My story of hope

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

My story of hope

Postby CBennett5 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:49 pm

Hello everyone. Even though I just registered, I've lurked here since Christmas. I don't know how I'd have gotten through Christmas without the wonderful stories I've read here. I went in for an u/s at my first appt on december 18th. The sonographer found only a gestational sac measuring 6w6d. She said there should be at least a yolk sac there by then. The doctor did NOT encourage a D&C but I could tell she was not optimistic. This is my third child and I knew from previous experience, that there should be more on the u/s than what we were seeing. With my previous two, there was already a heartbeat at 6w6d. The dr asked to see me again in two weeks for another u/s. THey could not work me in for THREE weeks! During that time I had no cramping or spotting....nothing. I went for the u/s and there was baby....177 heartbeat! Praise the Lord!! I am praying for each and every one of you on this board who are dealing with a loss or hanging in limbo right now. There is nothing like a mother's bond with her child, even one she's never seen or held.
I don't know if I ovulated late or what. I have a regular cycle- 28 days like clockwork. Never encountered anything like this before.
Thanks again.
Carmen
CBennett5
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Reese76 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:36 pm

May I ask how far along you are? now and how far along you were when you had the dec.18th U/S? i know u said it measured 6w6d but how far along did you calculate??

Ima so happy they found your little ones HB....thats wonderful news!
Praying for a Miricle.
Reese76
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby CBennett5 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:16 am

I figured 6w4d just by using an online calculator. The sac was measuring fine...there was just nothing in it. I am almost 9 weeks now I think...
So far so good. I hope things work out for you. I'm sending up a prayer for you right now.
Carmen
CBennett5
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby MOMOF4SOONTOBE#5 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:01 pm

Carmen,
That is a wonderfuf story that will give many women the courage to believe their pregnancy is not doomed when they receive bad news at an early u/s. Thank you for sharing your story.

I can't wait to read all of your progress that leads up to your birth story. Good luck!
Jennifer mother to:
DS age 11, DD age 8,
DD age 6, DD age 4
DS Born 6/9/08
MOMOF4SOONTOBE#5
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby HoldingHope » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:01 am

Congratulations Carmen! You give so many of us women, including me, hope in our situations from your story!

Praise the Lord and thank you for sharing!!!!!! :)8 :)8 :)8
----------------
With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible. Matthew 19:26
2 Angel's in Heaven's Nursery:
m/c#1, 6 wks, D&C: 6/07
m/2#2, 11 wks, natural loss: 2/08
HoldingHope
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby hjam » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:14 pm

I know this was left early last year, but i came across it and you and many other women on this site have given me so much hope!
i have had to wait two long weeks for a 2nd u/s after the first showed no heartbeats in a twin pregnancy, so wednesday i should be at around 9 weeks apparently. im praying everyday for some good news.
xx :H
When you can live forever, what do you live for.

1 Boy
1 Angel Baby
Expecting twins, but possible silent misscarriage?
hjam
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories