I would like to share my story!

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

I would like to share my story!

Postby Sherb » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:19 pm

Hi everyone. I just wanted to share my story in case that it would give some hope to other women experiencing the same thing.

I'm a 37 yr old mother of 2 beautiful children. My DS is 14 and my DD will be 11 on the 15th and I'm married to my wonderful DH for almost 16 years.

We have always wanted 3 or 4 kids and different circumstances over the years prevented us from continuing. Well, this past summer we decided that we were going to try for one more. I went off the pill in July and I was pregnant by the end of August. We were ecstatic that it had happened so quickly. Everything was going along fine and I had an u/s scheduled for 11 weeks. At 9 1/2 weeks I started spotting pink and by the 3rd day I was having major major cramps and I had passed something, which I thought for sure was the baby. I called my OB and went in, had an u/s done that showed the baby measuring at only about 8 1/2 wks with a HB of 129. My OB put me on bedrest for 7 days and I had to go back in a week for another u/s. So, I go back the following week and the tech has to do a transvaginal and there is no more HB. I had a D&C approx. 6 days later. My OB told us that there was no physical reason for the m/c and that we could try as soon as possible. I should add that I had a m/c about 19 yrs ago when I was 18 at around 8 weeks and then went on to have my 2 healthy kids with no problems whatsoever.

Anyways, my DH and I wanted to try ASAP because with us getting older I don't want to wait too long. I did a HPT 2 days before Christmas and got a positive. I went to see my OB on Jan. 2, where I should have been about 6 weeks. He did bloodwork and sent me for an u/s, which I thought was really really weird and very very early. The tech said that I was measuring at about 5 1/2 weeks and that she could only see the gestational sac and yolk sac and that I would need another u/s in a week or 2 and we should be able to see something by then.

I was devastated and thought that I couldn't believe that something bad was happening again and how much more could I take. If this time wasn't good, then I was not going to try again and I would just be content with the 2 beautiful kids that we have. Anyways, the next week I had a bleeding episode and thought "here we go again". I called my OB and he told me to come in. He did bloodwork and sent me for another u/s. The spotting had stopped in the morning, but I was still scared. The u/s tech found the baby there with a HB of 140. I was floored. She said that I had a small hematoma (probably from implantation) and that it should clear itself up in time.

Since then, I've had no pink or red bleeding but I had a period of brown discharge, which stopped about 2 weeks ago. So, I'm assuming all the old blood has cleared up. Today, I am 11 weeks pregnant and everything is looking good. I'm still very guarded about the pregnancy and will feel much better once I reach that 12 week mark and so forth but I'm finally starting to get excited about the baby and looking forward to the next 6+ months and having a healthy and happy baby at that time.

Sorry for the long read, but after reading all the great stories here I just wanted to share mine and hope that it brings some of you going through a similar experience some hope and I want to send very positive thoughts to all of you.
Sherb
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Sherb » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:34 pm

Just a quick update. I am 20 weeks and 4 days today and we found out last Saturday at our u/s that we are having a little boy. Everything is going well and we are looking forward to meeting our little healthy man in August.
Sherb
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby inspirations » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:04 pm

Wow...what a great story! I'm so glad things are going well for you. Thanks for sharing your story! :)8
Julie
Married to Andy since 2003
Mommy to Madeline (7/04)
Angel Baby (3/08)
inspirations
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories