I was misdiagnosed!!! I just found out!!!!

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

I was misdiagnosed!!! I just found out!!!!

Postby summer70 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:55 pm

If you have seen my posts over the last few days, basically, my OB told me on Friday that my pregnancy was bad and that she thinks it might even be ectopic. I spent the whole weekend crying and even went in to the ER yesterday (Sunday) where they diagnosed this as an ectopic pregnancy.

SO..I went back to my RE today. I was expecting him to confirm the ectopic pregnancy and make a plan of action and so on. No...no...didn't happen like that!! I got to see my little baby's heart beating...where it belongs..in my uterus!!!!! Tubes look fune, ovaries look fine!!!

Would you believe my OB was wanting to set up the D&C and such on Fridat for Tuesday????

original post: http://www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com/ ... hp?p=81045
summer70
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby CINC » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:05 pm

that is great news!!!! Some doctors really think HCG is the definitive indication of a normal pregnancy but we have seen time and time again on this site that it just isn't true. I myself had non- doubling HCG and had a normal pregnancy. I'm so glad you were able to see the heartbeat!!!
Nicole
~I can do all things through Him that strengthens me.~
Mom to Elijah Samuel 1/3/03 & Isaac Kallel 9/23/06
CINC
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby namaste11 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:01 pm

Congratulations to you! This is wonderful news. I'll be looking forward to seeing your updates with news about how things are progressing.

Be well!
E> Andy
Andy (38) and Jack (36)
Anna Kate (7y) Jacqueline (5y) Alexandra (2y) Samantha (2y) Vanessa (newborn)
5 precious souls in heaven playing with our dog McKinley
namaste11
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:59 am

Wow! Congratulations to you. Please keep us updated on your pregnancy!
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby Lovinmom » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:54 am

I am so happy for you! I just read your postings in the Hcg section and had to come over here to see this great news! I get so frustrated at some of these doctors and their quickly wanting to do a D&C and at the expense of possible viable babies! Thank God you tested this out and found your little one! This is great news and rejoicing! Also great hope as we are seeing a lot of women with low hcg numbers being told that they have a possible ectopic pregnancy.

Enjoy the rest of this pregnancy!

Hugs,
Lovinmom E>
3 angel babies in Christ's loving arms/ one possible misdiagnosis
47 yr. mom to boy twins 5 yrs., dd 18 yr. and 9 yr. Baby Michael Josiah born 6/23/08
This post for educational purpose. For diagnosis, treatment, and advice, consult a doctor.
Lovinmom

Postby mahi » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:29 pm

it gives me hope when i read this things i am in a similar situ. they see sac no fetal pole when i last did the us i was 6 week calc and 5w on us am going back on monday to see
wish me luck
mahi
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby HoldingHope » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:18 pm

Congratulations Summer! :)8 :)8

What fantastic news! To God be the glory!!! You give us "ladies in waiting" so much hope....please keep us updated on how you and your little one are doing!
----------------
With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible. Matthew 19:26
2 Angel's in Heaven's Nursery:
m/c#1, 6 wks, D&C: 6/07
m/2#2, 11 wks, natural loss: 2/08
HoldingHope
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby butterdragons » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:26 pm

It's always nice to hear a good outcome. Congrats!
Shawna--33 yo married SAHM
2 boys and a princess: Jake (6), Daniel (4), Eden (17 mos)
3 little angels in heaven
butterdragons
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby riotgirl » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:45 pm

Thats great congrats! I hate it when doctors want to rush things. Take care.
riotgirl
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

dr's

Postby julielcarr » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:45 pm

these dr's should be reported to the proper medical officers at the hospital and medical state levels
julielcarr
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby wenrui » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:49 am

i am so happy for you!
wenrui
wenrui
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Nichola » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:34 am

:)8 God is awesome!!
Nichola
This is my hope and prayer for all who are ttc and with child. Job 33:4 - The Spirit of God has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life. ; Psalm 139:13-16
Nichola
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: I was misdiagnosed!!! I just found out!!!!

Postby katiesue30 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:50 pm

I was wondering if anyone can help me. I had my left tube removed over a year ago and was told my other tube had fused over so was on list for IVF yet a miracle happened and I got a positive test result last Wednesday. My first HCG levels were 615 on Friday which indicated that I was probably around 4 weeks pregnant, they rose to 1054 2 days later on sunday. I went for another ultrascan on Monday and still they couldnt see anything but I have no pain, no bleeding, they called me to have another scan today and again cannot see anything, they said my ovaries looked fine, lining is developing and have took more bloods. Now they saying my bloods need to come in over 4000 later today when I get results..I dont feel like baby in wrong place, or in any discomfort! What do you guys think? I am so confused and just want to be happy but I am scared to hope if you know what I mean..Many Thanks

Ps I have a tilted womb too xx

Kate xxxxx
katiesue30
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:35 am

Kate, it is really important that they find a gestational sac. If they've seen the gestational sac, it sounds like it is just too early to see much.
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby katiesue30 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:47 pm

I had further bloods done and they increased to 1930 from 1054 in 4 days :( not a great increase and then they did bloods next day and again they increased to 2200 but still couldnt find the sac or baby so in the end I had to agree to taking the injection instead..very sad now as I really believed she was in the right place but doctors couldnt risk waiting so was advised to stop the pregnancy.. Had real bad experience with one doctor though because she was evil and rude and told me I HAD to have a laparoscomy to remove last tube as my chances of another eptopic were 99% !!! ..my tube is unblocked and she was coming out with fake advice, she also told me baby must have swam across from left ovary (where tube is missing) and swam into uterus and down into the right tube ..as if !! thats not even possible!! My tube was initally blocked at the end where the ovary is and she is trying to tell me its defo blocked at both ends..(without looking at my xrays from previous dye test, nor from looking inside tube, only guessing) if thats the case how did the egg get into the tube in the first place. She was a nasty unsympathetic doctor who truly didnt have a clue.

I am seeing my IVF consultant on 15th so will take his advice whether to remove tube, have another dye test or just go ahead with the planned initaial IVF. I asked the female doctor for a copy of my notes and she near on refused to give them to me!! I am collecting them on Tuesday now though, shoicking and distressing dealing with her and I am considering putting in a complaint.
katiesue30
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby katiesue30 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:30 pm

This is a follow up from my earlier messages as I am now so so confused and would really appriciate some advice..I had the injection friday night after my bloods had risen to 2200 and today went back for my 4 day blood test only to be called tonight and told my bloods have increased to 3500!! I have to go in for another scan tomorrow to see what they can find, they seem worried that baby now in uterus..could they have misdiagnosed me and got there information wrong..I am praying that they didnt make a mistake as that would be devestating but I really need some advice. Could my baby have been in the correct place and risen to the correct levels over last few days and now the 3500 score is the ddecreased value..so scared and any advice would be so appriciated :(..many thanks xxx

P.s they have refused to give me a c opy of my notes to seek advice on!
katiesue30
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby katiesue30 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:33 pm

Everyone talks of low rising levels and I am worried that was my case, also with a retro tilted womb it makes locating the baby even harder at only 7 weeks pregnant..doctors would not accept low rising levels with me nor had they seen any mass growing in the tube, they just presumed eptopic and said everything points to that way but could not guarantee 100% the baby was eptopic although they said it was likely high..does anyone else have similar stories like this xxx
katiesue30
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby katiesue30 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:19 am

So they scanned me again and still cant find where baby located, they are now saying it probably was in the womb and that I wasnt a risk for eptopic but that cos the levels rise slow it would never be a viable pregnancy, I think they were to quick to give me the injection without full investigations, they also said I could have waited afetr all because still no bloods, pain, fluid or high blood pressure..I feel that they diagonosed me under false info, they kept saying "so you have an eptopic before" but I never had, both my pregnancys were complication free and 2 healthy kids they just presumed cos my levels were low that baby was an eptopic, the vibe I got from then when I was scanned again was that of guilt, they kept saying no one forced me to have the injection and that it was my choice. They expect to see fluid by now or even pain n blood but still I feel great ..so gutted incase they terminated my pregnancy when they didnt need to, I am off today to have my 7 day bloods to see if risen again .. if they have I am gonna wait until Monday when I see my IVF consultant and will seek his advice only. I am still sure they will find the baby in the womb at 9 weeks .. What do you guys think I should do and what do you think xx
katiesue30
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby katiesue30 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:51 pm

Well the injection worked because today I suffered serious cramping and pain and quite a bit of blood loss and then when I went to the toilet I passed what looks to be the pregnany sack n tissue, very sad now as thats it gone and I am worried about the size as it was around the size of 50 pence piece and quite think, surely that proves it couldnt of fit in the tube! .. It was massive, Has any one else experience this and whats your opinions. xx
katiesue30
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories