My misdiagnosed miscarriage story

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

My misdiagnosed miscarriage story

Postby kellene » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:37 am

Here is my misdiagnosed miscarriage story. On Dec. 13 I miscarried at six weeks and then conceived right away again. At six weeks with the second baby I started bleeding. Of course I thought it was the same thing again, though I stopped bleeding after about 1/2 an hour of heavy bleeding. I decided to have an ultrasound to see if the baby was ok. I have a very natural and helpful midwife that I birth with in a small hospital. I went in and after about 45 minutes of looking both with an AU and VU, the technician said that there was no baby. My husband and I could both see the empty sac, there was no fetal pole or yolk sac. This was at 6+1 weeks. My midwife called me in and told me that I had a blighted ovum and that I could expect to miscarry within a couple of weeks. Of course we were very sad and grieved. Toward the end of that week I came across this website and started to hope a little especially because I was getting extremely nauseated and my stomach was growing. I decided to wait three weeks and have another ultrasound. Symptoms continued to increase so I went in on Feb. 15 at 9+1 weeks. There was a baby with heart rate of 178 and everything looking so normal. The technician that had done the ultrasound the first time was there along with a new technician that was doing the current ultrasound. They were absolutely speechless. The first lady couldn't believe her eyes, pulling up all the old pictures and analyzing them. She said she hadn't seen anything like it though she had heard of it. I told them of this website and am so thankful for the information it gave me. Yes, there is a lot of emotional trauma waiting and waiting for a miscarriage, but if there is any chance for survival at all and no threat to the mother which often is the case with a blighted ovum, opting out of a D&C seems extremely advisable....It is really crazy how many doctors rush people into them. We are so thankful for our little life. I can't stop looking at the picture.
kellene
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby lost angel » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:15 am

am glad things worked out for you.congratulations.

enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.

Karen
Karen, 42!, mum to 5 amazing kids!
Megan, 22, Jennifer 18, Matthew 9, Katerina 4, Nathaniel 2.
Precious Angel Baby's August 2005, & January 2008
lost angel
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Update...

Postby mommyof5 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:14 pm

Okay,
I had a D&C on the 5th of February :*( . I had to go in for a check-up on the 19th of February, to see how things healed up. Anyways, during the waiting time of two weeks, my husband and I were in fact intimate 2 times. We were intimate both the 9th of Feb and the 14th of Feb. No protection was used and so forth. I went in on the 19th for a follow-up complaining of feeling dizzy, queasy, and light headed, not to mention the heavy blood clots, I was passing since Sunday night. I told the doctor that I have no cramping but heavy flow. She seemed confused :( . She then sent me to take a blood test to measure the iron level in my blood and to check the level of my HCG. By the way, she did not look pleased after we told her that we had been intimate before her recommended time :() .
Anyways, I got a call from the nurse stating that my iron level was great and not to worry :)8 , followed by an HCG level of 126. She told me that the doc is thinking that I have left over tissue in the uterus from the D&C and that my body is still producing the pregnancy hormone, due to the body being confused and that if I was to take a home pregnancy test it might show prego results. According to the D&C charts that I have studied this would make me 1 week pregnant :)O . This totally adds up to our intimate sessions.
I called my mother and explained all that the doc had told me and my mother was in disbelief. My mom said, "a D&C is thorough and accurate, especially since they used the vaccuum and D&C procedure on me." My mom thinks that I am pregnant again, just as fast as she became pregnant after her D&C before the birth of my brother. My mom was pregnant with my brother within 3 weeks of her procedure. She went in for a follow-up and was informed that she was an extremely fertile woman to have become pregant as quickly as she had. So as you can see, my mother thinks that I am fertile just like her. The baby that I lost would have been baby number 6 for me.
I have another blood test scheduled for thursday, 48 hours after the first to see if my levels have doubled, as stated it should during research, or fall. If they fall, than I am not pregant and my body is confused, which makes no sense to me....and if I double then you know the rest... :)O<

Please share your opinions and thoughts...
Thanks and have a blessed day!!
Hold unto faith, no matter what!! God knows the desires of your heart!! Waht does not break us will only make us stronger....
mommyof5
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

update..

Postby mommyof5 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:20 am

Today is Thursday, to which I went in to have another blood draw to check the HCG levels. This was exacly 48 hours since the last draw.

Anyways, I was told that the levels have gone down to 96. They would like to see them at "0". I was then informed by the nurse that my doctor wants to continue to monitor my levels. So this means that I have another scheduled draw for Monday. I say no way.. This is making no sense to me.
Long story short..
Hubby and I were intimate Feb 9th, 14th and the 21st of this month. I proceeded to tell these dates to the nurse, thinking that maybe my levels are dropping as fast as they would like to see or are used too, because maybe I have conceived again. She refused to acknowledge what had just been told. Now get this... She told me that my hubby and I were to cease the intimacy until my levels are at "0". This way they can better figure out what is happening within my body.

My reply is ...as if... What if the levels don't go down, because I am already pregnant? Does this mean... AHH.. To be perfectly honest... I am confused and extremely frustrated with modern medicine.

GOD IS THE DOCTOR AND CREATOR OF ALL.. Just because you have a certified medical license... does not make you GOD or have you to know everything. Every women is built differently. No body is the same!!
I think I may wait until another month or so to take a pregnancy teat and then go from there, or perhaps seek another Doctor who will listen to me.

Signing out for now and have a blessed night!! :H
Hold unto faith, no matter what!! God knows the desires of your heart!! Waht does not break us will only make us stronger....
mommyof5
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby AlexisCraw » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:26 pm

Thank God 4 your miracle!!!!!!! 8)O
-LexiTrustsGod-
AlexisCraw
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories