Yeah!!

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Yeah!!

Postby Ashley1985 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:54 pm

Okay, so I posted in the possible miscarriage forum, for advise and support.

NOW I'M SO EXCITED that I can post here!!

Last September I miscarried at 9 weeks, I had a great doctor, who unfortantly was not in my network.

So this year when I found out in January that we were pregnant, I was extatic, but sad because I knew I had to find a new doctor! My sister-in-law is pregnant, and so i decided to go to her doctor. I called for an appointment planning to schedule around Feb. 28th, and the lady told me no, that I needed to go in the next week (Feb. 6th)

So, okay, I go in. The doctor meets me in her office and immediatly starts talking to be about downs syndrom, scolosis, and other birth defects. This is all kind of much, I just came to see my baby. She also is talking fast, and I'm so confused, she wont slow down or explain anything. So whatever, we go do the ultrasound (woohoo! right?) WRONG! She tells me she doesn't know whether I am having a miscarriage, an ectopic pregnancy, or a normal pregnancy. She was telling me that my dates were WAY off, which I knew they weren't because I was tracking them! She said if it is a viable pregnancy I am only 3-4 weeks. So I'm laying there freaking out and she's just jabbing away with the VU machine. OUCH! She sends me for bloodwork and says she'll call me the next day.

The next day (Feb 7th) I get a call at work from my doctors office saying that I need to go for an emergency ultrasound because my HCG levels are too high and I'm having an ectopic pregnancy. I called my fiancee in tears to meet me up at the hospital for my ultrasound. They did the test, and I was sent back to my doctors office for the results. She came into the office and told me that I was in the middle of a miscarriage, and wanted to immediatly start me on suppositories to make me start cramping to get rid of the tissues. Then she said quietly "but it could still be a viable baby" She said that I could go back on Monday the 11th to get them.

Later that night, I was talking to my fiancee, and I was telling him that I did not feel like I was having a miscarriage, and that's when I found this website, and found hope! So I scheduled an appointment with a NEW doctor for today, the 22nd. But I got a letter in the mail from my old doctor Wednesday night, the 20th. It said that I had an infection, and that I could be having an ectopic pregnancy or a miscarriage, which had me and my fiancee worried. So I called the new doctor and they squeezed me in for the 21st. When we did the ultrasound, he found an 7 week 6 day old baby!

:)8 :)8 :)8 :)8 I almost cried, I was so happy! THANK YOU GUYS! For all your prayers and giving me hope! E> E> E>
Ashley1985
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:14 am

Oh my goodness Ashley, wow!!! I am just stunned at what that doctor has put you through. Stick with this new doctor.

I look forward to hearing your updates. CONGRATULATIONS!!
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby riotgirl » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:10 am

Congrats to you!
riotgirl
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby charmedmomma25 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:09 pm

omg im going thru the SAME thing.I was told that im about 3 weeks 5 days pregnant at my u/s and theres a yolk sac and everythings in the right place but im looking like im almost 4 weeks.She had trouble finding my uterus and mentioned it maybe being tilted....anyway i should have been about 7 weeks 1 day and i keep wondering if im 3 weeks 5 days is there really a gest sac and yolk sac that can be seen? my hcg were only in the 7,000's though and i had more done today i wont know till monday...i feel theres no hope since my dates are so far off from 3 weeks 5 days though :(
charmedmomma25
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Ashley1985 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:33 pm

Charmed, I'll definatly keep you in my prayers...

Sorry it took so long for an update, I've been busy moving! But I was on appointments every week, then he moved it to every two weeks, and my last appointment was on Thursday, I am 10 weeks today, we heard the heartbeat at 166bpm! Now I am every 4 weeks! I'm getting more and more excited and relieved and I'm so happy! I have this website to thank, because had I not found it, and found that there still might have been hope, I don't know what I would have done!! So I just wanted to say:

THANK YOU ALL!
Ashley1985
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:30 am

What a wonderful update. Hope the move went well and you didn't have to do too much.

Just keep us updated on you and that little blessing of yours!
my blighted ovum scare

If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby lost angel » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:32 am

how wonderful for you!!!

Some Drs should not be Drs.... they are incompetant morons!

I am so glad that you have a good Dr now!!!

Wishing you all the best! Please keep us posted.

Karen
Karen, 42!, mum to 5 amazing kids!
Megan, 22, Jennifer 18, Matthew 9, Katerina 4, Nathaniel 2.
Precious Angel Baby's August 2005, & January 2008
lost angel
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Ashley1985 » Mon May 12, 2008 9:53 pm

Just a an update for you guys, my "b.o." is a boy! :) :)8 B) I am now 18 weeks :)
Ashley1985
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Tue May 13, 2008 11:04 am

Okay, let me just say:

:)8 :P :)8
:P :)8 :P
:)O :) :)O
:) :)O :)

and, of course,

B)

Congratulations!!!
my blighted ovum scare

Kay

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories