Told 98% chance of miscarriage - found heartbeat!

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Told 98% chance of miscarriage - found heartbeat!

Postby mothershipof4 » Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:24 pm

This is a letter that I sent to a new friend here that I met today on the phone. We share so much in common and today I got my prayers answered...

Hi there. I read your story and Im going thru the same thing with my doc. I am preg with my 5th child and found out at 6 weeks and they confirmed with a US and found no fetal pole just the sack and water. My HCG level was 1900 My doc said that with a 98% that I will m/c. Because with levels that high there WOULD be a fetal pole! My HGC levals were normal so far and Im waiting it out till something happens. I started to spot today just a tiny bit, I got nervouse and called the doc and he wants to US again tomarrow and said he can let me know with 100% certainty IF there is a baby or not. He thinks it is already over... I can't live my life without hope...Im a hair over 7 weeks now and I am going AMA and going to let my body do whats right for itself will I think that I am in harms way. As of the last 6 hours the spotting has stopped and im praying really hard.If this is meant to be then it is meant to be but IF i can give this child one last hope, then is that not our job as the mother to do so? I think so !

Please write me back asap. I need to know how things turned out for you and ANY thing that you can maybe tell me to help my situation would be great. God bless you and your choices and all your loved ones.
Mothershipof4 ( I need to change my name. I have 4 children by birth 1 by adoption and 2 foster babies that we hope will become forever ours)

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

TODAY I HAD MY ULTRASOUND. I ASKED MY TECH TO TELL ME IF THERE WAS ANY SIGN OF A FETAL POLE EVEN IF NOT ALIVE AND SHE LOOKED AROUND AND SAID WELL "HOW ABOUT A HEARTBEAT?" 140 AND TICKING STRONG. THE BABY IS 7 WEEKS AND 2 DAYS AND WAS NOT THERE LAST WEEK AND NOW THERE AND HEALTHY SO FAR.( HIDING PERHAPS OR ???) MY DOC WAS SHOCKED AFTER I RAN STRAIGHT FROM ULTRASOUND BACK TO HIS OFFICE TO SAY "bo'yaaaaa" IN HIS FACE. I want every woman to know that the ONLY way that the tech saw this life growing in me before the Doc wanted to end his life is she put me on a THICK foam wedge under my hips and jacked them up SO high that I thought I was going to get sick. Using a vaginal probe US she was able to find my little "Bean" and the heartbeat was something that I could have stared at forever. Please Please Please Ask for them to do this to you even if they look at you like your weird, INSIST!!! This saved my Unborn child !!!

LADIES DOCTORS ONLY KNOW WHAT MEDICAL SCIENCE KNOWS AND IN MORE CASES THAT IS WONDERFUL. TRUST YOUR OWN BODY AND HEART. WE ARE ULTIMATLY THE ONES THAT GOD HAS ENTRUSTED THESE LITTLE LIVES TO AND IT IS OUR JOB TO BE THE ADVOCATE OF OUR CHILDREN TILL THEY HAVE A VOICE OF THEIR OWN.
MY DOCTOR WAS ONLY GIVING ME THIS UNTRASOUND TODAY TO SHUT ME UP AND PROVE THAT THE BABY DIDNT EXSIST. WHO FOOLED WHO.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND PLEASE KEEP JULIE FROM KANSAS IN OUR PRAYERS TONIGHT FOR SHE WILL HAVE ANOTHER US TOMARROW. KEEP STRONG JULIE, KNOW THAT YOU HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN ILLINOIS...
JUDY, AKA MOTHERSHIPOF4
mothershipof4
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby juejue11 » Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:14 pm

Hey Judy

I am soo glad u posted this on here...it is a true miracle that they found your baby today...or you might well have had that D&C tomorrow and never had the chance to say hello to your new baby.

This is for you and the little bean you have growing so happily inside
:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

And don't you forget u always have a friend here in kansas (of all places! LOL)

call me anytime u need a talk..or a winge about the other kids.. :rofl:

You are going to be an inspiration to a lot of ladies here :heart:

CONGRAULATIONS again Judy

your friend Julie :biggrin:
juejue11
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:58 pm

Judy, how absolutely awesome

Let me just say:

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

and

:yay: :yay: :yay:

Sounds as if you definitely have a tilted uterus. Because it hasn't been researched some doctors are not open to the possibility of hidden babies and measurements being off. However, we're seeing these stories weekly. Some doctors are great and open to learning. Find yourself one of those doctors and lose the one who wanted to abort your baby.

Congrats!

Kay :heart:
Kay

Postby pinky143 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:55 am

Judy,
Your story has given me so much hope. Congratulations to you. I'm so happy you trusted your instincts and did not get that D&C. I've been crying all day and reading this site tonight has given me some hope. At least now I know to trust in my body and not to give into the D&C eventhough my Dr. thinks that 99% I have a blighted ovum.

I O'd really late in my cycle and we only BD twice so I know I am not the classic CD14 ovulation. Anyway, my HCG's are not doubling which I know is not a good sign. They were stalled/dropped and then they started going up slightly again. They are currently only at 740 BUT last week we saw the gestational sac and this week there was a yolk sac and the gestational sac had grown. How is this possible with failing HCG levels...??? I have no idea. I don't want to do a D&C. The doctor is letting me have more bloodwork and another U/S in two weeks. He is certain I will start to bleed before then.

My LMP was April 5th but I could not have gotten pg before April 27th. The u/s showed 5 weeks last week and the Dr. is saying 5 weeks again this week eventhough there has been growth and there is now a yolk sac.
My tubes were checked and they are clear. I had a horrible pain in my right side about two and a half weeks ago and I wonder if that has anything to do with the PG. Can an ectopic clear itself? If so can the sac then go on to develop eventhough the baby is gone? Perhaps this accounts for the falling HCG levels.

I've also been wondering about vanishing twins or ovulating twice in one cycle (losing the first pg)...

I may be posting in the wrong place but I really just wanted to thank you Judy for giving me some hope. Thank you and I said a prayer for you and your baby.

Kay
pinky143
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:49 am

Kay, it is so difficult to know what is happening with your pregnancy. We've seen some hcg's rise very slowly or even decline with dehydration very early in pregnancy and then they go on to be quite normal. I think you'll have more answers if you continue to monitor those hcg's and see what that u/s shows.

(((hugs)))
Kay

HAVE FAITH IN YOURSELF!

Postby mothershipof4 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:17 pm

I know not everyone here will have a good outcome. Some of us may loose our children and others will go on to have a solid pregnancy but we ALL need to "listen" to our bodys. Afterall we have lived in them forever, NOT our Doctors! Medical advice is just that ADVISE! Don't believe everything you hear or read ! Do whats best for yourself and listen to your bodys signs. Pray to your God ! And let nature take its time and don't rush into anything unless it is in your best interest medically. D&C's are NOT always needed.

My prayers are with you all. Please keep me and my family in your prayers. Julie in Kansas, you are on my mind today while you go for your testing, my prayers are with you...

Mothershipof4 :heart:
mothershipof4
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Lark » Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:02 pm

Mothership,

What a blessing to see that miracle heartbeat! I just know your story will save the lives of many babies when their mom's read it and get renewed hope and put off those d&c's. God bless you!

Lark
Lark

Blighted Ovum?? WRONG!!! UPDATE>

Postby mothershipof4 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:46 pm

Hello everyone, Special hello to Julie ! :heart:

Just an update. Im now 9 weeks pregnant and for those of you that didnt read my last entry PLEASE DO!!!

I am living proof that DOCTORS can be WRONG at times....

Special thanks for all the kind world and prayers that were sent my way.

Listen to your heart!!!

Mothershipof4 working on #5... :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
mothershipof4
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Lovinmom » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:10 pm

Thank God you saw your little one! I'm glad that you followed your heart. Congratulations on this great news! Thank you sharing. Your story will greatly help others.

Lovinmom :heart:
3 angel babies in Christ's loving arms/ one possible misdiagnosis
47 yr. mom to boy twins 5 yrs., dd 18 yr. and 9 yr. Baby Michael Josiah born 6/23/08
This post for educational purpose. For diagnosis, treatment, and advice, consult a doctor.
Lovinmom

Postby Kay » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:22 pm

Thank you so much for the update. We love to hear about these miracle babies and their moms so keep the updates coming.

Congrats again. What a blessing your story is to others and what a blessing this baby is.

Yay :yay:

Kay

***** UPDATE *******

Postby mothershipof4 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:11 pm

I just wanted to update everyone on how things are so far. If you dont know my past story please look it up , go to search then type in my name, mothershipof4

I am now 11 weeks 2 days along, and I have 201 days left !!!

Things are going fine, no weight gain yet but starting to show already. I go the Dr on July 7th at my 12 week appt to hear the heartbeat. I am overweight so IF they can't hear the heartbeat then they will do an ultrasound again to see the baby's hearbeat that way again.

Morning sickness is subsiding, Heartburn rages on. I have eaten so many TUMS in the past 3 months that if I dropped dead today I'd leave my own chalk outline!

I just want everyone to know my story and hope that it helps just one woman and I will know that I have helped. I pray for each and everyone that comes to this site in hopes of hearing advise or help with matters that inpact their life... I have made a great new friend here and I know that things happen for a reason... God has a plan for each and everyone of us. Stay strong and remember, ITS YOUR BODY!!! Follow YOUR heart and Convictions. God Bless.. Mothershipof4 ( actually 6 1/4 ) lol :heart:
mothershipof4
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Lark » Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:22 pm

:rofl: I love the 'chalk outline' comment! How original! :rofl:

Congrats on the good progress of your pg, and good luck!

God bless

Lark
Lark

Postby melpointy » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:19 pm

Praise God that is such a miracle. I am praying your pregnancy continues to do well.

Mel :yay:
melpointy
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Mom In Waiting » Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:20 am

Judy,
I am so encouraged by all the good news you have been getting. I don't think I have your exact due date on our list of preggos yet. If you get a chance PM me and let me know what it is so I can update our list! It is growing as fast as all these bellies around here!! :biggrin:
Wishing you nothing but positive thought from here on out! Blessings to you, Cyndi :heart:
Angel Baby #1 6/00 (10wks)
Angel Baby #2 1/01 (12wks)
Birth of Samuel Lee 7/26/02!!!!
Angel#3 "Jeremy" 11/04 (17wks)
Alicia Kathryn Born 7/6/06!!!!!
Mom In Waiting

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories