misdiagnosed blighted ovum

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

misdiagnosed blighted ovum

Postby motheroftwins » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:50 pm

Hello everyone. I had a miscarriage about 6 months ago due to a blighted ovum. I got pregnant again a few months ago and I was told at 5, then 6, then at 7 weeks that I was going to have a blighted ovum. I trusted my doctor and he told me to go ahead and do a D7C. I did just that and today I get the report back and they are telling me that there was afetus present when they did the D & C. They said that the report showed signs of conception and she said that meant there was a fetus present. My midwife gave me the results and my doc did my D &C. So now I am really upset knowing that I quite so soon. I waited until I started have the miscarriage on the last one but this one I just could nt go through the wait again and they told me it was certain. They only montiored my hcg levels twice. And they climbed up to 10,500 at 5 weeks. So I dont know what;s going on. If anyone can give me any insight on this I would appreciate it. I just want to know what this means. Could I have had a healthy baby? I am just sad that I gave up to early. Thats the last time I trust the doc whole heartily.
motheroftwins
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:48 pm

Oh no, I am so sorry. That is one of the main reasons we started this site. Too many doctors push D&Cs too soon. Some women, like myself, are nine weeks or more before seeing our babies.

I know there have been lawsuits for this sort of thing. I don't know if that is a road you want to go down or not. I'm just surprised they admitted it to you.
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Thankyou

Postby motheroftwins » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:55 pm

Thankyou so much for responding to my post. I didnt know if anyone would or not. I was just so frustrated and mad at myself for giving up now that I know there could have been a chance of survival. I am so worn out from all of this and now I am praying that the doctor does not make the same mistake again to somebody else. But thankyou again. I read your story and it made me cry. I hate myself for giving up. I didnt do it last time but I did this time.
motheroftwins
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby hnr1016 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:10 pm

I am so sorry for all you have been through. I know that it's hard to not know what could have been. However, you can't blame yourself this was not done intentionally. I know the pain of losing a child and now that I am pregnant again my ob says that I also have a blighten ovum. This website including your story has given me hope and now I know that I need to take my time and get a second opinion. Take care of yourself
hnr1016
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Hello

Postby motheroftwins » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:10 pm

Yes defintly get another opinion. I would without a doubt keep going until you know that it is time to do what needs to be done. If you have any doubt in your mind at all, I believe that you should just keep waiting until you are 100% ready. I was not 100% ready but everyone convinced me that I was so I did it and now I regret it. I am still trying to move on. Best of luck to you and I pray that you have a happy normal pregnancy. Please let me know how it goes.
motheroftwins
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories