just when I'd accepted the fact that I was going to miscarry

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

just when I'd accepted the fact that I was going to miscarry

Postby leila » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:50 pm

Hi all! I told myself I wanted to come back and post my story because it helped me so much to read this site when I was waiting waiting waiting, but I only remembered tonight because now my best friend is going through the same thing. I remember how desperately I searched the internet looking for good news.. did anyone out there get told there was no baby at six weeks only to end up with a healthy pregnancy? The answer is yes, and I am proof.

At my six week ultrasound, my midwife looked concerned. All of a sudden she wasn't her happy, congratulatory self. I immediately panicked and asked her what was wrong, and she told me that while she could see the sack, she couldn't see a baby.

That was the first time I'd heard of a blighted ovum, and I was so scared and sad. She told me to come back in a week for a better ultrasound, but they couldn't fit me in for two weeks! Those were terrible weeks.. scouring the internet for any hope, wondering what had gone wrong with my lucky pregnancy.

After two weeks I had basically accepted that we were losing the baby. I must confess I wasn't doing as well on my pregnancy diet as I should have been. And I was looking ahead with dread at a possible D&C since I hadn't started spotting at all.

But when I went in to radiology for an ultrasound, the technician laughed. "six weeks is too early!" she said. and as she moved the want over my belly, I saw it too--a tiny fetus. Today, I am 13 weeks pregnant with a normal pregnancy that I'm thankful for every day.

I wanted to come back and post this to give you the kind of hope that you gave me during my two dark weeks, and also to make sure that other women know that it's not over if the sonogram doesn't show a baby early in the pregnancy. Please, please wait and go back in a few more weeks no matter what your doctor says. And take comfort in the fact that not all of these stories have a sad ending.
leila
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Stace » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:23 pm

Hi Leila, I am so glad to hear your good news story. I hope everything continues to go up from here. Do you know what your HCG levels were? That is where I am having so many issues. This will be my 4th miscarriage and my levels have always been very low, but with this pregnancy they have been down right crazy. I started at 718, then they dropped to 81 in just 4 days....I thought I would start bleeding and miscarry on my own, then 2 days later they went back up to 117 and yesterday 144. Still very low. the best I can guess my last cycle started somewhere around Feb 9th which means I am well over 6 weeks. I am obviously not hopeful at all and just want it to all be over with.
~~~Stacy~~~
Stace
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby leila » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:34 pm

Hi Stace,

I am so sorry to hear what you've been going through. That sounds just terrible. I can't imagine how difficult and emotional this must be for you. I'm afraid I was never told my HCG levels (or perhaps they were never measured?) so I can't answer that one for you. I can keep you posted on my best friend's, though, since she's getting hers measured later this week. We don't know what the outcome will be for her yet.

I will send you my best wishes and hope that this time things will turn out ok. I assume you are getting medical advice about the situation? I've heard that if you miscarry deal to low levels of progesterone (I think that's right..) that simple medication can often do the trick, but I'm sure you've been through all that.

Sending lots of luck and hoping to hear good news,
Leila
leila
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Stace » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:31 pm

Thank You Leila,
Well, my levels today were 251, not quite double of what they were 3 days ago. I have an ultrasound scheduled for Wednesday but my fear is that because my levels are so low and it is still early that they won't be able to tell me anything conclusive and I will still be in limbo.

Thank You for sending luck my way...I need all of it that I can get.
~~~Stacy~~~
Stace
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:23 am

I love hearing these stories. Congratulations!!!
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby jasmine1 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:36 am

congratulations...im so happy for u :)
jasmine1
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby theresa1215 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:28 am

YIPPIE! :)8 Wonderful! good luck to you freind ill be praying :H
theresa1215
theresa1215
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

to Stace re your HCG levels

Postby suzy » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:40 pm

HI Stacy
I also had a bunch of miscarriages for apparently "no reason". But I just started going to a better doctor who seems to know much more than my previous one.

It's possible that you need to take progesterone supplements for your low HCG levels. I am not an expert by any means, but you need to put yourself in the best possible hands. The answer to your problem is out there.

I wish you lots of luck!!!

Suzy
suzy
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby crlyq » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:58 am

Hi Leila
Your story is an inspiration! Thanks for posting.
crlyq
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories