My levels dropped & I was told wait to miscarry BUT

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

My levels dropped & I was told wait to miscarry BUT

Postby HB » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:48 pm

Here I am to tell you we saw a Heartbeat today! Beating away and measuring just fine! No one can give me any answers why my levels dropped and then went back up but all that matters is my Baby is there with a heartbeat! E>

I had 2 draws, first one was 2553 second one 1700. Was told to wait to miscarry... Went in for an U/S to rule out an ectopic because I had some pain and they found a cyst on my ovary and a sac in my uterus but no heartbeat. BUT MY LEVELS HAD STARTED TO GO BACK UP!! They were 5500 then 11700! Today we went in and were told if there was no heartbeat something probably was not right but there it was!!! I was just too early to see it last week. I am measuring 6 weeks and 3 days. So God Willing we will be bringing this baby home sometime in September!!!! :H

Could have been a lab error or a miracle of God either way if your levels drops ask for another one or 2 HCG draws and an U/S. Keep the faith. I prayed so heard to see the heartbeat but also strength if it wasn't our time. God held my hand over the past week and I am a stronger person now.

Just wanted to share because when I was told I was going to miscarry I didn't believe it. I jut had such a positive feeling. A friend told me about this site and I found SO MUCH MORE Hope that helped me get through the waiting game until the U/S this morning.

Good luck and God Bless!
~HB~
HB
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby CINC » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:04 pm

congratulations!!! That is so awesome!
Nicole
~I can do all things through Him that strengthens me.~
Mom to Elijah Samuel 1/3/03 & Isaac Kallel 9/23/06
CINC
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby kat* » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:24 pm

Congrats on your miracle HB! So very happy for you.
Kat
Mom of 5, dd Aimee 19,ds Nicolas 15,ds Kyle 10 and dd Ciara 8 and Ms Katie Rose!
Angel ds 9/1990 and Angel ds 5/2005
Kathleen Rose arrived at 9:22pm on October 24, 2006!
http://www.babysites.com/sites/katmarchand
kat*
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Lovinmom » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:16 am

I am so happy for you! Hydration levels and lab error could have been the culprit in the dipped hcg levels. I am so happy that you followed your motherly instinct and tested out the diagnosis.

Hugs of Joy!

Lovinmom E>
3 angel babies in Christ's loving arms/ one possible misdiagnosis
47 yr. mom to boy twins 5 yrs., dd 18 yr. and 9 yr. Baby Michael Josiah born 6/23/08
This post for educational purpose. For diagnosis, treatment, and advice, consult a doctor.
Lovinmom

Postby Kay » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:29 am

Wonderful news. So many women have had hCG levels drop and then start rising again. While a drop in those levels can signal miscarriage, that doesn't mean it is written in stone.

Congratulations!!!
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby namaste11 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:04 am

Congrats to you!

Andy
Andy (38) and Jack (36)
Anna Kate (7y) Jacqueline (5y) Alexandra (2y) Samantha (2y) Vanessa (newborn)
5 precious souls in heaven playing with our dog McKinley
namaste11
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby michanders4 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:18 pm

Congratulations!!
michanders4
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby riotgirl » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:09 am

Congrats to you!
riotgirl