My story

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

My story

Postby inGodstime » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:05 am

Hi all

I just want to share my story with everyone going through a "blighted ovum" scare.

Me and dh have been ttc for six years. Never had a + hpt ever before. In July I had my sixth IUI and it turned out to be +! I got a + hpt at 13dpiui and was ecstatic! Went to the lab the same day and got my beta back as 25.8. Doc said I must go for a 2nd beta in three days' time, and it came back as 24. The doc told me he suspected it being a blighted ovum, and I should expect to start bleeding soon.

It was the worst time ever. I researched and came across this site, which gave me something to hold onto.

Four days later, still no bleeding, the doc said I must go for a beta once again. It came back at 64. Still too low according to my doc. He said if still nothing in a week's time I should come in for an ultrasound.

So at 5w6d I went, and all he could see was the empty sack. Still negative and advising me that I shouldn't get my hopes up. He told me
to come back for another ultrasound in a week's time if there's no change. I gave it two weeks and went back at 7w6d. We saw the most beautiful little embryo with a heartbeat of 147bpm. The doc couldn't believe his eyes.

I was put on progesterone till I reach 12weeks. Went for another u/sound at 10w3d and again at 12w6d. He did the measurements for Down's and everything is normal! I am 34 and dh is 42. I will be 15weeks this Saturday.

Ladies, DON'T GIVE UP. Don't give up hope, because that's all we have.

I hope this means something to someone out there.

Good luck to all,
Althea
inGodstime
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby aileen » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:17 pm

wow, congratulations! Thanks so much for sharing. What an exciting time for all of you! keep us posted
aileen
aileen
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:07 pm

A lot of women have numbers drop temporarily in the first trimester. It can be due to dehydration or loss of a hidden twin. There are just too many cases for doctor's to write off the pregnancy so quickly. I'm glad you hung in there! Congratulations!
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Re: My story

Postby inGodstime » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:58 am

Hi all!!

I am happy to announce the birth of Tatyana Milan Viljoen on 25 March 2010. 8)O

Which started out as a "blighted ovum" turned out to be our long awaited miracle baby.

She's a joy and it's just awesome to have her in our lives.

To all still waiting for their miracle, hang in there. God has a plan for each and every one of us.

Love
Althea
inGodstime
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:59 pm

Those "blighted ovum" babies certainly are precious ones! I absolutely love the name. Congratulations and thank you so much for letting us know. Yay!
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby helpme2110 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:31 pm

Hi everyone. I do no see any recent post (at lease not for 2110), but i came upon this site because I was been diagnosed with a pending miscarriage. We have had 2 miscarriages already so I am terrified and in need of prayers, a miracle, and HOPE. Went in Monday and my HCG levels read 44 which was a good number...doctor was happy and my husband and I were estatic. Went in 2 days later (Weds) and my HCG level was 47...doctor said that it does not look like a viable pregnancy. He advised I stop taking my progesterone so that I can get my period. My instinct told me to ask for another HCG. I did, we are having another one on Monday (on week from the first test)...Anyone have any other suggestions or advice? Did anyone go through something like this?
helpme2110
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby adele » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:58 am

hey ther help me,
im sorry you feel so lost but no need to we all here for you, im going thru da same and im having faith, trust in god and drink your water 64oz a day you maight think it cant harm or do anything if u dnt bt it can it can coz your hcg to be very low like mine and yours and also nt to double im aparntly 7weeks pregnant, i did my first test when i started to bleed after my MMS so i did 4 HPT all showing positive wth a very light second line, so i went for my blood test 37.8 dr said 1week me being confused knopwing thats nt posible went fr a second hcg test by a diffrent place hcg at 31.7 saying 4weeks a week later went back to the first place and my hcg droped to 32.6 this was dne by 2 diffrent labs, mom said dr thinks i had a miscariage due to low hcg and the 18days of spoting/bleeding (only when wiped) but i dnt believe it for my heart tells me im fine i hav nt gone back for any test again ive been drinking my water and my preg symtms are returning which makes me believe that my hcg has been picking up, all i wna say is juz keep believing relaxing and trust in god its proven here that docters do infact NOT :() know everything and jump to their own stupid conclusions at times...i trully believe that everything is fine and that kevin or kate-lynn will be in my arms by may-june 2011... :)8 sooo relax gf take it easy drink your water enjoy your pregnancy :)O< ...P.s im only going back to dr at bout 8-9weeks giving baby time to grow...

Hope my storie gives you hope keep posting we here for each other T:)
adele
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby helpme2110 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:18 pm

Hi Adele,

Thank you for your reply. So sorry to hear what you are going through. I will keep you in my prayers...I am still waiting for the HCG results from yesterday (Monday). I am keeping the faith and hoping that my doctor was wrong. I hope it works out well for the two of us. Keep me posted. With God's help the two of us can expect to hold our babies in June 2011.
I'll post when I know more and I hope to hear from you with updates. All the best and many blessings.
:)O
helpme2110
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby adele » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:59 pm

Hey helpme

Thanx for the reply, let me corect you we WILL be holding our babys by june 2011 B) also please let me know bout your hcg update, did you drink plenty water? lol im already sounding like a mommy (blush) next week il l be about 8weeks and will consider going for my first u/s altough ive got this gut feeling that i might be off date lol but well soon find out.

God bless and will be pasiently waitinf for your update :)8
adele
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby helpme2110 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:13 pm

Adele, Hope you get to see your little one on your ultrasound appointment. Keep me posted. I'll pray for all good things. My HCG levels on Monday were 426...so if you don't take into account the 47 and go based on the first HCG at 44 and this recent one of 426 my numbers are doubling every 51 hours on average :)8 I'm glad I waited for a repeat HCG, but I will continue to pray :H I go in for another HCG this Friday...I hope to get more blessings and good news. After two miscarriages the waiting can be nerve racking. Is this your first? I am not sure if you already shared that. Best of luck. Keep me posted. God bless!

PS Thanks for the advice...I am drinking more water now...
helpme2110
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby MrsCK » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:20 am

So glad your numbers are doubling!!

Althea, congratulations on the birth of your baby! ♥
MrsCK
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby helpme2110 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:35 pm

hi adele and everyone else.
Any updates from you Adele?
I have a brief update...things are ok, though not ideal. Here is the summary of the HCG draws:
9/27 44
9/29 47
10/4 426 (doubling every 51 hours)
10/8 858 (numbers doubling every 4 days or so)

I am due for another draw today. I was just wondering if anyone had anything to share regarding this scenario? Should I be happy with the fact the the numbers are increasing even if there are not doubling every 2 to 3 days?

Praying for good numbers on todays draw :H Good luck and blessing to everyone.
helpme2110
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby MrsCK » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:12 am

Your numbers look good!!
MrsCK
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby kristyk77 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:43 am

Is there any possibilty of being 5 weeks pregnant (from LMP) and HCG only 2??? The dr thinks I've miscarried (had moderate bleeding at 4 1/2 weeks after a positive HPT), and he's probably right - it's just that I still feel pregnant (physically).
kristyk77
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby MrsCK » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:26 am

Hi Kirsty... your numbers don't look good hun :( Especially not for 5 weeks, are you 100% sure that you are 5 weeks and not earlier?
Are you going for another beta test in 2 or 3 days?
MrsCK
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby kristyk77 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:42 pm

No. No more tests as the dr believes it's over. It probably is. Just hard to accept I think.
Thankyou.
kristyk77
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby MrsCK » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:47 am

♥ ♥
MrsCK
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby helpme2110 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:57 pm

Hi all.

Adele any updates from you. I went in for my first ultrasound a little over a week ago and baby measured at 6 weeks and 5 days. We saw that heartbeat but the doctor did say that the gestational sac was "a bit small." Has this happened to anyone else? I've read a few things online and some of them scare me. After the 2 miscarriages and the slow rising HCGs as posted previously I am still concerned...tomorrow is ultrasound number two. Hopefully the baby will measure 8 weeks and one day and we will still see a heart beat and hope that everything else, including the gestational sac is in order.

Kristy sorry for your loss. I know how you feel...my thoughts are with you.
helpme2110
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby MrsCK » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:54 am

@Helpme - the sac could have been a bit small due to your actual conception date being a bit later than you thought? Good luck for the next scan.
MrsCK
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby charliethebeagle » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:59 pm

hi Adele and helpme2010, any updates are you ok? I am going through the same thing, I am praying for you both.
charliethebeagle
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child
Next

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories