Mis-diagnosed bigtime!!!

Mis-diagnosed bigtime!!!

Postby Travel_RN » Sat May 13, 2017 11:13 pm

I just wanted to share my story for those that have been getting the living daylights scared out of them for no reason. My husband and I have been trying a long time to have a child (2 years). So I took it upon myself to go to a Chinese herbal therapist, and received acupuncture and herbal teas for treatment. The teas and herbal pills made my uterus very sore and I had slight clear discharge. I thought it was “cleansing me,” so I didn’t pay it any mind. I got pregnant 1.5 weeks after treatment. I had a 6 week US, of which went fine (heartbeat was there, and length was on time). However, my uterus always felt very tender, and at 11 weeks, I naturally mis-carried. I was devastated. I didn’t know what was going on when I was miscarrying. I looked up false labor pains versus true labor pains. But the tell tell sign early was blood on the tissue when I wiped. I never had spotting early on. So I was thinking I must be miscarrying, of which I did. I stood up, and gush came out, along with mucus plug. Then it was on from there. To this day, I don’t know why I mis-carried.

Fast forward to today, I am now what I think 6 weeks pregnant today, 5/13/17. I am a travel RN, so I left for an assignment in a different state, of which my current insurance wouldn’t cover me in that state. So I un-enrolled from that insurance. The insurance at my new job won’t kick in until June 1, 2017. So I am freaking out that I need to be seen ASAP, due to the mis-carriage I had earlier, to catch anything early. So I eventually get admitted to a free clinic. The RN could only tell me if the pregnancy is a viable pregnancy using the US, looking for a Heartbeat that usually takes function at 6 weeks. So I get the US Friday, 5/12/17. Now mind you, my LMP was March 6. But I was not pregnant until March 31, 2017 (I just confirmed that today by finding labs that were taken from me on March 27, that stated I was not pregnant. But at the time of the US, I did not remember that. So the RN just went off of my LMP).

So I’m sure you all know what happened next, no heartbeat was found; the baby she stated measured 8 weeks from my LMP, but 9 weeks theoretically. The lady ya’ll had me in tears. She even stated that from her findings, at 8 weeks, that my baby should have had a heartbeat; just to confirm a fetal demise, she drew bloodwork for trending hcg levels. I have to go back Monday to complete the testing for seeing a trend, and she’ll have results on Tuesday.

This is scary you guys. How can a RN declare a fetal demise at 8 weeks. I now know my baby is only 6 weeks today from paperwork I have. So what is this fetal measurement hoopla if they can be completely wrong. My situation goes to show that they need to stop using the 1st day of LMP crap, and just solely go on the fetal measurements, bc they are passing on, I’m seeing in some instances, wrong information. I called my job in tears regarding this, bc now I have to take off from work to do a blood test that could have been avoided, if the RN just would have stated, not all heartbeats are seen at 8 weeks; lets just wait a couple more weeks, and come back again.

I can't wait to show her my labs i did on March 27th, showing i was not pregnant, and that the day i thought i got pregnant was correct. I was so distraught over this yesterday, until something came over me to find other stories like mine. Finding this website was very therapeutic for me. I'm now a lot calmer about this whole situation. I will definately keep you guys updated.
Travel_RN
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Mis-diagnosed bigtime!!!

Postby Leightryingforbaby » Mon May 15, 2017 12:20 am

Hello! Oh i hope you do update, im in the same boat but slightly worse. My LMP was march 10. I went in and they did transvaginal Ultra sound on March 11. The baby was visualized and measured at around 7 weeks. But has no heart beat. :( Im not sure in your post what kind of US you had. Anyway im suppose to go back this friday for second trans.vag us to confirm miscarriage. Anychance itll start up? I know it probably wont be there bc you Are suppose to see it since it measured 7weeks. Its just i feel so fine. No cramping or spotting. Anyway, ill be thinking about you. Good luck with your baby.
Leightryingforbaby
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Leightryingforbaby » Mon May 15, 2017 9:06 pm

Hello again, Listen i was reading your post and you mentioned changing insurances... im not sure if thru job or private, but i just changed jobs and my job informed me that the pregnancy is a preexisting condition because its a group plan thru work. Your 1 month waiting period made it sound like it came thru job. If it does you might have preexisting like i do. Im gonna have to buy private if they miraculously find a beat on friday. Btw when i went i was suppose to be 9 weeks so baby gestational age was 7 weeks. It should have had heartbeat. :( but you, if didnt conceive till after or near march 27, then you have a good chance i think. Let me know!
Leightryingforbaby
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Travel_RN » Wed May 17, 2017 7:39 pm

Update. I'm going through a rollercoster with this pregnancy. It's draining. Okay. So my blood work from last friday showed hcg levels 42290. Monday showed 30755. They still are saying im probably miscarrying. RN asked if i am experiencing any cramping, i stated no. Same ol' symptoms of gassyness, hungry all the time, and peeing a lot. I've looked at a sister site of this one, and Kay wrote that many viable pregnancies have hcg levels that plateau bw 30k and 50k, or drop. But what really matters is that there is a gestational sac ("which there is) that is growing, and a baby (which there is). I see a MD finally on Friday, so I can get better detailed info about my pregnancy. The first place I went to was a free clinic, of which did not have a MD there, and only a RN that could tell you if the pregnancy was viable or not by seeing a heartbeat at 6-7 weeks. As I know, heartbeats can be seen 10-12 weeks out for the first time. So i'll keep you guys updated.
Travel_RN
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Travel_RN » Wed May 17, 2017 7:45 pm

Oh and by the way, they mentioned my baby was 1.75cm. How is that possible for a, what they say, a 8 wk baby? I thought babies were measured in mm.
Travel_RN
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby hunny7 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:22 am

Any updates??? I'm on pins and needles with a very similar situation and super curious to learn if you have any updates.
hunny7
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Possible Miscarriage - All Other Issues