Confused - Pregnant or not after laparoscopy and D&C for ectopic

Find support from other moms who have been there and other moms who are also waiting.

Confused - Pregnant or not after laparoscopy and D&C for ectopic

Postby beksmel » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:20 am

Hi there

Im lost for words, I am hopeful, anxious, excited but mostly scared. Has anyone experienced this?

LMP: 23/5/15
Suspected Ectopic: 1/8/15
HCG levels slow to rise: 1/8 550 and 3/8 885
Laparoscopy 3/8/15 no evidence of ectopic, D&C performed.
7/8 3000+ hcg, gestational sac with yolk found in uterus, 5 weeks old.

Not the outcome I was excepting, I felt a sense of loss and physical discomfort with the surgery but to be told that I'm pregnant days later and its in the right place left me on cloud 9. Now with the obvious concern of whether or not it will survive, not even sure how its possible to survive after a D&C. Feel like I've gotten a miracle and praying it stays with me.

Would love to hear your stories, positive and negative any support is valued
beksmel
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Confused - Pregnant or not after laparoscopy for ectopic

Postby Kay » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:26 pm

First of all (((Hugs))). We have had babies survive the D&C procedure but, you already know how risky that was. First, I think you need to complain about your doctor. that was hugely irresponsible. You are diagnosed too quickly and I have no doubt they've taken other viable babies.

Find a new doctor and please stay closely monitored. One week after the yolk is seen, a baby should be seen if the pregnancy is still viable. Keep us updated. Praying for you!
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Re: Confused - Pregnant or not after laparoscopy and D&C for ectopic

Postby beksmel » Sat May 28, 2016 6:54 am

It's been a while and because of the unusual start to my pregnancy I was always waiting for something bad to happen and was hesitant to post. Although whatever the future holds it doesn't change the fact we welcomed a healthy baby into world. So should anyone else find themselves in the same boat having been told they are pregnant after a D&C there is hope. Good luck. E>
beksmel
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Miscarriage (?) Support