Misdiagnosed after IVF with low HCGs

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Re: Misdiagnosed after IVF with low HCGs

Postby helene » Thu May 10, 2012 5:28 pm

Wanted to give an update today:
Went to go to RE clinic but there was an accident that made me miss my appointment.
(Devine intervention?? I believe it is!!)
Re-scheduled for 08:45 tomorrow morning.

Got my hcg back from the OB= 597!!!!! :)8 B) :P
Absolutely doubled from 294 from RE hcg and close to double from my 394 from OB.

HCG is just a hormone...

OB doctor said that they want to do another on on Monday and if I have any cramping on either side to go to ER ASAP (understood).

I am soo happy that my little bean has some more time to grow and prove everyone wrong.

Will update tomorrow. I feel very optimistic this little one is right where it is supposed to be.
helene
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby helene » Fri May 11, 2012 6:25 am

Wanted to give an update:
Went to go to RE clinic but there was an accident that made me miss my appointment.
(Devine intervention?? I believe it is!!)
Re-scheduled for 08:45 tomorrow morning.

Got my hcg back from the OB= 597!!!!! :)8 B) :P
Absolutely doubled from 294 from RE hcg and close to double from my 394 from OB.

HCG is just a hormone...

OB doctor said that they want to do another on on Monday and if I have any cramping on either side to go to ER ASAP (understood).

I am soo happy that my little bean has some more time to grow and prove everyone wrong.

Will update later this am. I feel very optimistic this little one is right where it is supposed to be.
helene
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby helene » Fri May 11, 2012 6:03 pm

The Lord is hearing our prayers, the baby is in my womb!! :)8
It is measuring small and they are going to give me a week to see if there is any change.
Dr did not sound optimistic given my low hcg numbers & the size of the baby.

I still maintaining positive and praying for my miracle baby!! :H
helene
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby helene » Fri May 11, 2012 6:50 pm

Latest update:
5/10 OB 48hr blood draw= 594

Yesturday was my ultrasound scan at RE. Had to reschedule, the was an accident on my way there (devine intervention).

Yes! More time for my little bean to grow.

This am was my RE appt. & praise the Lord:
There is a baby in my womb!!! Dr found a yolk sac with fetal
pole...measuring smaller than it should be. He did not sound

optomistic and prepared me for miscarriage do to size & my numbers. I told him I understood he has to be pesimistic but I am
optomistic & hopeful.

I know I am not out of the woods but I am thankful I found this site
you gave me hope. I pray that this is a miracle baby. To who ever is in the same boat as me. Don't give up, stay Positive & always get a
2nd opinion. Make sure you have clear conscious before you make any decisions. If it in God's plan then it

I will continue to update. Monday I am getting another hcg from OB. Next Friday is my ultrasound at RE.
helene
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby izabellacg » Tue May 15, 2012 5:42 pm

We are going through the same thing right now.

14 dpER hcg=9
16 dpER hcg=18
20 dpER hcg=62

So the rise is in the 66-100% range, but the level is still VERY low! We are not giving up, and positive stories help us in staying positive. Thank you all for sharing!

Helene, I hope all is well! If you feel up to it, please provide an update
izabellacg
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby helene » Wed May 16, 2012 6:44 pm

Latest update: GOOD NEWS!!!

:)8 :P :) B)

Continued to be monitored by OB. Had hcg drawn on Friday 5/10 = 594(8th hcg).
They told me to draw again on Monday.

9th hcg= 5/14: 1300

With that result they said draw again in 48hrs.

Today's result: 1638 (10hcg=5/16)
The OB called me today around 1pmish and said the OB wanted to me right away and so an ultrasound. Didn't tell me why but I know why: they suspected ectopic which I knew it wasn't.

I thought yeay, this is my chance to see my little bean and see that he/she has grown and maybe I could possible see a heartbeat.

At my scan scheduled for 3:30pm I saw the tech (nice lady I had seen with my twins). Of course I was a little nervous but knew everything would be ok. The scan began and I could immediately see the baby area in my womb. As she got closer (zoomed in) I saw how much my little baby had grown and:

WE SAW A HEARTBEAT!!!!!!
E> E> E> E> E> E> E> E> E> E> E> E> E> E> E> E> E> E> E> E> E> E> E> E> E> E>
THANK YOU GOD!!!!!

That was amazing, the baby is measuring 5w1day, a bit behind since I am 6 weeks according to LMP. I saw the OB and she said it was amazing that we saw the heartbeat this early and to be cautiously optimistic. There is always a risk of miscarriage up tp your 12week. I left feeling happy & relieved. I am soo happy I listened to my GUT!

I know I am not out of the woods but I am thankful I found this site
you gave me hope. I pray that this is a miracle baby. I will continue to update. Still going to RE this Friday for their ultrasound. This little baby will surprise them & I can't wait to see the look on their faces.

PS
Since last Friday I have been carrying the image of St Gerard: Patron of expectant mothers and children) Took it with me to all scans!!
helene
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby helene » Wed May 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Hi izabellacg: T:)

Stay positive and have hope because that is all we have.
:)

I will pray for you and your little one. :H
helene
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby izabellacg » Thu May 17, 2012 6:54 pm

OMG, Helene, that is the best news, I am so happy for you!!! Thank you so much for the update! I hope you don't think I am weird, but I charted out your hcg levels so I can compare them to mine. :) You give me hope! Tomorrow is day 24 after ER, and I have another hcg test scheduled. I hope all will be well and it is just a case of late implentation. I don't have any pregnancy symptoms besided moderately sore breasts. How are you feeling? Do you have any symptoms? If yes, when did they start? I think I am 10 days behind you, my ER was on April 24th, ET of April 30th. We transferred 2 DAY6 embryos.

I am so hopefule to follow in your path! Thank you for keeping in touch and for the extra prayers! I will have you in my thoughs and prayers as well!
Izabella
izabellacg
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby helene » Fri May 18, 2012 6:10 am

Thank you izabellacg, I don't think it is weird at all to compare hcg. I did that myself with other ladies hcg.

From all the research I did I found that hcg is very variable with all pregnancies. Yes, drs prefer to see it double in 48hrs or that 60-66%. But just because you have low levels doesn't mean you will not have a healthy pregnancy. Of course it can go the other way but I choose to look at the positive side. Also, hcg can double at a 72hr rate which is more like mine.

As far as symptoms that I can recall remember having mild cramps the week of my hcg. The day before hcg I had an unusual cramp and that day I started spotting (I think that was my baby implanting & I have a late implanter). I continued to spot for 2 weeks until my 6th week and thank goodness nothing for several days. I have had a bit of nausea as early as 4th week along with breast tenderness off and on. I continued that through my 5th week. For this week I have felt bloated, pants tighter around belly area and I started having toe cramps, oh and this week I am feeling really tired when I get home. So far I am feeling pretty good (have mild cold).

I am very hopeful for you too that your levels will keep rising. Good luck at the next hcg!!
***I went during my lunch breaks for blood draws & noticed that they were higher of (course except for my last one) and stay hydrated***

Today is my ultrasound at my RE's office. Talking to my little baby and telling him/her to give them a good show. I feel confident (still little nervous). Will give you update later today.

Thank you for keeping us in your prayers, I will continue to keep you in mine.
helene
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby izabellacg » Fri May 18, 2012 2:49 pm

I had another hcg this morning and it was 38. Doctor asked us to stop the medications. At first I din't feel anything, like this was not happening to me. But it is starting to dawn on me that it is over for now. I am grateful for the lessons this process taught me, and I am a stronger person for it, and Cris and I are stronger together.

Helene, if you want to stay in touch, my e-mail is my username at y...oo. Take good care and thank you for being so supportive!!!
izabellacg
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby helene » Sat May 19, 2012 10:26 am

izabellacg, I sent you an e-mail...please read. :(

I will give an update, yesturday I went to the RE. At my appointment what felt like it was forever waiting doc Will finally came in and we started the scan. He zoomed in and we saw the flickering little E> . I said aloud: THANK YOU JESUS!! Even though I felt confident that we would see the little flicker. The dr said the baby has grown significantly, still measuring on the small side. He told me to be cautiously optimistic and wants to see me next Friday. He said the baby will catch up or not...I am praying :H for the 1st. He gave me a big hug afterwards...told me he knew this had been an emotional roller coaster. I said yes and I am happy that we have a heartbeat. So until the next ultrasound....
helene
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby ldcdog2 » Sat May 26, 2012 12:21 pm

I am so glad for this site....secondary IF....two lovely miracles when I was far too young for babies ;)....when I got back from Afghanistan..we decided to try for another...4 years later....and 10 miscarriages! I am so tapped out....I'm now a study participant on heparin and progesterone....ive had 24hr doubles...33...48...and every baby still grew wings. This time
14 dpo =53~ 16 dpo= 87 ~19 dpo= 138.9 ~23 dpo= 302
Went from 58hr double to 105 hr double to 95 hr double ...ultrasound on June 4th...praying so hard...I have survived so much in the last six years..I don't want to just survive anymore....even my neuro surgeon wants to put off my surgery for this miracle we want so much! (Hurt my back over there)....so scared
ldcdog2
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Dani Ella » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:43 am

Thank you Mary & Helene for your stories. They are so encouraging & reading them gives me hope that we might also have a happy outcome to my current pregnancy.

I have had 2 miscarriages last year, one at 6 weeks, and the other at 9 weeks. I am currently 7 weeks pregnant, and was told last week that I will definitely miscarry. However things seemed to have turned a corner, and my HCG that a stopped doubling well, and which actually started falling last week is now on the rise again, and gradually picking up speed!

A little background:
I have had auto-immune thyroid issues treated with meds for many years, but until after the 2nd miscarriage, never managed properly. Now that we have a management plan, and also sice going 100% gluten free 6 months ago, things have improved, and my thyroid was functioning better & better, and meds reduced accordingly.

In addition, after lots of testing following the last miscarriage, we have found out that I have MTHFR as well as a slight Antithrombin III clotting problem. Although I have been on high doses of Active B Vitamins in their co-enzym (methyl- forms including folate, B12, B6 as well as B1 B2 & B3) that my body can absorb without having to convert them 1st (a problem for those with MTHFR), my homocysteine levels haven't budged, even 8 months after the dosage increased. The doctor has recently added in TMG (Tri-Methyl Glycine) along with the co-enzyme B vitamins to help methylate the homocysteine to get rid of it ( & the higher risk of clotting & miscarriage that goes along with homocysteine being too high). I am also taking fish oil (Omega 3) to help keep my blood circulating well & to help prevent clots. Basically the MTHFR causes tiny little clots to form in the uterus preventing enough nutrients & oxygen getting through the placenta to the baby...

12 July -12 dpo (Day 26 of my cycle) Found out I was pregnant. Beta HCG #1: 36
We know ovulation date because I had an HCG trigger as I had 2 follicles (one on each ovary) during ultrasounds and low dose of Gonal-F for a few days to grow more than 1 follicle to give a better chance due to my age. Otherwise a natural conception without IUI or IVF.
Thyroid which had been ticking along nicely the last 5 months with TSH of 0.4 just prior to getting pregnant now going haywire. Unfortunately ate a couple of things accidently with gluten 5 days before finding out I was pregnant, setting off an auto-immune attack (or perhaps ay have done so in any case with pregnancy????) TSH 5.67 Thyroid meds increased.

15 July -15 dpo HCG #2: 77 (doubling in 2 days & 19 hrs).
Started Clexane (Blood thinner) 1x/day.

19 July -19dpo HCG #3: 315 (doubling in just under 2 days).

26 July -26 dpo HCG #4: 825 (doubling in just over 5 days -slowing!!)
TSH checked again. Too high at 5.88 despite the meds increased 2 weeks prior. Auto-immune attack continues! Meds raised again. Also added in Nattokinase 1x/day, 12 hrs apart from the clexane to give better coverage against clots (recommended by doctor of Integrative Medicine ...It's a natural enzyme that eats up clots BUT no clinical studies in prenancy, although pregnant Japanese women have been eating a food called Natto for many years...) Hoping & praying that things will still be OK...

29 July -29 dpo HCG #5: 762 (fallen nearly 8% in 3 days)
:( Not good news! Can't believe I'm heading for ANOTHER miscarriage! Looks 99.9% sure...short of a miracle, and we're still praying for one, but preparing for the worst....

31 July -31 dpo Woke feeling much better ie warm & not cold, & pulse going at a nice strong steady pace! :) Looks like we're finally winning against the auto-immune thyroid attack! Still praying for a miracle! Hope it's not too late....

2 August -33 dpo HCG #6 791 (very slight rise of less than 4% over 4 days!!!) Wow! Have we actually turned a corner???!!!! This is the first time HCG has risen after it's fallen! Maybe we might have a miracle this time??? (The other times, HCG slowed, levelled out, and started to fall, picking up speed).
Also had an ultrasound which didn't find anthing in the wrong place (other than a small fibroid outside my uterus that's been there since the 1st pregnancy). Unfortunately only a small sac of 4x3mm in the right place... hope it's a real sac & not a pseudo-sac which can sometimes happen if ectopic. Corpus luteum found measuring 16.5 mm. Have been on progesterone (Crinone) 1x/day despite starting out with nice high progesterone. Progesterone & estadiol falling, but still good levels.
I was rung by the nurse saying to stop blood thinners & progesterone, that this was NOT A VIABLE PREGNANCY, and that I will miscarry. I told her that I would prefer staying on them & retesting again in a few days...I don't want to stop when maybe there will still be a miracle this time. She disagreed, but when she realised I was serious, she agreed. But I should come in in a few days as there's no point prolonging the inevitable... I agreed to return in 3 days for a blood test.

5 August -36dpo (Today) HCG #7 896 (on the rise still & starting to pick up speed!!! 13.3% over 3 days! Still not wonderful, but certainly an improvement!!!)
Nurse rang, and this time, after the nurse gave me her shpeel about how this
doesn't look like a viable pregnancy, instead of telling me again to
"just give up and miscarry" (not in those exact words...but that was
the gist of what she said last Thursday)....THIS time, instead of
that, she actually asked me "So...what do you think we should do now?"
And of course my response was that we should wait & see what happens
over the next few days since HCG is heading in the right direction...

And so I've been asked to come for another ultrasound. The nurse
suggested coming in on Tuesday, & I suggested Thursday as it's not
that long since the last ultrasound, and she agreed I could come
Thursday then. While I don't want it left too long in case the baby's
in the wrong place as it would be dangerous to be left too long,
neither do I want another U/S too soon as wouldn't have much chance to
see much change, and if this pregnancy does continue, I'd prefer as
minimal ultrasound exposure as possible.

So we wait yet AGAIN....but at least while we wait, there's hope that
things may turn out OK after all. I'm a bit of an emotional mess at
times riding this roller-coaster: Hoping & praying for the best (ie a
miracle!), and trying to prepare myself for the worst....makes me
scared every time I check blood test results online or get a phone
call. But at least it's not all over, and as tiny the chance is that
things will turn out OK, I'm still hanging in there!!!!

Thank you so much for your stories of hope on this website. While we don't know the outcome yet, hopefully ours will be one of the "misdiagnosed miscarriages" that you can add to your growing lists!
Dani Ella
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Dani Ella » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:35 am

Just to let you know: Unfortunately I miscarried this morning. Started spotting yesterday afternoon, and then last night felt like period pains. Started bleeding 2am & went to see the doctor this morning due to the bleeding & pains, and miscarried just after I arrived before I saw the doctor. Had a blood test & was sent for an ultrasound & the doctor checked me & sent the gestational sac & embryo (looked about 2 cm or so...smaller this time than last time, but this time was only 7 weeks, and last time 9 weeks) off to pathology for testing. We'll hear back in a couple of weeks, but probably won't get any answers (last time we didn't...) At least it wasn't an ectopic...so that's a relief...ie could be worse...

We're OK. Very disappointed, but OK.
Dani Ella
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby nursesuz » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:54 pm

Please oh please can this happen for me!

Hcgs
8/27 - 75
8/31 - 295
9/4 - 871
9/7 - 1105

I was told that I will be miscarrying soon. Just had a miscarriage at 16 weeks in March.

I sure hope that this can be my miracle baby! :sos

Suzanne
nursesuz
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby scoutmhen » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:47 pm

Hello, I know this is an old post but I'm hoping you still stay in touch. Do they have any idea why this happened? Did you have a late implanter? I am going through something very similar and am looking for some hope. Your story definitely gives me some.

mnh88 wrote:Hi there -

I recently went through a misdiagnosed miscarriage. I found your website during it all, and it gave me hope that got me through it. I wanted to tell you my story so others are aware that low HCGs may not mean a non-viable pregnancy! Here's my story...

I'm 38 years old and have been "infertile" for 4 years. My husband and I tried 1 unsuccessful IVF cycle and then got pregnant with our 1st daughter on the 2nd IVF. 1 year after her birth we decided to try again (I'm not getting any younger!) because we really wanted a sibling for her. We had 1 failed FET (frozen cycle), then another IVF cycle which didn't work, and another FET cycle that didn't work. Our 4th (and FINAL) IVF try was in June/July. We decided beforehand it was our last try regardless - emotionally and financially we couldn't do anymore.

My last period (LMP) was June 20th. My embryos were retrieved (and thus, conception occurred) on July 2nd. Because this was IVF, there was no doubt about the date of conception!

On 7/16, 27 days after LMP (4 weeks after LMP), my HCG # was 29. The doctor told me it was VERY LOW so I was technically pregnant but wasn't looking good. He told me to continue my IVF drugs (progesterone) and come back in 2-5 days later. He said low #s are OK as long as they double every 48 hours.

On 7/21, 31 days after LMP (4.5 weeks after LMP), my HCG # was 45. It didn't even double after 4 days... and was still very low. So at this point, he told me it was a "non-viable" pregnancy and I should stop my IVF drugs. He told me I didn't have to - it was my choice, but he's never seen #s like this ever continue on. So, I stopped the drugs.

1 week later, on 7/28 I went back in for a blood test. No bleeding yet. My HCG # was 365 (5.5 weeks after LMP). He told me it was still a non-viable pregnancy and to come in next week to "follow the miscarriage through". He decided to do an ultrasound (next weeK) to see if it was ectopic since that can cause rising low numbers. I went online after this appt and found 10+ websites w/HCG ranges of healthy pregnancies. Mine were low but did fall into some of them... that gave me hope. I also found the misdiagnosed miscarriages website which also gave me hope.

1 week later, on 7/31 (6.5 weeks after LMP) I went back in for a blood test and ultrasound. No bleeding yet... and I was FEELING pregnant (peeing a lot and having wild/vivid dreams!) The ultrasound showed an empty gestational sac (and funny shaped as well.) So again, the doctor confirmed it was a non-viable pregnancy and told me to come back next week to confirm "no changes" via an ultrasound. Good news it wasn't ectopic. Then they called me that afternoon to tell me my HCG # was 645. Up again but still VERY LOW for the age the embryo. At this point I was ready to give up. I went out with a girlfriend and had a few gin & tonics and golfed 18 holes to get my mind of things. I needed to just "release".

1 week later, on 8/6, we went in for the confirmation of our empty gestational sac. To EVERYONE's surpirse, there was a heartbeat. You could have heard a pin drop in the room. The doctor and ultrasound tech were dumbfounded... not to mentioned my husband and I (why'd I have those gin & tonics???) However, the fetus was measuring 2 weeks too small so the doctor said our odds were 'better' but still not good because of the small size. They didn't take blood this time (didn't need to?) but told us to come back in 1-2 weeks for another ultrasound. The doctor told me so start up my progesterone again, just in case...

On 8/18 we went back in for another ultrasound. To everyone's amazement, the heartbeat was still there and the baby 'caught up' in size... was only a few days behind now. At this point, he said I had as good odds as anyone my age (38) and that I should go to my OBGYN now (this was the infertility doctor I was seeing). My husband and I left the clinic astounded, shocked, excited, and scared.

As of today, I'm 13.5 weeks pregnant. We had our nuchal? screening and our odds of downs and trisomy 18 are low. Everything is looking great, and my pregnancy is doing well. It's still early and anything can happen... but having made it this far is truly a miracle.

What makes this even more amazing, besides the low HCG #s, is that I STOPPED my progesterone. When you go through IVF, they "suck" out the eggs from your ovaries. Doing this also sucks out the fluid that triggers your body to produce progesterone (this is how the nurses explained it to me) so that's why IVF patients get progesterone shots afterwards -- because many of them won't produce on their own... and if they do, it may be low for some (because of our infertility.) SOMEHOW, my body knew to keep producing progesterone and support this pregnancy, even after I stopped my shots. Not all women would have been this lucky -- they would have miscarriaged a perfectly healthy fetus because of stopping the shots.

Although my doctor misdiagnosed my miscarriage, he never mentioned D&C... as a matter of fact, when I asked he suggested we let it pass naturally. So kudos to him to not rush to judgement in that regard. FYI: The clinic is now changing all their protocols because of me - what they consider healthy HCG levels (or atleast, HCGs with potential.)

I'm telling you this story for 2 reasons:
1) I hope that other women out there was obscenely low HCG #s know that it CAN happen. Odds are still slim, but it CAN happen and they should hold out hope until they know for sure.
2) I hope that anyone going through IVF that is told to STOP their progesterone doesn't until they know FOR SURE there is not a viable pregnancy (no heartbeat at 11/12 weeks.) Getting shots suck but in the long run, it might be worth it.

All in all we've went through 4 IVFs and 3 FETs. Not cheap... but luckily we've had the resources to afford it. Having a beautilful 20 month old and *hopefully* another on the way, I'd do it all again in a heartbeat.
scoutmhen
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Angelmbc » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:35 pm

Same situation here.
Beta numbers all good, rising perfectly.
Went for 7wk3day scan and only measuring 5wk5days. Had ivf so no doubt about the dates. No heartbeat but can't tell if it's just tissue or a yolk sac. Going back in a week to check.
Feeling devastated. But hoping my story will be one of the positive ones on here. I have stopped peeing so much, not sleeping as much, I no longer feel pregnant. But I had ohss so it could be those symptoms fading.
Send prayers.
Angelmbc
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kudraat » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:11 pm

helene wrote:My story:

Hello, I am so happy I found this site.
I have beautiful 21/2 yo twins by ivf.
We wanted 1 more baby so here we are.
LMP: 4/2/12
Transferred 1 beautiful embryo (3 day): 4/17
Started light spotting 4/29
1st hcg= 48: 4/30
1st thing nurse said it is positive but with a low number...may not be viable pregnancy.
2nd hcg= 70: 5/2
Not hopeful but we will continue to monitor & she mentioned it could be ectopic with those low numbers.
Wow, I thought how could that even be possible but it can
happen. Still trying to maintain optomistic.
3rd hcg= 106: 5/4
It is not doubling like it should, shy of 60-66% . At this
point I felt devastated & felt like it was over.
4th hcg= 226: 5/6
Went to RE & they did ultrasound. Of course to early to
see anything. No fluid or blood near tubes/ovaries -slight
chance of ectopic.
Doc still sounded a little hopeful & they will keep monitoring. My mom kept hope & prayers even though I had given up. So I started having hope again & am praying for a miracle baby. I also found this web-site on Monday & you gave me hope.

5th hcg=5/8: 294

This time when I got a call from the nurse she said it was a failing pregnancy & they wanted me to start tonight with cervadil to expel contents of uterus & if my numbers rose
then it was ectopic & then I would take methotrexate.
I asked if we could wait, I wasn't ready to give up yet. So they gave me 1 more day.

I wanted a 2nd opinion & called my OB. At 1st I gave my
background....they told me a nurse would call. Didn't hear back soon enough & I called back. I told the nurse my
cycle time, positive pregnancytest & I was bleeding &
worried about a miscarriage. She said it was normal to bleed early in pregnancy. It is too early for scan but they
will do blood hcg. I asked what numbers cou be & she said numbers & also said even in the 200's. Well,

I went & got my blood drawn=349

They want me to return in 48hrs.
I will take todays hcg @ lunch for RE.

I am waiting my 48hrs!!! Will continue progesterone as well.

Any thoughts????

The Master has observed our wishes & our little legumes variety went up to: 434!!!!
The RE health professional talked to doc & they still suppose ectopic (which it is not!!) but want to do an super audio.
Kudraat
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Silver » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:02 pm

Hello,

I have been feverishly reading posts on this site with tears in my eyes.

I had a FET on 7/18 with two blastocysts. On 7/24 I got a very light positive HPT and two days later it was a bit darker. The next day I was in a car accident, which although minor, involved the driver fleeing the scene. It was very stressful and I was shaking all day and evening. That was on 7/27. On 7/29 I had my first beta and even though I'd gotten a pretty dark FRER HPT line, my beta was only 33. Beta repeated on 7/31 was 36. My nurse was on vacation and the girl who called with the news seemed nervous and just said "It's low and the doctor reviewed your file and wants you to discontinue all meds immediately". I didn't take meds at the normal time but about an hour later it just felt like it would be wrong. I felt like I was killing my baby is all I can describe it as. So I took the meds. I'm worried about it being ectopic and decided to find an OB today. I now have an appointment scheduled for tomorrow. They said they'll do urine and blood test. I'm not sure what else they will do since right now I am at 4weeks5days and I don't think an u/s would show much. I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice. I plan to keep taking meds until I know for sure that there is no baby. I am just terrified about ectopic and don't want to endanger my life. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
Silver
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Marylin » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:23 am

Your story is very consoling Mary . I am going through similar situation and pray to God to work on me and on my baby
Marylin
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child
PreviousNext

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories