UPDATE on Miscarriage Diagnosis in the ER/ WOW!

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

UPDATE on Miscarriage Diagnosis in the ER/ WOW!

Postby Bande » Tue May 31, 2005 7:57 pm

Hello everyone!

Remember me? I told you about my situation.....(please let me refresh your memory)

I am an IVF patient (transfered 4 embryos on May 12th)
11 days after Embryo Transfer (ET) my hcg level was 17.

HGC Levels
Mon =17 (11dpET)
Wed=35.6 (13dpET)
Fri=84.1 (15dpET)

I was spotting on that Wed. & by Sat. it turned into a regular period like flow. I was scared , so I went to the ER, where they checked my HCG level & said it came back at 90. (remember, the day before my level was 84.1)

The ER doctor examined my cervix & seemed to feel everything felt "fine or normal" but also said I was probably too early on to tell. Long story short, the ER dr. sent me home with a diagnosis of a "miscarriage". (due to all the bleeding) :cry: I was instructed by the ER dr. to stop taking all medications. (because I have been taking progesterone from my IVF Dr.)

Well I called my IVF Dr. & he told me he was sorry & it doesn't sound too good to him, BUT told me just incase, keep taking the pregesterone & get retested Tues. (today) on my hcg levels.

Well I reluctantly went to the dr. office to have my HCG rechecked. (after hearing the ER diagnosis of "m/c" ) But I just got the results back, & todays HCG levels are..................... 427 !!!!!!!!!

Can you believe this????? They told me there is NO WAY that I could have miscarried with my levels that high!!!!!!!! I am truely amazed!!!!! I just say "THANK YOU LORD JESUS!!!!!!!" & GLORY TO MY GOD!!!!!!!!
I love HIM so much, He is so merciful & faithful!!!!!!!! I am still in awe about this. What else can I say????

I realize I am still early on in this pregnancy, but I believe The Lord will carry US through!!!!!

I go in for my 1st ultrasound next Tues. (1 week) Please continue to keep me in your prayers, I thank you SO MUCH for all your thoughts & prayers & support you have given me, & not only for me, but as well as for all the other ladies on this site that you pray for as well. May our Lord Jesus Christ Bless you All & in everything you put your hands to!!!!!

PS: I must say ladies, just because you have been diagnosed with a micarriage, it isn't the case all the time. Time is so crucial & so is PATIENCE!!!!!

Praise You Lord Jesus!!!!!! :yay: :heart: :yay:
Bande
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Lark » Tue May 31, 2005 8:31 pm

:yay: Oh, Bande, I am sooooooo happy to hear your good news! :cheer: It is so inspiring for the other ladies here to hear about success stories like yours when they are facing the same dx. I know the final chapter hasn't been written on what will happen with your pg, but that doesn't take away from the fact that the drs were TOTALLY wrong and that gives hope to so many who are afraid to hope. I'm praying so very hard for a successful pregnancy for you! When are you due? I just found out that I'm pg and it sounds like you're just a week or two farther along than I am. It's just so early for drs to doom these pgs when success stories happen so often! God bless you and that wonderful life you are carrying!

God bless

Lark
Lark

Postby Bande » Tue May 31, 2005 8:57 pm

Thank you SO MUCH Lark!!!!!

My IVF (invetro) doctor says that I am 5 weeks & 1 day pregnant today (May 31--Tues)

The actual embryo transfer was done on May 12th, but somehow they say you always add 2 weeks on to IVF patients from the day of transfer. (I don't know really quite how they come up with their dates, all I know is she told me today I was 5 wks + 1 day)

My expected due date (if I carry to full term/40 weeks they said) will be Jan. 30th , 2006

I will keep you posted on the ultrasound next Tues.

& CONGRADULATIONS on your pregnancy too!!!!! When is your due date?
& if you don't mind me asking, did you have to have fertility treatment (IVF) like me???

I have one daughter already (she's almost 15!!!) I had her naturally when I was only 20 yrs. old.. But when she was only 5 weeks old, I ended up with a womb infection, which caused my tubes to mess up, that's why I needed fertility help & IVF (invetro) was my option.

This is my 3rd IVF. My 1st one was 5 yrs ago at a local fertility office here in Tulsa. (failed) Then I came across an IVF Dr. in California who offered a refund program. He gives you 3 IVF tries. He guarantees you to get pregnant & carry the baby for 12 weeks, & if you fail to do so within those 3 tries, he will refund 70-90% of your money (depending on your age, & less the $$$ for the fertility meds) ----This is my 2nd IVF cycle with him. Incase anyone needs that sort of help like I did, I would highly recommend him, he seems to be very considerate & caring with each of his patients. His website is www.pfcla.com ----He also has a msg board there too where he personally answers each persons questions everyday! (except wkends) I don't mean to give him a commercial here, but I wish I would have known about him & his refund plan the 1st time I did my IVF, because it is so costly . (especially if it don't work--then you can use the refunded $$$ for other options)

Anyway Lark, I do sincerely with my whole heart appreciate your support & all your prayers. (& everyone elses too!!!!! :smile:

God Bless You All !!!!!

Sincerely, Bande :heart:
Bande
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Lark » Tue May 31, 2005 9:19 pm

Bande,

My due date is Feb 8th, so I'm only a week or so behind you. I'll be praying for you to get good news on Tues. How far along will you be then? Let me see, 6wks 1 day? That might not be quite far enough to see a heartbeat yet, but hopefully everything will turn out great! I'm waiting until 7 wks (barring any unforseen circumstances) for my 1st u/s, but I had my first hcg's today, 13 dpo, and they were 48. Maybe a little low? I'm not sure, but I'll do my second draw in two days and we'll see if they're doubling. I'm on heparin injections, low dose aspirin, 800 mg Folic acid, and 50 mg progesterone every day. If all that doesn't make this baby stick, I don't know what will! Good luck to you, and I'll keep praying!

God bless

Lark
Lark

Postby Bande » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:07 am

Hi Lark,

They said my hcg was lower than they wanted to see too, but it kept doubling. Then of course (you read my story) I started bleeding & I was told I m/c . So Doctors indeed are NOT always right. *THANK GOD!

So just keep an eye on your levels & see that they go up. I'm sure they will, I will pray & believe God for you too & your baby! :pregnant

I don't know too much about the meds your on. But I do know about the progestrone...... I take 1000 mg per day!!!! (vaginal & oral)
That's what my IVF dr. recommends for me. (Maybe cause I'm 34, (35 in July) I also take prenatal vitamins, & that's all the meds I'm on now.

Anyway Lark, I'm so happy for you too & I hope you keep us updated with your hcg's & u/s. I am praying for you.

God Bless you & your family :heart:
Sincerely, Bande
Bande
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Mom In Waiting » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:48 am

Bande,
Another great success story to add to our awesome couple of months we are having here on the site! :yay: :yay:
Keeping you and your little one in my prayers as you await the u/s. After hearing your #'s went up, I bet you are on :cloud9: !!! Blessings, can't wait to hear about your u/s next week. Cyndi :heart:
Angel Baby #1 6/00 (10wks)
Angel Baby #2 1/01 (12wks)
Birth of Samuel Lee 7/26/02!!!!
Angel#3 "Jeremy" 11/04 (17wks)
Alicia Kathryn Born 7/6/06!!!!!
Mom In Waiting

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories