little guy/gal was kicking his/her leg and the heartrate was great. The measurements added up correctly with how far along I was. Now I am 12 weeks pregnant and all is still well. We praise God for this miracle and pray that everything continues well.
I do suspect that I was carrying twins, although I am not certain of this and my doctor is not certain either. :)O<
Amy0079
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby coll_pat » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:16 pm

Congratulations. May the rest of your pregnancy be healthy and boring. :)8 :)8
me (30), dh (30)
ds (12/03), ds (10/05), dd (4/08)
m/c twins 5/07 at 10 weeks
coll_pat
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby brownsugar » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:55 pm

Amy: did you have ultrasounds completed as well when the bleeding started? Just cause i am going through something very similar to what you went through...
brownsugar
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:37 pm

Oh my goodness! What a rollercoaster and what a happy ending! I think you are right about the twins. So many pregnancies start out as multiples. Of course, you'll never know but what a very happy surprise for you.

I bled heavily as well and was also told miscarriage. Thankfully, they were wrong. That's one of the BIG reasons I don't like D&Cs. There is just too much that can happen and not every diagnosed miscarriage is a miscarriage.

Thanks for sharing your story.
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories