Never in a million years...

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Never in a million years...

Postby kaiserroll » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:53 pm

So here is my story. Never in a million years would I have thought this would happen to me. I went to the doctor for my first ultrasound appt on 3/11/08 at what should have been 8 1/2 weeks. At the appt the doctor found the gestational sac measuring PERFECT size and yolk sac but no baby. I was devestated to say the least. The doctor said that he was 90% sure that it was a blighted ovum. We set up an appointment for 3/20 (today) to follow up. I think he was giving me time to miscarry on my own. No blood work was done.

I have been praying all week that the doctor was wrong with the initial diagnosis. This has been the worst week EVER. We went in for the appt today and the doc asked if I have had any cramping and/or bleeding. Nope to both. He did an ultrasound and we couldn't believe our eyes. There was our little baby on the screen!!! The image came up almost immediately and so did the crying. There was a baby!!! We got to hear the heartbeat and saw the little heart flickering on the screen. It was the most exciting thing I have ever experienced.

The doc was flabergasted and could not believe there was a little bean in there. We couldn't get a good measurement because it was hard to see and moving around. But as of now things look good. I know many people have said that there baby was hiding because of a tilted uterus and I think that is what happened this time (my last yearly appt he told me in passing that my uterus was tilted). I am beyond excited and hoping the rest of the pregnancy goes smoothly. I just wanted to give hope to others going through this, I know reading these stories during the last week has helped me.

I hope though that this will not be an indication that this little peanut will be a stinker the rest of its life. If so I am gonna have my hands full! :)O<
Jen
kaiserroll
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby JuliaG » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:48 pm

This is WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Huge huge huge congrats!!!!!!!!

Julia
JuliaG
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby MOMOF4SOONTOBE#5 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:14 pm

Congratulations! What exciting news.
Jennifer mother to:
DS age 11, DD age 8,
DD age 6, DD age 4
DS Born 6/9/08
MOMOF4SOONTOBE#5
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:27 am

That is awesome!!

Let me just tell you though, my little four year old "blighted ovum" certainly gives me a run for my money. My son is so easy and my daughter is a major drama queen. I wouldn't trade her for the world though :)

Congrats again!
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby lost angel » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:35 am

congratulations!!!such wonderful news!!!

Good luck to you all! Wishing you all the bestfor an uneventful pg!

Karen
Karen, 42!, mum to 5 amazing kids!
Megan, 22, Jennifer 18, Matthew 9, Katerina 4, Nathaniel 2.
Precious Angel Baby's August 2005, & January 2008
lost angel
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories