I Was Misdiagnosed at both 7 and 9 weeks. Baby found at 10!

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

I Was Misdiagnosed at both 7 and 9 weeks. Baby found at 10!

Postby akd616 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:31 pm

I registered just so I could tell this board how much I appreciated being able to read your stories while I was going through my own possible miscarriage crisis. I never actually posted anything but I used to come on here all the time to buck up my spirits so to speak, lol.

I went in for an u/s at 7 weeks and was told that they saw gestational and yolk sacs but no baby and that I had probably miscarried. I went in for another u/s a week later and was told that I was still measuring 7 weeks and still no baby and that I should come in again in a week and if there was no baby and heartbeat then that I should get a D and C. I came in again at 9 weeks and the same result. Because I had no bleeding or cramping I refused a D & C and sure as hell at 10 weeks both the baby and heartbeat made an appearance. I'm 15 weeks now and there's nothing wrong with myself or my baby.

I just wanted to thank all of you for posting your stories...I'm 20 and this is my first child and if I hadn't read your stories I probably would've let my doctor's nurse talk me into the D & C out of sheer ignorance.
akd616
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby MOMOF4SOONTOBE#5 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:32 am

That is wonderful. Thank you for sharing your amazing story. No matter how many misdiagnosed miscarriages I read I still get goose bumps with each one. Please keep us updated with your progress, everyone loves a happy ending.

I am so glad you found this website and it gave you the courage to listen to your heart and not the doctor's nurse.
Jennifer mother to:
DS age 11, DD age 8,
DD age 6, DD age 4
DS Born 6/9/08
MOMOF4SOONTOBE#5
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby BabyDreams » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:44 am

I just went in for an u/s and was told that there is a yolk sac and something there but by now there should be a definte fetal pole and hb. Was your u/s internal? or did they just do the ones where they rub the stuf on your belly? Do you think you ovulated late or are you efinite on your dates? How bg is the baby measuring?
BabyDreams
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby akd616 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:11 am

All of them were both internal and abdominal and neither way revealed anything different. I was definite about my period dates because my period is always consistent but I never knew anything about when I ovulate so I could have ovulated late. The baby's measuring right on track now.

Maybe babies just grow differently or something. You can never know everything about a subject and there could be and probably is a lot science has yet to learn about how babies grow and develop and how pregnancy works.
akd616
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:05 am

Wow, that is awesome. Sounds a bit like my story. First trimester ultrasounds are just not as accurate as doctors would have you believe. Many of the stories here certainly back that up.

Congrats to you. You probably had a tilted uterus like mine. Once it straightens out in the second trimester, dates tend to be alot more accurate.
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby kimmysue2009 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:25 pm

You give me some hope! I had an ultrasound in what should be my 9th week, but still no heartbeat and a slow growing sac. They want me to schedule a D&C also, since I have no cramping, spotting or bleeding. My hcg levels have dropped some, but are still well above normal. I am just going to wait it out, or get a second opinion, I think.
Thanks, and good luck to you.
Kim
kimmysue2009
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby staciefidler » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:51 pm

Thank you for your post...
staciefidler
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby learningasigo » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:17 am

Thank you for sharing more hope with all of us!
Initial BO diagnosis 6/19/08 at 9 weeks 3 days. D&C at 12 weeks 7/17/08.

In loving memory of Samuel. We miss you Sweatpea.
learningasigo
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories