Misdiagnosed!No Ectopic! No Miscarriage! !!

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Misdiagnosed!No Ectopic! No Miscarriage! !!

Postby MissyMedic » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:35 am

:)8 Went in today for my second u/s,It was a very long and depressing 2 weeks waiting to find out if we were going to be going through another D/C or if this was going to be ectopic.My last u/s at 5w 5d showed no fetal pole no hrtbt.Not only that but when I spoke to my OB she told me that on the u/s report they stated Possible ectopic. And after haveing a m/c 8 months ago that was the last thing in the world I wanted to hear!But today was different,as I layed there on the table I could at first only see the sack and for a moment it looked empty....I started to well with tears as I looked away.Then the u/s tech said I'm going to get some pictures for you to take home.....What? Pictures of What? She said "Of you'r little Peanut,look! [I dont think she realized that I had looked away] There's the hrtbt E> !!!!!I began crying ,There it was plain as day beating away.I was in shock and disbelief!And so overwhelmed with joy it was a true blessing :P I got dressed as quickly as I could and walked out to the waiting area where my fiance was waiting ,at first glance he could see that I had been crying,he jumped to his feet as I handed him our Babys first pictures and said "It was the most beautiful heartbeat I've ever seen! :) It was a very emotional day for both of us!But every tear was tears of joy !We know we arent out of the woods quite yet,I am still only 7 weeks along but just when I was ready to give up all hope,This beautiful baby gave me all the hope in the world!I pray that Jesus continues to hold us tight.
5 weeks and scared.
MissyMedic
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Congrats!!

Postby mommyof5 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:55 am

Rember.. this.. GOD does not make mistakes. :H Hang unto your blessing and that little miracle :)O< . There is no feeling like when you see your babies heart for the first time E> . Congratulations to you and your fiance'. B) B) B) B) B)

Warmly,
Janelle
Hold unto faith, no matter what!! God knows the desires of your heart!! Waht does not break us will only make us stronger....
mommyof5
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby lost angel » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:14 am

Congratulations. That is wonderful news! I am very happy for you both.
May your little bean continue to grow!!!
Will look out for more updates from you.

Congratulations again!!! I wish we all had your news!!

Karen
Karen, 42!, mum to 5 amazing kids!
Megan, 22, Jennifer 18, Matthew 9, Katerina 4, Nathaniel 2.
Precious Angel Baby's August 2005, & January 2008
lost angel
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Browna80 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:49 pm

I just want you to know how much posting your story has helped me today. I just had an ultrasound last week at 5w0d and all my doc said was "the sac isn't as round and pretty as I'd like it to be" and "there is a small amount of blood in the bottom of the uterus. I'd be willing to bet that your progesterone levels have either topped out or are falling by this point. We will run the blood work to see...here are some progesterone suppositories...take them once a day." I went home, VERY upset, and hesitant to use the medicine he had given me, but my husband told me to do it for the baby, so I used one. The very next day the nurse called and said that I had a very good rise in my progesterone levels and to stop the progesterone immediately! 20.51 @ 4weeks to 26.1 at 5 weeks!!! While I am delighted over this news, I can't help but continue to run over the course of that ultrasound in my head...I keep thinking..."okay, so my levels may be good, but he said the ultrasound was all wrong..." So I am still in a "panic" and not due to go back in for my next u/s until Valentine's Day when I will be 6w2d. That's 4 days away!!! I am so scared and nervous that I am going to get in there and he is going to say something like I heard last time "I am looking for a heartbeat and that is just not what I am seeing...". Those devastating words just keep repeating themselves to me since my last miscarriage at 12 weeks...

With your story, I now know that there is more than just hope for me and it very well could have been just TOO early. Thanks so much for your encouragement!

Oh yeah, and he did my ultrasound that early b/c I had some very MINOR discoloration to my discharge (not pink, red, or brown, but just tanish...) and he had already concluded that since I had one m/c, that I had better come in...now I wish I hadn't. I really think the blood he sees on ultrasound is just left over from implantation...we will see!
Browna80
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories