MISCARRIAGE OF ONE TWIN

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

MISCARRIAGE OF ONE TWIN

Postby happymommy » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:03 pm

Hi,
I think I miscarried a twin and JUST found out on my childs second birthday.
If this has happened to you, please reply. I'm glad to have a healthy baby, but I'm shocked that I didn't know about it before.

For 11 days I was SERIOUSLY ill, nausea, fever, aching, CRAMPING, and dizzy. I couldn't eat or MOVE. I thought I had a bad flu.
Then I started my period.
It was HUGE unusual period that lasted one day.
I couldn't stop the bleeding with a pad or tampon and was passing EGG size clots.
Realizing that I might not have a flu or need antibiotics I drove down the street to the doctor closest to me (my husband was out of town).
A physician Asst. saw me. And asked if I was pregnant. I said, no I'm having a huge period. They did two blood tests and confirmed I was pregnant. Then told me I might be miscarry the baby ONLY because of my HCG levels. I had a sonogram and confirmed the pregnancy was not tubular and we saw a heart beat.

No mention of a miscarriage was ever said to me regarding the bleeding.
They said some women still have their periods during pregnancy.
They might not have understood the massive bleeding and cramping I had.
I then made appt. with my O/B and they seem to pass it off to. That the baby was healthy and my HCG levels evened out.

I just found out through others experience that this was probably a twin being miscarried. I feel kindof weird about it. I have a healthy two year old (who was actually born at 29 weeks, but that's a whole other story).
I just want to find out what really happened to my body.
Because I think it was major and it seemed to be passed off as nothing to the medical profession.

Thanks for listening.
happymommy
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby lost angel » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:20 pm

I don't know how they could dismiss lossing that kind of blood.Even if you did lose a twin, which is what it sounds like, I would be having them keep a pretty close eye on me.

So how far are you? Is everything looking good now?

You are never going to know for sure what happened. Your only chance would have been if you kept some of the clots and they were sent off for pathology.

So for now, if you have 1 healthy little bean growing in there, be thankful and happy.

Wishing you all the best.

Karen
Karen, 42!, mum to 5 amazing kids!
Megan, 22, Jennifer 18, Matthew 9, Katerina 4, Nathaniel 2.
Precious Angel Baby's August 2005, & January 2008
lost angel
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Thank you

Postby happymommy » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:47 am

Thank you for your reply.
This actually happened two years ago.
My son is now two and I was just discussing my birth and found out
what probably happened. I had no idea a the time.
I did have another baby after that who is 10 months old.

It feels "weird" that I had a miscarriage and a possible twin and didn't even know. Maybe I couldn't have handled that knowledge then.
happymommy
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: MISCARRIAGE OF ONE TWIN

Postby sambaker1091 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:27 pm

Hi. I'm sorry for your loss...
I saw that you said it was about 2 years ago, but i think you could still help me.
You see, I'm 18 right now and just had a miscarriage. I havent been to the doctor due to financial reasons and many other, but i was sure that I was indeed pregnant.
I'm not sure if I was supposed to have twins or not, they dont run in my familiy, but after the miscarriage, being about 2-3 days later, i still feel pregnant. My stomach is still bloated feeling, somewhat round, the same fluttering sensations, and also the some discomforts i was having before hand.
My questions to you is is that normal? Did you have the same feelings?
sambaker1091
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby happymommy » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:01 pm

Hi,
I'm sorry to hear of your situation. Having a miscarriage is difficult.
Twins did not run in my family either. I did have the pregnancy feelings after I had the miscarriage, because I was still pregnant with my other baby.
I would suggest taking a pregnancy test. And also to find a free clinic that will help. After miscarriages it's important to be seen by a doctor. There are sights for young mothers, unwed mothers, not sure of the actual names. Look them up online and Call them. They will help. I hope the best for you and your little baby.
happymommy
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:37 pm

Actually, quite a few pregnancies start as twins and end as singletons. I've even read a study that said that in these types of pregnancies, the second baby has a better chance of surviving than a normal singleton pregnancy. I thought that was interesting.

Really, there is no way to know what happened and really no way to know if you did indeed lose a twin.
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby VeronicaLeAnn612 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:20 pm

I'm having the same problem. I started spotting Wednesday and went for a vaginal ultrasound, only 8 weeks along, and they saw the heartbeat very strong. Then Thursday night I miscarried. But now, 4 day later, I still have nausea, constant urination, boobs hurting, all that. And to add to it, my stomach is STILL staying hard. Sound like what happened with yours?
VeronicaLeAnn612
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby mikael94 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:19 am

I found out I was pregnant and was leaning towards a termination... Well was being pushed to one by the father. I went for a scan to find out how far along I was, I was 7.5 weeks with twins :)8 !!!!
My mind was made up, I was keeping them at all costs.

However 5 days later I woke up with severe cramps and light bleeding that was pink.

When I went to a clinic they told me I miscarried one twin as they could only find one very weak/slow heartbeat. They wanted to give a blood test to confirm to test hcg levels but I refused. I was told not to be optimistic for the other one to survive. I bled two days later. Have I lost the other twin or am I bleeding out the first?
mikael94
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories