Told no heartbeat at 7 wks and should expect a miscarriage

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Told no heartbeat at 7 wks and should expect a miscarriage

Postby nlaird » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:30 pm

I was 7 weeks pregnant and went to the dr. They did an ultrasound and said there was no heartbeat and that I should expect to miscarry. I was sooo heartbroken. They said to wait 2 weeks and have another ultrasound and we will see of my body has absorbed the baby. I was devastated. It did not even occur to me that everything was ok and then I came to this website! I always thought that you believe anything the doctor tells you, so I was shocked that when I had my ultrasound at nine weeks.....there was my little baby! Heartbeat strong and everything was ok! I had just conceived a week later then they thought! Thanks for this website as it provided something to learn besides what the doctor had only assumed and for hope! Good luck to you all!
nlaird
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby seaemm » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:30 pm

Hi nlaird,
That is great news! Do you have a tilted uterus or did you just ovulate later than you thought? I am waiting for a follow up ultrasound on this Friday to see what is happening with me. I had a scan on Dec 20. According to my LMP, I should have been 6w5d, but the scan showed only a 5 week empty sac. I went back a week later on Dec 26, and again just an empty sac. I do suspect that I ovulated later in my cycle. I am not sure what we will see this Friday, I am prepared for the worst but hoping for the best.
Best wishes to you.
seaemm
seaemm
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

wrong conception date

Postby Beloved22 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:41 am

I think I am going through the same thing. I went to the doctor's for my ultrasound and they told me it was a Blighted Ovum. They saw no baby. My husband and I grieved terribly. Then, 5 days later, they saw an embryo that measured 6 weeks. 4 days later, I got a second opinion and the baby measured 6 weeks and 4 days, and we saw a heartbeat (couldn't hear it though) which made them say anything could happen. I am quite sure that my intuition tells me that I got pregnant on November 22 which would make the ultrasounds right on schedule. But both doctors I saw insist on going from the first day of my last period, and keep telling me the baby should measure 9 weeks. I spoke to my friend who's a nurse and a nun with the Sisters of Life in New York City. (These sisters are awesome! They have a ministry for pregnant women, the assist women in crisis pregnancy, they also have retreats for women suffering from post abortion syndrome.) Basically, my friend said that docs want to cover their rear-ends because they don't want to get sued if there is a miscarriage--of course she said it in a more ladilike sisterly manner. Anyways. I hope this helps...
"A person's a person, no matter how small" -Dr. Seuss.
Beloved22
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby seaemm » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:40 pm

Hi Beloved22,
When they saw the 6 week embryo, how far along were you according to your LMP?
I am happy to hear that they found a baby for you.
Take care.
seaemm
seaemm
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby TheRightWife » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:54 am

This story gives me some hope.

I had my last ultrasound on 1/11 - Friday. At a prior ultrasound (on 12/28) my husband discovered a second baby (yes, the technician missed it). The doctor said we should expect to lose one baby as it is much smaller than the other.

We went into our appointment on 1/11 fully expecting to have lost one of the babies, but they were both there, and both measuring at 7w1d. Anyway, we were overjoyed to see both babies still there, but our hopes were quickly dashed by the ultrasound technician when she announced that neither twin had a heartbeat. The doctor came in and confirmed that there indeed was no heartbeat in either twin. She was amazed that both twins had continue to develop and were looking otherwise quite healthy with their own amniotic sac and placenta (but sharing a gestational sac).

The doctor said that we should expect to miscarry, and it would likely happen within a week. She said that she would schedule another ultrasound for January 18th, but they were quite certain the pregnancy was no longer viable because 85% of pregnancies have heartbeats by 6 weeks.

Anyway, here I am, a few days later, I still feel nauseous, my breasts are still very sore... I still feel pregnant. I'm hoping that my story will be a positive story on Jan 18th. Either way, husband and I have opted to let nature take its course and wait it out.
TheRightWife
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby MOMOF4SOONTOBE#5 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:49 am

That is wonderful news. I am just sorry you had to go through 2 weeks of torture while you waited in limbo wondering if your baby was alive. I went through a similar experience. I was told a miscarried at an early u/s (6w5d) only to find out 5 days later they were wrong. I had never in the past received an early u/s and never will again.

Good luck, hopefully the rest of your pregnancy is smooth sailing.
Jennifer mother to:
DS age 11, DD age 8,
DD age 6, DD age 4
DS Born 6/9/08
MOMOF4SOONTOBE#5
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

HELLO EVERYONE!

Postby babyjean79 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:42 pm

IM SO GLAD I FOUND THIS WEBSITE,I KNOW GOD BRING ME HERE.I WAS SCHEDULED TO HAVE ABORTION THIS COMING MONDAY,BECAUSE DOCTOR SAID 99% NO CHANCE MY TWINS WILL LIVE.BECAUSE THEY DON`T SEE ANY HEARTBEAT.AND DR.SAID THERE`S FATAL ABNORMALITY.I THINK I AM 7 WEEKS PREGNANT.BUT IM NOT SURE.BECAUSE I FORGOT MY LAST MENSTRATION I THINK NOV. 4 OR 14.BUT IM SURE IT WAS NOVEMBER.I JUST FORGET THE DATE.IM SO HAPPY THAT I FOUND THIS WEBSITE BECAUSE IT GIVES ME HOPE.GOD GAVE ME HOPE.THROUGH ALL YOUR STORIES HERE.THANK GOD THROUGH YOUR STORIES I DECIDED TO CANCEL MY ABORTION ON MONDAY AND DECIDED TO WAIT FOR MIRACLES.AND LET GOD DO HIS WILL.I ASK YOUR PRAYERS FOR ME AND FOR MY TWINS ASWELL...THANK YOU..GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
babyjean79
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories