Hcg's not stable and empty sac...MISDIAGNOSED

Have you had a misdiagosed miscarriage? Please share your stories here.

Hcg's not stable and empty sac...MISDIAGNOSED

Postby BelieveNPrayer » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:46 pm

Hello all,

I'm thanking God for this site. I know that HE lead me here. Like a lot of stories that I've read, I too am waiting and praying for a miracle. A little more that two weeks ago, after a missed period, I took a home pregnancy test which turned out to be positive. A few days later, I went to my doctor for a urine test which was also positive. A few days later, I was having some cramping, so I went in to the ER. I was given an U/S and bloodwork. My hcg was @ 32,000 and there was no yolk sac I was told that I might have a blighted ovum. I was a little nervous, but not worried. Two days later I visited my ob/gyn and again my hcg levels were tested and were up to 45,000. @ this point I'm about 5 weeks into my pregnancy. My levels were checked again after two days only to find that they dropped to 42,000. My doctor(nurse) tells me that I'm going to miscarry...It's only a matter of time she says." She told me that I should start bleeding over the weekend (that was on a friday) and that I should call on monday to schedule a D&C if it didnt happen naturally." Well, I waited to miscarry...and nothing!!! I went back to my OB on thursday(Nov 12) to have my levels check again and PRAISE GOD :H they went up to 110,000!!! I know that I'm not in the clear yet. My next U/S is Nov 17 and I pray that God has already worked His miracle...please pray with me!
Last edited by BelieveNPrayer on Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God Can Do Anything!
BelieveNPrayer
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby nicole729 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:38 pm

So sorry what you are going through. Don't give up.. it is too early to tell what is really going on dispite the strange HCG results. I am having the same thing but haven't had my levels checked after they fell and have only had 2 ultrasounds. I am still holding on to defy the odds! Keep us posted no matter what if you can. Thanks. God Bless!
For you created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made: My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in the secret place. PSALMS 139: 13-16
nicole729
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:03 pm

Good news on that rise in numbers. We have seen time and again hCG levels plateau and even decline before rising normally again.

Please, update us on that ultrasound.
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

No empty sac for me !!!

Postby BelieveNPrayer » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:49 pm

Great News!!!

After fasting and prayer on Monday November 16, my husband and I went in for a transvaginal ultrasound the next day. Upon entering the office, which was not my OB, I was a bit nervous but not distraught. The doctor explained to me that my previous visit to the ER also showed results of blodclots (which I knew nothing of). She proceeded to do the U/S and no sooner than she started, she found my little peanut with a heartbeat of 170 bpm E> . She also checked for blodclots and nothing!!! Needless to say I was ecstatic :)8 !!! I have always believed in God's power and I am sooooooo glad to be the recepient of HIS miracle. Although I am only 7w3d, I am trusting in Him to see me through. If you are experiencing trials, my advice, hold on...God has the last say (not your doctor).

For without faith, it is impossible to please God. Hebrews 11:8 E> E>
God Can Do Anything!
BelieveNPrayer
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Postby Kay » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:56 pm

Wonderful! Oh, I am just so happy for you. My hope is that that office does not scare any more women needlessly. Patience, it truly is a virtue :)

Please, keep us updated!
-------------------------------
To read my own Misdiagnosed Miscarriage stories:
my blighted ovum scare
Told I was miscarrying at 12 weeks

Blogging on Misdiagnosed Miscarriages
If you are being diagnosed with a blighted ovum after IVF, please take a look at this article I put together: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage After IVF
and why I just believe a blighted ovum should NOT be diagnosed before nine weeks at the earliest and the UK's new guidelines support this

This post is for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to replace information given by your physician but rather intended to supplement that information.
Kay

Postby nicole729 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:23 am

So love to hear these awesome stories! Congrats on finding your little miracle. May he/she grow and be a blessing to your lives. 8)O Have a uneventful pregnancy full of joy! Happy Thanksgiving. B) :)O<
For you created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made: My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in the secret place. PSALMS 139: 13-16
nicole729
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Hcg's not stable and empty sac...MISDIAGNOSED

Postby devidev » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:25 am

Hi all,

I'm new to this website, and I am glad that I found it! It is good to hear all these wonderful stories of hope.

Currently I am in the unfortunate state of uncertainty with my pregnancy :( I was tested positive back around mid-July by having hcg = 42. Doctor reckoned it was 3-4 weeks, though to be honest, personally I thought it was more like 1-2 weeks.

Had my first US on 4th August (supposedly around 7 weeks or so based on doctor's initial estimation), straight away told it was a non-viable pregnancy :*( US report said I have a retroverted uterus. hcg level around 42000 at that stage.

Did another blood test about a week later, hcg dropped to 29000, and doctor is sure that it is a miscarriage, but told me to have another US to confirm.

Three days later I started bleeding. Not much, just a little bit of brownish discharge with some clots occasionally. Another blood test a few days later (one week from last blood test), hcg dropped again to 25000.

Did my second US, according to doctor's initial estimation supposedly at around 10.5 weeks, saw a sac with no baby inside.

The last couple of days I started bleeding even more (though still not much more than what you have during a normal period), but it is much more red instead of brown. So far, despite all the other symptoms, I haven't experienced any pains whatsoever. Today I have been feeling slight cramping, not sure if it is because I'm too worried?!?

Doctor keeps telling me to get D&C as soon as possible as he reckons there is absolutely no hope, but I don't want to believe that. I mean, he may end up being correct, but for my own peace of mind, I want to wait a bit more, not wanting to rush into anything that I might regret in the future.

Not putting my hopes up too high since I seem to have all the "bad symptoms", but not giving up hope just yet either, so was just wondering if there's anyone out there who experienced something similar and ended up with a positive result? I would love to hear your story.

Anyway, just want to thank you all for being a positive influence for me in this difficult time, please remember us in your prayers.

Warm regards,
devi
devidev
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Re: Hcg's not stable and empty sac...MISDIAGNOSED

Postby legs2earth » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:27 am

Hi Devi

I am very interested in how you got on? I am in the exact situation as you.
I hope things turned out well for you.

Thanks,
legs2earth
<b> </b>
<b> </b>

Remembrance Jewelry, Memorial Keepsakes
My Forever Child

Return to Our Misdiagnosed Miscarriage Stories