UPDATE-MISDIAGNOSED BLIGHTED OVUM!!!!

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

UPDATE-MISDIAGNOSED BLIGHTED OVUM!!!!

Postby Liz » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:09 pm

I just wanted to share my story! I am so thankful for this website. I was diagnosed at 6 weeks 3 days with a "blighted ovum" and was told it was just a matter of time before I miscarried. I had bled a bit around 5 weeks, but my HCG levels were doubling appropriately, and the first ultrasound they did(around 5 1/2 weeks) showed a perfectly formed sac, yolk sac, but no heartbeat or fetal pole. At 6 weeks and 3 days I went back in and there was no heartbeat or fetal pole, and I was thus diagnosed with a "blighted ovum". Back in September I did miscarry at 10 weeks with a "blighted ovum" so I was certain it was happening to me again.

I found this website, and after much praying and research I insisted on going back for another ultrasound; despite the fact that my doctor told me that there was no hope.

We went in today, at 9 weeks, 5 days, and there was a VIABLE baby with a strong 167 HB growing!!! I was so happy and shocked that I just started crying.

Ladies, if ANY doctor diagnoses you with a blighted ovum before 8 weeks, INSIST on going back for a repeat ultrasound. Doctors are not perfect, and if I had not felt prompting to go back for another ultrasound I might have gone to have a D & C and terminated a healthy pregnancy. These last few weeks between being diagnosed and finding the baby have been the most painful, upsetting, and confusing times for me. Save yourself the agony, and do not accept any diagnosis until you feel 100% in your heart that there is no chance.

We are thankful to God for our little miracle, due October 11th, 2008.
Liz
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby mommyof5 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:35 pm

Congratulations!! GOD is an awesome GOD!! :)8
May your pregnancy continue to be blessed. :H
I am so happy for you and glad that you went with your motherly instincts.
Hooray for you and your family on your expected delivery date! :)O<
I bet your doctor was both stunned and speechless. Halelujah!!!!! E>

Take care of yourself and God bless you and your family.
Relax and let God be in control!! B)
Hold unto faith, no matter what!! God knows the desires of your heart!! Waht does not break us will only make us stronger....
mommyof5
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Ashley1985 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:37 pm

Congratulations! I too had a misdiagnosed "blighted ovum" and I too am due Oct. 11th!! :)8 :) E>
Ashley1985
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories