They were mistaken

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

They were mistaken

Postby aaronsmommie » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:50 pm

So I went to the doctors the other day and found out the doctor at the emergency room was wrong. I am still very much pregnant and baby is healthy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Original Post:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am so happy I found a site like this that I can talk about my expierence with miscarriages. Why I searched for misdiagnosed miscarriage and because maybe this is wishful thinking but I had found out I was pregnant last week and not even 2 days after I was told I had a miscarriage. I did bleed and have cramps for 2 days, they did an ultrasound and told me they didnt find anything. Which I would really only be about 3 weeks pregnant at the time or less(5 weeks if its from the 1st day of last period). Which I don't think I was 3 weeks along I think I was less. They did blood work and it should my levels were only at 24. I know thats very low, but I only taken the pregnancy tests 2 nights before and the lines were very faint and then the next day when i tested it was darker. I am still very nausa's and I just don't feel like myself. This miscarriage is much different then the first one I went through. I have to go for repeat blood work and I guess that will give me an answer.

I do have a beautiful son named Aaron he is 11 months old now. My first miscarriage I had I was 8 weeks pregnant I miscarried on July 3rd then within 2 weeks I was pregnant with my son.

I hope that this all makes sense..... Anyone else go through what I just went through with the second miscarriage.
aaronsmommie
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:59 pm

What wonderful news. Congratulations.
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby riotgirl » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:03 am

Great news! I am so happy for you.
riotgirl
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

I might be miscarring?

Postby lexie » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:11 pm

[color=blue]I went to the Dr today to have my Intake they call it, by my dates I am about 6 wks, but my periods are never normal. ( I have one beautiful son almost 3 yrs old) I have had 2 miscarriages prior.
The nurse did an ultrasound and told me that I had a blighted ovum, I asked for the Dr to come and give me a second opnion. When he did the uls he said that he can not say I have a blighted ovum, my sac is not totally round, but he said it could be to early. Due to my periods being so irregular etc. I am taking Progesteron vaginally and my HCGs are rising, so far so good, I guess I am just scared I want this so bad so I guess maybe pray for me
I am so glad to find this sight and listen to similar stories that have turned out to be happy endings, I am hoping for one of thes myself.
thanks for listining[/color]
lexie
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Hopin&Prayin » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:04 am

I too am hoping for a miracle! I will find out today for sure.

Found out I was pregnant on 3/17 via HPT. I was about 3w4d along according to my calcs. I had taken Clomid to help me. I started Prog supps right away @ 100 mgs daily. Had beta hcg level checked that day and it was 292... then again on the 20th it was 823. We drove to Florida for Spring Break and during that week I started to not feel so pregnant. This past Monday (3/31) I went in for a scan and my gestational sac was "perfect" looking per my doc, but only measured about 4 weeks in size with nothing in it. I should've been 6 weeks and was expecting to see a fetal pole w/hb. Doc was optimistic and said I could just have ovulated later than I thought. I could have, but then I would've had to BD with DH to fertilize an egg and I am 99% sure we didn't do that!

So, I'm chalking this up to my 3rd m/c and as I'm beginning my grieving, I get a call from my nurse who says my beta hcg's levels are rising very nicely.......at 7868 as of 3/31. Doc thinks that's great. However, although that is within a normal range, by my calcs it has only doubled every 3.7 days from the 20th. That's pretty slow, so my theory is that they were higher last week and are falling off now. I'll know today about my blood draw from yesterday and that will tell me for sure. I'm scheduled for another scan on Tuesday. I'll add that I've had no spotting or cramping to date which I attribute to the prog. I'm on. ALSO, this site clued me into retroverted uteruses, which I have, and how some women are in fact pregnant but see nothing on their scans initially. That gave me some hope!

I just want to get off this roller coaster and know once and for all.

To everyone who is in the same boat as me right now, it's good to know that we're not alone. Stay strong.
Proud Mommy of one boy 2/19/01
3 Angel Babies
Hopin&Prayin
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby praying4twins » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:30 pm

GREAT NEWS aaronsmommie! I'm so happy for you!! I hope everything goes well for you from here on out! To everyone else, I'M PRAYING FOR ALL OF YOU GUYS AS WELL! I just found out 2 weeks ago with a BFP but i just went potty and there was bloody streaks when i wiped. I'm gonna try not to worry about it though cuz well ya'll know why but please just pray for me and that this bean will stay stuck!
praying4twins
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories