Suzanne's baby found at 9 weeks 4 days

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Suzanne's baby found at 9 weeks 4 days

Postby Kay » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:46 am

[i]I received this email today:[/i]

Hi,

I'm Suzanne at the Misdiagnosed boards, but I've not been around in a while as I was busy fighting Hyperemesis Gravidarum and postpartum issues with my healthy fullterm son. I thought my story would be encouraging to others.

After three miscarried babies, I found myself pregnant a fifth time and certain I would be burying another child. My new doctor calculated me to be 5 weeks LMP and made me promise not to panic if he did a u/s and we didn't see much on the screen. I agreed...We saw a gestational sac, yolk sac, and no fetal pole, nothing. Even at 5 1/2 weeks, a fetal pole should have been showing.

My doctor is cautious in these matters of life and has patients wait for multiple confirmations of loss before suggesting surgery or other options, and he was no different with me, just quieter in his words given my history and grief. "We'll wait and see what happens at the hospital. Make an appointment for two weeks from now."

My pregnancy was not actually diagnosed as an threatened or pending miscarriage since I was only thought to be five weeks, but there is little doubt those words would have been appropriate had we know I was actually 7 1/2 weeks pregnant. Neither of us were encouraged by the first ultrasound, and we both quietly expected a demise or blighted ovum.

Well, two weeks later at the hospital, I was 9 weeks 4 days pregnant with a very active, perfectly formed baby. Jack is now 9 months. Had doc and I known I was actually 7, nearly 8, weeks pregnant at that first u/s where we saw NOTHING, there is NO doubt he would have spoken the words that we kept to ourselves.

There really is no explanation as to how a 7 1/2 week old baby could hide himself so completely from the u/s, but I am happy to say that he was indeed just a great hider. (Did the same thing at 19 weeks when no heartbeat could be found, and I was thought to be miscarrying again.)

Here is my sweet boy: http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i234/ ... 940715.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i234/ ... rib001.jpg

I thought you might want to consider this for your misdiagnosed stories.

Thank you for the boards and all you do.

Best,
Suzanne
Kay

Postby Suzanne » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:13 pm

I should add that my hcg that day was 49,000 ... which is not good for someone who is supposed to be 5 weeks with a history of T21.
Suzanne
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby xopixiexo » Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:38 pm

i am so excited to read your story... i had my first sonogram and was told i was 8weeks and 2 days...but no fetal pole or heartbeat...i decided to trust my instinct and have comparitive blood work and go back in a week or 2 for another u/s your story was the hope i was looking for!!!
xopixiexo
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby HIPHOPGIRL » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:01 am

I am encouraged to read that your hcg was so high and yet they couldn't find the baby. My hcg was ~34,000 and I thought for sure a baby would be visible at that level. I'm still holding out hope.
HIPHOPGIRL
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Mom In Waiting » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:03 am

I am so happy for you and so glad that you shared your story here... it will surely encourage many!
Also, your lil' boy is soooo CUTE!!! Love that first pic, he's so adorable!!! love the hair!!! Congrats and enjoy him!!! Cyndi E>
Angel Baby #1 6/00 (10wks)
Angel Baby #2 1/01 (12wks)
Birth of Samuel Lee 7/26/02!!!!
Angel#3 "Jeremy" 11/04 (17wks)
Alicia Kathryn Born 7/6/06!!!!!
Mom In Waiting

Postby Mariakl » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:18 pm

thank you so much for your story im currently 7 weeks pregnant and have had 3 ultrasounds done and they have not been able to see a fetal pole or heartbeat my hcg levels are at 23000 and i have been freaking out, now i have a little more hope.
*mia*
Mariakl
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

confused

Postby jkhg » Wed May 28, 2008 11:36 pm

i should be 9 weeks pg. had u/s on 5/19 was told by tech i had an empty sac. the nurse pratictioner did blood and said it didnt look good to come back in a week. had 2nd u/s today still showed empty sac was told it looked to be the same size as last week. n/p drew blood again to compare levels but said it didnt look good because the sac still appered empty and was not getting bigger and was not getting smaller she wanted to do a d&c tomorrow i put her off for another week and a half im just not ready to let go yet how do i know there really isnt anything there. am not bleeding and still have naseua and sore breasts. have had b/o twice last one three years ago. i feel like if im meant to miscarry it will happen on its own any advice?
jkhg
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories